FIFA 2014 World Cup all-purpose thread | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

FIFA 2014 World Cup all-purpose thread

I heard Bedoya is starting over Davis and Gonzalez in Central Defender over Cameron. I wish they put Mix in Beckerman and go for it today and let Bradley have less responsibility. We played like crap last May against Belgium in Cleveland, but played a tough 1-0 game in Brussels in November 2011 and had a late equalizer by Maurice Edu waived off we can beat these Devils.

I believe that...

Canadian as Poppy mentioned earlier if you want CONCACAF to make a case a 4th permanent slot you Canadians should want the US and Costa Rica to make a run to get the CONCACAF region a case for that spot. Only South America and Europe have won the WC thus if CONCACAF could get a team in the final that would be huge.

Canada's drought of WC appearances is amazing since 1998 I believe. MLS in Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal has had to help the sport in Canada.

Kaka to join Orlando. Kaka
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaká
I love this move by Orlando, it is just like the Beckham scenario were Kaka may not be at his top form, but he is still plenty good enough to be a difference maker in the MLS. He also gives a name player to a franchise that hasn't played one game yet, come opening day I'm sure their stadium will be packed to see Kaka play his first MLS game.

I heard Bedoya is starting over Davis and Gonzalez in Central Defender over Cameron. I wish they put Mix in Beckerman and go for it today and let Bradley have less responsibility. We played like crap last May against Belgium in Cleveland, but played a tough 1-0 game in Brussels in November 2011 and had a late equalizer by Maurice Edu waived off we can beat these Devils.

I believe that...

That would be interesting...slide Bradley back to the Mediano role...and have him play like a Regista...Jones on the left, Bedoya on the right and Diskerud at the tip of the diamond...

Definitely a more offensive line-up but not sure they can afford to do that against a side as talented as Belgium...

I REALLY hope the Swiss win this match not because I'm afraid of Argentina but rather I'm already bored with watching them drop like gunshot victims at the slightest hint of contact.

Just heard we will have the game up on the big screen in the conference room. Only 2 days left to clean up last fiscal year, and we dont give a shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. WE BELIEVE!!!

Outside of Messi, Argentina has two goals thus far, and both were accidents; an OG by the Bosnian defender and a deflection off a corner that Rojo knew nothing about.

Just heard we will have the game up on the big screen in the conference room. Only 2 days left to clean up last fiscal year, and we dont give a shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. WE BELIEVE!!!
upload_2014-7-1_13-21-34.jpeg

Hoping for a last-second Swiss miracle goal.

No such luck... another game that goes to overtime.

I believe the last 8 teams to win a Rd. of 16 game on penalties were eliminated in the subsequent round.

Let's get 30 more minutes of goalless footy.

Good Luck today.

Belgium has been rather underwhelming thus far. Going to be anyones game.

I am certainly cheering for USA over Fellaini et all

Last time Swiss went into penaltys was in 06, against mighty Ukraine!

After Ukraine won in the shootout, all of Kiev went nuts...it was cool !

...you had to be there to get it :oops:

No Beckerman. Bradley playing CDM with Jones and Cameron to his left and right. No Jozy either. With Cameron Playing CDM role I'm thinking Fabian Johnson will be pushing up a lot.

EDIT: whoever displayed that lineup is wrong I believe. Looks like a 5-4-1 today with three CBs... Park tha bus...

You know what, the team traveled the whole way to Brasil... they may as well win the whole damn thing!

Line Up = Bunker not a criticism but get ready for a whole crap load of defending again

No Beckerman. Bradley playing CDM with Jones and Cameron to his left and right. No Jozy either. With Cameron Playing CDM role I'm thinking Fabian Johnson will be pushing up a lot.

EDIT: whoever displayed that lineup is wrong I believe. Looks like a 5-4-1 today with three CBs... Park tha bus...

My best guess is that this line-up is designed to allow Bradley to come forward from a deeper position and to allow Johnson to fire up the right hand side with Cameron providing cover...

Beckerman is also the equivalent of a defensive mid in lacrosse...he is there to break up plays and, once in possession he can only do the basics...Cameron should have better distribution...