FIL 2018 World Championship | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

FIL 2018 World Championship

DeEFNExXUAAGiC5.jpg

Canadian disaster

Drake Porter, a goalie from Aurora, Ont. playing at Syracuse University, declined a spot on Team Canada for the world championships.
“I, and presumably many other players who received this invitation, do not want to undermine the goals of the NLTPA members during this time who are fighting for the rights of future national team players as well as a better CLA,” Porter said in a statement.

Canadian disaster

Drake Porter, a goalie from Aurora, Ont. playing at Syracuse University, declined a spot on Team Canada for the world championships.
“I, and presumably many other players who received this invitation, do not want to undermine the goals of the NLTPA members during this time who are fighting for the rights of future national team players as well as a better CLA,” Porter said in a statement.
Hadn't heard about all this.

Talks stall between Canadian Lacrosse Association, players` association | The Star

In October, Gary Gait, Dave Huntley, Johnny Mouradian and Dean French — directors responsible for Canada’s five national teams that report to the CLA — penned a letter to the CLA asking that steps be taken to restore the organization’s charitable status and that improved health insurance be offered to players. The directors said they would resign their posts if their conditions were not met by March.

The CLA accepted their resignations almost immediately, save for Gait. The lacrosse superstar was told that he was welcome to stay on, but he declined.

CLA Breaks Talks with NLTPA, Seriously Jeopardizing Team Canada's Presence in Israel

Gary Gait, a veteran of the 2006 Men’s Gold Medal Field team, noted, “The Canadian lacrosse community is extremely close-knit. I do not see any scenario where replacement players and coaches get on that plane to Israel. They would be breaking a bond among players that simply is never broken. It won’t happen.”

This is a young roster. No Sid Smith or Cody Jamieson. I think Quint Kessenich might've predicted an Israel bronze medal, so the Iroquois will have a challenge to medal.

This is a young roster. No Sid Smith or Cody Jamieson. I think Quint Kessenich might've predicted an Israel bronze medal, so the Iroquois will have a challenge to medal.

Young but talented. I think there's still a pretty big gap from the big three (US, Canada, Iroquois) to the rest of the field.

Offensively this team stacks up with Canada and the U.S. The one thing that makes their offense so great is their creativity. That will also be there biggest problem as playing their style causes a lot of turnovers. This Defense will struggle vs the big two. Canada and the U.S will be able to play make it take it, this team does not have a comparable face off man. They will be fun to watch regardless.

I may be missing something, but beyond Lyle, I really don’t think their offense is even close to US and Canada. The other attackers are good to very good, but none of their middies strike any fear. There are some nice players, but none of the middies are going to regularly draw a quick slide. I may be wrong, it happens fairly regularly, but the US will beat them by double digits.

Now that the CLA and NLTPA have made peace, is Drake Porter on the Candian roster?

They arrived a couple hours ago. Tough that they get the USA right off the plane. Would have been nice for the to get Australia or Japan, then the US.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom