Filling out the roster...where do we go from here? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Filling out the roster...where do we go from here?

Problem is, over the past few recruiting seasons, the likes of Duke and (especially) UK have used us as a stalking horse--let the SU staff scout the talent, then swoop in at the end.
Agree. JB does the work. (And assistants)

One thing I'd like to point out, that I think is affecting all of our thinking. When Hop was recruiting, he had a very narrow focus, offered few, and closed on a ridiculous pct. He liked to close early and never wanted a long drawn out battle with us being the perceived leader. He wanted to be the hunter, not the hunted. Troy was the same way. Both could identify talent early - which helped.

Adrien, GMAC and Allen, for various reasons, cast wider nets...there are going to be more "misses".

This is very true, also it's worth noting how much social media has been a game changer. It's much harder for a kid to be truly "hidden" these days as someone even a casual observer recognizes a coach or the kid decides to share who is talking to him...

Problem is, over the past few recruiting seasons, the likes of Duke and (especially) UK have used us as a stalking horse--let the SU staff scout the talent, then swoop in at the end.
The recruiting philosophy is:

1. See who Syracuse is recruiting
2. Have someone approach Syracuse recruits with a bag
3. Take more than you need
4. Have guys transfer out

Since I'm in UoA country...I have to just point this out...How were they able to manage to scrap up two 4* players, a really good euro, a 5 star pg and 2 grad transfers in a matter of 2 months just based on playing time? When we usually have massive amounts of it and we couldn't do that at all...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom