Final Count on New Season Ticket Sales | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Final Count on New Season Ticket Sales

How Many New Season Tickets Added by Clemson Kickoff?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Actually I do, that article is the same as several others written about CFB attendance being down and of course Syracuse is not immune to the trend and wasn't back then either.

My point was that it is easier to grow a student ticket holding body of (guessing here) 2000 kids (30%=600 increase) than to grow a total fanbase of 30K (30%=9K).

Your posted article doesn't change that. Is there blame for both the locals and the students, sure. But it appears that based on the STH retention and the increase to date the locals are doing their part.
Exactly.

The problem with the old Hey chant was that it came about during the Jake/Buzz era, when the preferred method to dealing with things was to shut them down. I suspect if it happened today that JW would find a way to work with the students to introduce more appropriate language while keeping the spirit of the cheer alive.

I enjoyed it at the time because SU fans are soooooooo uniquely terrible about chants. But it was also really derivative, aside from the obscenity.

Hopefully our renewed football success will breed more chant and cheer creativity.

Buzz gave some speech in New Orleans before the 2003 title game addressing it - he practically said we the fans should say rock em, sock em, boolah boolah. Think he was loaded.

Generally not a fan of swear word chanting, however the chant directed towards Texas was epic.

guys -- just enjoy the ride and be optimistic for once. attendance is down across the Board and for once, we have the right coach, system and a potential top 25 year. I'm sure there's some board on pessimisticsyracuse.com where y'all can go to complain. Let the diehards (and Dino loyalists) enjoy this.

Sounds like all of our fans then. Did you know last year attendance increased by about 8% overall and student attendance increased by 30%+. You should be banging on the public instead.

8% of 30,000 is far greater than 30% of 3,000. The Lack of students at the game is the bigger issue.

8% of 30,000 is far greater than 30% of 3,000. The Lack of students at the game is the bigger issue.

I’m more impressed by percentages than I am by raw numbers. If you want to look at raw numbers then 650,000 > 15,000.

Are you in this pic? Mid 1st quarter just 2 years ago.

851999F9-A723-45AE-AEE8-C17B2A4E3C20.jpeg

Buzz gave some speech in New Orleans before the 2003 title game addressing it - he practically said we the fans should say rock em, sock em, boolah boolah. Think he was loaded.

Generally not a fan of swear word chanting, however the chant directed towards Texas was epic.
It was glorious. I was sitting across the aisle from some well heeled UT fans (football fans coming in for the big shooty-hoops event). They were all saying, "what are they saying about us?".

I told this 60+ year old UT fan across the aisle what they were saying and his big haired wife just gasped in melodramatic horror.

I’m more impressed by percentages than I am by raw numbers. If you want to look at raw numbers then 650,000 > 15,000.

View attachment 168036

Why, yes I was. Just like every other home game that year.

It was glorious. I was sitting across the aisle from some well heeled UT fans (football fans coming in for the big shooty-hoops event). They were all saying, "what are they saying about us?".

I told this 60+ year old UT fan across the aisle what they were saying and his big haired wife just gasped in melodramatic horror.

To be fair to Texas fans... in 1994 we played our 1st/2nd round NCAA Tourney games in Austin. I will always contend that one of the best "Syracuse" crowds I ever saw was the support we received from Texas fans when we played Arkansas. Enemy of my enemy and all.

Back to the original topic. Being conservative, if we have +9k and -2k for a net increase of 7k that would be approximately (estimating) and increase of about 25-33%. That would be phenomenal and I’m sure the best in P5. It was just 3 seasons ago we had the 2nd lowest attendance ever in the dome and had the “worst” decrease in P5 attendance at -20%. Thats amazing no matter what the final numbers are. Winning cures all ills, along with some hype.

What is this world coming to when the Phrase, "Hey you suck" is considered vulgar. People need to get thicker skin.
You think that's the phrase being referenced? You need to get a clue.

It was f@#k em up, f@#k em up, go SU. We're gonna beat the s@#t outta you. Just what I want my 6 year old taking part it.

The problem with the old Hey chant was that it came about during the Jake/Buzz era, when the preferred method to dealing with things was to shut them down. I suspect if it happened today that JW would find a way to work with the students to introduce more appropriate language while keeping the spirit of the cheer alive.

I enjoyed it at the time because SU fans are soooooooo uniquely terrible about chants. But it was also really derivative, aside from the obscenity.

Hopefully our renewed football success will breed more chant and cheer creativity.
They tried that. They put alternative wording up on the screen, but people didn't follow it. At some point when people don't take it upon themselves to be appriopriate, things get taken away.

I think i may have to take blame here guys. I think i mentioned as an aside i wish we could scatter the student seats differently and it started this mess. I will take my orange medicine and apologize

The university/AD should be thinking of creative chants, seances, dances, bead necklace toss, mosh pit of orange juice, selecting a random student to carry the flag or roll otto across the turf, anything that gets the students engaged and off their G D phone. Today's millenials have no idea that you can have social bonding and fun without electronic devices.

You think that's the phrase being referenced? You need to get a clue.

It was f@#k em up, f@#k em up, go SU. We're gonna beat the s@#t outta you. Just what I want my 6 year old taking part it.

Why in God’s green earth would you bring a 6 year old to a 4.5 hour long football game where half those attending are hammered. And you’re worried about some harmless cheer because a couple of dirty words. Good lord.

The university/AD should be thinking of creative chants, seances, dances, bead necklace toss, mosh pit of orange juice, selecting a random student to carry the flag or roll otto across the turf, anything that gets the students engaged and off their G D phone. Today's millenials have no idea that you can have social bonding and fun without electronic devices.
Haha we're singling out the students for checking their phone all game now too? None of the things you say are going to get students engaged...

Also, pretty sure the kids at SU right now are Gen Z, not millenials.

View attachment 168036
I am. Can't you see me? Oh, wait, I'm on the other side of the field. :p

Reactions: FAL