Final Count on New Season Ticket Sales | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Final Count on New Season Ticket Sales

How Many New Season Tickets Added by Clemson Kickoff?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
bnoro your source is good

I think 9999+ will be the winner in the poll. Amazing turnaround. The locals have responded. They are getting more folks willing to drive 60+ mins too.
Have heard the same and agree with the 10,000+ likelyhood. There’s a reason La Familia’s coming out now and each program owned social media account is starting to push out more hype videos. The hypes only building.

All I know is when I see a packed, ear splitting loud, well oiled Dome on 14Sep19, I know I will have an ear to ear :) ! This will be the first time this staff and these players will finally hear what the term Loud House really means. Go Orange!!!!!!!!!

Also wanted to add that I work in Chemung county and last year was the first time I’ve had coworkers want to talk to me about SU football. I think the tides are turning! I always thought that it would be great if covered wagons or some travel company had a bus option out of Elmira/Binghamton.

It is going to be surreal to walk into the Dome on September 14th and see almost 50K in there
You won't see it walking in because half the crowd won't be there till halfway through the 1st quarter ...and you won't see it walking out because half the crowd will leave beginning of the 4th.

I say all this with great disdain

I am taking my 10 yr old son to the game. He was there for 2017, but this is going to be on another level. He’s already counting the days!!! I am so excited to watch him experience what I did 30 yrs ago.
I feel the same way. I was hooked on SU in the late 80's as a kid. Went to a lot of games in the early 90's, and didn't miss any through the McNabb years. 40,000+ was just the way it was every game regardless of opponent. The crowds for NC State and Louisville last year began to vaguely resemble the crowds I remember in the 90's, but still nowhere near as raucous, and loud. I took my 8 year old nephew to Louisville, and he is now hooked. Sept. 14th should feel like the 98 Miami game. The newer fans will finally see what the Loud House is all about, and that is how a new generation of die hard Orange fans is going to be created.

You won't see it walking in because half the crowd won't be there till halfway through the 1st quarter ...and you won't see it walking out because half the crowd will leave beginning of the 4th.

I say all this with great disdain
All depends, SU knowing it’s a big crowd should make a concerted effort to get people to arrive early, and if the game is close , very few are leaving early.

Just bought 10 more season tix.

We're nearing 8k new and almost 30k in total season tix right now...

The Dome will be LOUD.

You just answered your own question. They act like buffalo is their cool bigger brother. It’s pathetic honestly.

And yes I hope they ship the bills away. What has that franchise ever done to cross promote Syracuse? Cuomo gives them a billion and we get a gondola.

The Buffalo Bills are good for upstate NY.

I don't understand the thought of wanting a major league franchise to leave the area.

Ugh.

I wish Syracuse would set aside like 3k tickets every game for military/first responders every game. They would make the money back in one game with concessions.

I drove home for every home game from Boston during the GROB years. Im the biggest idiot ever. Went to 6 away games as well. Glad those days are over.
Many of us share your pain of the GRob years. I thought we might have turned the corner after the Wyoming win...boy was I wrong.

I wish Syracuse would set aside like 3k tickets every game for military/first responders every game. They would make the money back in one game with concessions.
The concession part isn't true, and giving away 3k in tickets would potentially cannibalize current season tickets/flex plans/group tickets. Maybe for a game like Holy Cross it makes a little sense. But every game? It's not a good business model.

Show rate for free tickets is usually around 50-60%. Plus, for the Clemson game, and potentially down the stretch, it's likely that those tickets would be sold, so we'd be losing money.

Fact of the matter is, unless you're only interested in making the stadium look nice on TV, it's a better business model to let the seats go unsold.

The concession part isn't true, and giving away 3k in tickets would potentially cannibalize current season tickets/flex plans/group tickets. Maybe for a game like Holy Cross it makes a little sense. But every game? It's not a good business model.

Show rate for free tickets is usually around 50-60%. Plus, for the Clemson game, and potentially down the stretch, it's likely that those tickets would be sold, so we'd be losing money.

Fact of the matter is, unless you're only interested in making the stadium look nice on TV, it's a better business model to let the seats go unsold.
Give the student seats up. They don't show up to games. If you don't think concessions would bring in plenty of money you are crazy.

Give the student seats up. They don't show up to games. If you don't think concessions would bring in plenty of money you are crazy.
They will show in full force for Clemson. If we keep it close they won’t leave. If Clemson has a 3 score lead at half you can wave them
Goodbye. It’s sad but true with this generation ( I am apart of that demographic) kids have less attention spans and always have “something better to do” when the game is not going as planned in the first half. It’s sad but true. Only way to keep the students is to be winning or competitive. Even if we are winning by too much you can wave them goodbye unfortunately.

They will show in full force for Clemson. If we keep it close they won’t leave. If Clemson has a 3 score lead at half you can wave them
Goodbye. It’s sad but true with this generation ( I am apart of that demographic) kids have less attention spans and always have “something better to do” when the game is not going as planned in the first half. It’s sad but true. Only way to keep the students is to be winning or competitive. Even if we are winning by too much you can wave them goodbye unfortunately.
good riddance. Syracuse is essentially a pro team in my mind. I don't even count students in the fan base. Its all locals. I dont want to start a war over that though...so i digress.

good riddance. Syracuse is essentially a pro team in my mind. I don't even count students in the fan base. Its all locals. I dont want to start a war over that though...so i digress.
I would say of the student population that shows up 25% are actually hardcore fans. The rest are there for the event not because they truly care about the game unfortunately.

I literally work in ticket sales. People who like free things aren't spending crazy money at the concession stands.

Winner winner. If someone doesn’t want to spend money on a ticket to a game no wayyyyy said person is going to go down to the concession stand and buy overpriced food and drinks.

I get the concept and respect giving free tickets to military, which is why they do it for one game. But every game...no way

Itd be better for a group like this forum to pool donations to reserve substantial seating for kids/veterans/etc. we did something similar last year for the bowl game i think.