Final play of the game | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Final play of the game

I may be wrong here but it looks to me like there was a play set-up. Lydon was throwing it to Coleman who was just trying to tip it forward to White for the shot. I think they thought with the throw to Coleman that the defense would go straight for him and he could tip to White for an uncontested shot. That is what it looked like to me, was it a good play call if that was the case?
as with so much else on this year's team, it is the execution that is lacking. but it's easier for the board geniuses to lay it all on the HoF coach.

They should have just thrown it as close to half court as possible, taken a couple of dribbles and heaved one up, better odds than throwing an awful baseball pass.
Absolutely. Hit a guy breaking close to halfcourt from a screen. Two dribbles and jack a non contested 35 footer.

I may be wrong here but it looks to me like there was a play set-up. Lydon was throwing it to Coleman who was just trying to tip it forward to White for the shot. I think they thought with the throw to Coleman that the defense would go straight for him and he could tip to White for an uncontested shot. That is what it looked like to me, was it a good play call if that was the case?

If that was the play, why would they have DC, the kid who can't jump, being the tipper? That should've been Lydon or Roberson...

See e.g., Ennis, Tyler.
Maybe that was part of Lydon's confusion. I saw Frank and maybe another player on opposite sides near half court. Neither broke for the ball. They just stood and were easily covered. I thought wth get open! But the camera was crappy all night at weird angles so it was hard for me see.

They didn't look like they had any idea what to do...I would've thought Lydon should be on the receiving end of that pass.

I mean, it makes sense in that situation if you're throwing a 3/4 court baseball pass... get it to Lydon for the shot.

The problem is, he probably would have caught it, then pump faked, then passed the ball as the horn sounded (I'm mostly joking).

I have re-watched the final inbounds play about 10 times. Am I being crazy, or does it look like Lydon basically lobbed the ball down the court without a care in the world? To me, his body language looked like "I don't care... whatever..."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom