Final Recruiting Push | Syracusefan.com

Final Recruiting Push

mlbball99

2nd String
Other than Ward and Ishmael-is there any other players we are trying to do a last push for before signing day tomorrow? We want a top 50 class!

Ward and Ishmael will be Orange. Haven't heard any others besides Kayton Samuels.

Ward and Ishmael will be Orange. Haven't heard any others besides Kayton Samuels.

The more I think about it, the more excited I am about landing an OL prospect like Ward. What a coup at a huge position of need [kid originally committed to Michigan before changing his mind].

can't wait until these letters start coming in tomorrow! Let's lock this up and start talking about spring ball already!

Other than Ward and Ishmael-is there any other players we are trying to do a last push for before signing day tomorrow? We want a top 50 class!
I believe Ward, Ishmael and Samuels complete our 2014 recruiting class. If there are some NQ's or prep kids you may see a situation like Bromley, Perry, Avant or McGloster. But, other than that scenario, I don't see anything else happening. Then again, do we ever really know? :noidea:

The general thought is that Michigan cut ties with him because he was visiting Florida and Ohio State, although everybody spins it when the prospect breaks up with them.

Ward officially visited Purdue and committed to them at one point to. Oklahoma, Nebraska, UCLA, Vandy and Illinois have pursued him heavily over the past month or two. Early on he was a favorite to sign with Florida, being that he went Bradenton’s image Academy or whatever.

Kid appears to be a legit tackle prospect, I just think the big boys got tired of chasing him around, as his recruitment was wishy washy and all over the place.

I do have some minor reservations about him jumping schools so much – from Chicago to florida back to Chicago but IF the end result is Syracuse then that’s all I really care about.

Read this article from when he committed to Purdue

http://www.hammerandrails.com/2013/6/21/4452472/2014-purdue-football-recruiting-denzel-ward-commits

Was playing with the recruiting calc on 247 and those three push us into the top 50 - just ahead of BC.

Will wait for the ESPN ACC bloggers to announce how they've been mistaken, fawning all over Addazzio and BC. We beat them head to head and pulled in a comparable class. (I know, I know - I'll be waiting a long time).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom