Fine Mess NIL Collective: How You Can Help | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Fine Mess NIL Collective: How You Can Help

I'm sending in my pledge. I was travelling and I know someone emailed me or pm'd me. But was kind of distracted for the past couple of weeks. Will paypal or venmo to someone from the above list.
Consigliere is collecting all the pledges. If you need his info I believe it was in this thread earlier.

Mark,
Anyone on our committee know Weitsman? Maybe he might be willing to throw a little money towards our Fine Mess NIL. Just a thought, you never know if we ask.
I am a casual acquaintance of Adam. He owned the building that housed the office of a company I worked for years ago, before his legal issues. He spent a good amount of time in our office in Binghamton and attended many of our social events. Talked to him a bit in the Bahamas and reminisced fondly about those days.
That being said, I am not sure I would be comfortable reaching out for a contribution. Once we lock down a player and get closer to the season there will be plenty of coverage in the local, regional and possibly even national level. And I really like the grass roots nature of what we are doing. Pledges and payments have slowed to a trickle but it’s not inconceivable that we could hit the $10k level with a little more support and follow through on our pledges. I would like to see this concept grow organically through our efforts and other like groups to support a dozen players without a large corporate stamp on it.
Just my thinking.

Here is the latest on things…

Close to 80% of the money that has been pledged to date has been received. People on the board have been great and the response is beyond anything we were hoping for.

That said, it is not too late to get on board if you want to be a part of our little initiative to help recognize one of our football players and make them feel wanted and appreciated. Contact Consigliere if you have interest.

As mentioned before, we reached out to a significant number of players on the team to gauge interest. We are starting to get responses from players and I am happy to report we are getting strong interest.

TexanMark has reached out to some vendors about possible merchandise deals and we have started discussing possible guest athletes from other SU sports we might feature for each home game tailgate.

Hoping we can do something that references the sponsored athlete, SU and the Syracuse fan.com board, so board members have a way of identifying follow board members. It hs been a long time since cto did the hoops T-shirts for the 2003 NC team with the Big 12 champs reference. Could he T-shirt’s, could be hats, pins…or something else. We will kick around ideas for a while and pick the best one. Suggestions are welcomed.

Still planning to reach out to other tailgates to try and extend this concept so other football players can be sponsored and yes, we are looking at possibly doing things to help SU athletes in other sports as well.

I think this might be the most important thing we do collectively on this board.

War Damn Otto!

Last edited by a moderator:
All right sportfans we’re up toward $9250 in pledged $ (slightly less in actual received $ as there’s a couple pledges still out), This after some of us kicked in for a second round.

Not bad for a for first time effort of essentially a bunch of us rag tag organizers. But we can do better. So here’s the challenge, let’s get this thing up to $10,000. We’re so close, with the player(s) to be selected soon.

I told the chief organizer and bottle washer that I’ll kick in the final $250 if and when we get to $9750. Come on Cuse nation let’s finish this thing in style!! And of course LGFO!

All right sportfans we’re up toward $9250 in pledged $ (slightly less in actual received $ as there’s a couple pledges still out), This after some of us kicked in for a second round.

Not bad for a for first time effort of essentially a bunch of us rag tag organizers. But we can do better. So here’s the challenge, let’s get this thing up to $10,000. We’re so close, with the player(s) to be selected soon.

I told the chief organizer and bottle washer that I’ll kick in the final $250 if and when we get to $9750. Come on Cuse nation let’s finish this thing in style!! And of course LGFO!
ok, I am in for another $144 if we get to $9606

If Bees is matching I think I can find $44 bucks around somewhere. :cool:

We greatly thank you for your additional contribution. But you’re not a new donor so…..

:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom