Fine's Statement | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Fine's Statement

Was this part a little backhanded slap at ESPN?

"--------please keep in mind that credible media outlets were approached in the past to publicize these false allegations and declined to do so.
ABSOLUTELY... A FU...CK YU ESPNot journalists

Technically, ESPN doesn't claim to be a journalistic news network. They are Entertainment and Sports Programming Network.

I want to believe him bad. As long as no one else unrelated to the current crew comes forward he may be exonerated and not guilty. If someone else does come forward like God forbid a past player, then he did it and is done and should be strung up, (like dare if you will to the jv board and read what's on there and prepare to cringe).

A lot of sad comments here.
I'd like to see Bernie Fine shown to be innocent.
But I find this circle the wagons and damn the accusers stuff to be rather vile.
And it doesn't say much for SU fans.

One thing...I'm sure Bernie Fine's attorney is better than the imbecile Sandusky hired.
Of course Sandusky's lawyer, Joe Amendola, has an excuse for being awful.
He's a Georgetown Law grad.

I'm not sure this is the case. Does anyone here still consider the Duke lax players as rapists?
Maybe not on this board of 1500 strong, but there are still people who think that. Whats your point?

Can someone clear something up for me? I swore this news was out there at some point. I feel like I remember hearing Bernie was accused of something years ago.

Can someone clear something up for me? I swore this news was out there at some point. I feel like I remember hearing Bernie was accused of something years ago.

The same accuser went to Syracuse Police in 2002, but they told him that the statute of limitations was up. The accuser informed SU in 2005, and after investigations by SU, the Post Standard, and ESPN, there was no corroborating evidence that anything of substance occurred. Now, his step-brother came forward a week or so after the Penn State incident and claims he too was molested. Not sure that's the more credible corroborating story ever, but...

The same accuser went to Syracuse Police in 2002, but they told him that the statute of limitations was up. The accuser informed SU in 2005, and after investigations by SU, the Post Standard, and ESPN, there was no corroborating evidence that anything of substance occurred. Now, his step-brother came forward a week or so after the Penn State incident and claims he too was molested. Not sure that's the more credible corroborating story ever, but...

Know all that, but aren't they saying it wasn't known to the public?

Know all that, but aren't they saying it wasn't known to the public?

As far as I'm aware, it wasn't out there. Granted, I didn't really become in tune with Syracuse University or SU sports until 2007. Based on everything I've read, it doesn't seem like there was much that could (or at least should) have been publicly stated the first time around.

So that neither they nor others repeat such actions.

Do you really think that is going to stop desperate, down-and-out individuals from attempting to blackmail public figures? Has it stopped them in the past? The university gains nothing by engaging with the accusers. It won't restore Bernie's good name and it won't discourage future attempts by other nuts. It is a bad situation but thems the breaks.

Unfortunately, Bernie won't ever be able to fully regain his reputation if he is innocent. Too many ignorant people out there. Such a lousy way to lose your reputation. Accusations like this are horrendous.

Agreed. I work with people like this. As soon as I walked into the door at work yesterday they said "uh ohhh why is your boy hanging out with Sandusky?" When asked what they knew of the story, they said ESPN said hes raping little boys. First off, ESPN didnt say that, second off, the majority of the country is ignorant and stupid ready to believe anything the media feeds them, whether its gossip or politics but I wont get into that. However, I am suprised at the pushback by the ESPN viewership on this story, seems most people who are paying attention are calling BS.

It wouldn't be the university, it would be the DA.

I was assuming the University would go after the accuser for civil damages. The DA can't do anything if the statute of limitations has expired. Right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom