First play of the Game | Syracusefan.com

First play of the Game

CUSU

Starter
What do you think the first offensive and defensive play of the game will be.

Ill start.

Offensive: I believe we line up in the pistol formation. Allen or hunt fakes to the fb adjacent to him on the right side. Jerome receives the handoff on a counter and follows hickey for a 10 yard gain.

Defensive: We come out in a 4-3 with both Davis and Lynch showing blitz from the outside. Press coverage from the corners. Safeties in cover 2. At the snap Davis rushes and while lynch falls back. Bromley stuff the Rb on a dive a Play.

Defense. Penny state run 3 yards spruill and bromley with the tackle.

Offense -- Punt! Let's turn this into a field position game from the get-go.

Defense -- Punt block. Because it worked on Super Tecmo Bowl.

Slot action to Estime or Wide reciever screen to Estime/Broyld.

Offense - line up in victory formation to start things off
Defense - line up in goal line formation and go for the center's knees

[quote="Defense - line up in goal line formation and go for the center's knees[/quote]

When did we become Rutgers?

Cuse receives the opening kickoff, its a reverse that goes for a TD!
Cuse wins 38-21 :D

Whatever the play is... It's a Syracuse fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirst down!

Beer here!

Ill start.

Offensive: I believe we line up in the pistol formation. Allen or hunt fakes to the fb adjacent to him on the right side. Jerome receives the handoff on a counter and follows hickey for a 10 yard gain.

Defensive: We come out in a 4-3 with both Davis and Lynch showing blitz from the outside. Press coverage from the corners. Safeties in cover 2. At the snap Davis rushes and while lynch falls back. Bromley stuff the Rb on a dive a Play.

I've been thinking that we'll fake a run to the left (won't they be expecting us to run left?) and hit the TE down the middle. Didn't we do something like that last year on the first play.

Freeze action 80 yard bomb to Rob Moore....oh wait

Imagine if he did catch it on the sidelines?

I'm torn between a run behind Hickey by Smith or a quick throw to West or AB to get the new qb a little flow from the get go.

Whatever the play is... It's a Syracuse fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirst down!

Beer here!

Dah * dah * dah * dah * dah ... dah * dah * dah * daaaaaaah! (insert drums here)

Ill start.

Afake to Jerome and a down field pass to West or Fleming to break the ice and tension of the new QB. Defense a a blitz following Bromley or Jordan into the backfield.Davis being the backer of choice.

I think it's an inside handoff to Jerome for 5yds.

What do I want to see on the first play?

New uni's look spectacular - as the all orange metallic helmets shine in light (finally) on the Penn State program. Much to everyone's surprise Jerome trots out of the huddle wearing #44. Takes a handoff, flattens two linebackers on his way for a 70yd scamper. As he celebrates with his teammates, he looks into the cameras and mouths the words "linebacker U?" ... ESPN/ABC ribbon on the bottom of the screen says: "Upset Alert: Syracuse brings back #44. Scores on 1st carry."

I need to clean up my beer from the floor and calm my wife who thinks I've had some sort of heart attack.

Flea flicker with a hook and lateral.

After that, every play trickier than the one before it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom