First round NCAA opponent | Syracusefan.com

First round NCAA opponent

Marsh01

Living Legend
I have been compiling some pretty good scouting reports/analysis of a handful of teams we could be facing in the first round of the NCAA's this year. Teams like UNC Ashville. LIU Brooklyn, Mississippi Valley State, Stonybrook, UT Arlingtion, Savannah State, Wagner, Bucknell. Teams of that nature. These are the favorites to win their conference tournaments so if someone pulls a rabbit out of the hat and wins the tourney stealing a bid from a top seeded team I will have to do more research.

I know the 1/16 game is a lock and not a sexy matchup but it will be something that can be talked about for the first couple of days of the tournament. As the conference tourneys of these conferences finish and the possibilities are down to 2-3 possible teams I will post the team scouting reports. God knows I have watched a lot of sh1tty basketball this year and have a pretty good handle on most of hte teams listed above.

In 2010 stonybrook was a popular opponent of ours in the 1st round in alot of bracketologists, they lost their conference tourny so obviously they didnt make it. Ive seen stonybrook as our opponent again in a couple of them, i bet we get them if they make it, 2 new york teams to give a sure-fire blowout a little juice.

Dark horse Women's team to win the whole thing? ready, go.

In 2010 stonybrook was a popular opponent of ours in the 1st round in alot of bracketologists, they lost their conference tourny so obviously they didnt make it. Ive seen stonybrook as our opponent again in a couple of them, i bet we get them if they make it, 2 new york teams to give a sure-fire blowout a little juice.
also I've seen LIU.

My fathers college roomate and one of his best friends is the team eye doctor for Stonybrook and sits right next to the bench so I have seen him in many games this season. He is already calling my father and busting his balls about possibly playing us in the first round. We would absolutely destroy them FYI.

Our first round opponent will probably be the America East or Northeast Conference champion. The committee tends to send the real low seeded teams to the pod closest to where they are playing basically to save them expenses. So it will probably be one of the following Long Island Brooklyn, Stoney Brook, Vermont, or Wagner.

If a women's basketball game is played, and no one cares, is it really played?
Now this can be used to replace the bear crapping in the woods one?

I have been compiling some pretty good scouting reports/analysis of a handful of teams we could be facing in the first round of the NCAA's this year. Teams like UNC Ashville. LIU Brooklyn, Mississippi Valley State, Stonybrook, UT Arlingtion, Savannah State, Wagner, Bucknell. Teams of that nature. These are the favorites to win their conference tournaments so if someone pulls a rabbit out of the hat and wins the tourney stealing a bid from a top seeded team I will have to do more research.

I know the 1/16 game is a lock and not a sexy matchup but it will be something that can be talked about for the first couple of days of the tournament. As the conference tourneys of these conferences finish and the possibilities are down to 2-3 possible teams I will post the team scouting reports. God knows I have watched a lot of sh1tty basketball this year and have a pretty good handle on most of hte teams listed above.
If we end up playing Savannah St. you could get your Georgetown hate on as Horace Broadnax is their coach.

Our first round opponent will probably be the America East or Northeast Conference champion. The committee tends to send the real low seeded teams to the pod closest to where they are playing basically to save them expenses. So it will probably be one of the following Long Island Brooklyn, Stoney Brook, Vermont, or Wagner.

Did someone actually say VERMONT??! I smell sewergas.-VBOF

Syracuse doesn't play in the first round;)

My fathers college roomate and one of his best friends is the team eye doctor for Stonybrook and sits right next to the bench so I have seen him in many games this season. He is already calling my father and busting his balls about possibly playing us in the first round. We would absolutely destroy them FYI.

Stonybrook.

All I know is that I don't want to see any of those teams come tourney time, especially if they play a slow-down game. Oh, and especially Stonybrook, the scare the crap out of me.

We probably will get a team like Holy Cross, or something similar where they are a 3-4 seed in a bottom 3 or 4 conference and pull the upset in the conference tourney.

Trying to figure out which team we beat by 30 in the opening round is impossible and not as terrifying as the 8-9 game

We probably will get a team like Holy Cross, or something similar where they are a 3-4 seed in a bottom 3 or 4 conference and pull the upset in the conference tourney.

Trying to figure out which team we beat by 30 in the opening round is impossible and not as terrifying as the 8-9 game

The 2 most terrifying games to me (as the 1 seed) are the second round game and the sweet 16 game. The first round game is pretty much a breeze. The second round game is major nervewracking (Sitting in the arena in Buffalo watching us hammer Gonzaga was a true relief). Then the sweet 16 game is next. Total panic mode. Especially for those of us actually making the trip to Boston. Would be nice to actually have that Friday to enjoy he city and to look forward to the regional final the next day as opposed to trying to sell the tix and hitting the road.

To me once you get past the Sweet 16 the tournament basically resets itself and based on the matchup you have you just hope they can advance. I was more nervous for auburn and Okie St in 2003 than I was for Oklahoma. At least you made it to the Elite 8 at that point and anything past that is just sweet.

Stonybrook = good replacement for Rutgers on future basketball and football schedules.

Stonybrook = good replacement for Rutgers on future basketball and football schedules.

I agree Tom. Would be a nice replacement for both sports.

Stonybrook is on par with Rutgers. Pretty much carbon copies.

All I know is that I don't want to see any of those teams come tourney time, especially if they play a slow-down game. Oh, and especially Stonybrook, the scare the crap out of me.
Mississippi Valley St and UNC-Ashville scare the crap out of you as well?

Am I correct in my understanding that there are 2 "16 seed play-in games" in the "first four"? So, we most likely will be playing one of the lowest-seeded conference champions because they will most likely beat any upset city usurpers. Granted, that there are no more than two upset conference champs. Did that make any sense?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom