Florida AP All-State Teams accounced | Syracusefan.com

Florida AP All-State Teams accounced

PhatOrange

Living Legend
http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/01/06/3854981/florida-all-state-football-teams.html

Florida All-State Football Teams

Class 8A

First Team Offense

WR – Steve Ishmael, 6-2 180, SR.; North Miami Beach

Honorable Mention

QB Alin Edouard, 6-2 190, Sr.; Hialeah

Class 6A

Second Team Defense

DB — Cordell Hudson, 5-10 170, Sr.; Largo

Other Notables

Class 7A

Third Team Defense

UT — Derrick Tindal, 5-11 175, Sr.; Lauderdale Lakes Boyd Anderson

Class 7A

Honorable Mention

DB Mike Johnson, 6-2 180, Sr.; Clearwater Countryside

Class 6A

Third Team Defense

DL — Carlin Clark, 6-2 210, Sr.; Miami Central

Class 5A

First Team Defense

DB — Juwan Dowels, 5-9 155, Sr.; Plantation American Heritage

Second Team Offense

OL — Kadeem Smith, 6-3 285, Sr.; Fort Lauderdale Cardinal Gibbons

nice, have to imagine ishmael would be at least 4 stars if he committed to a "bigger" name.

How does it work in Florida...the larger the number i.e 8, 7, 6 etc, the larger the school?

Btw, thanks for the update Phat.

nice, have to imagine ishmael would be at least 4 stars if he committed to a "bigger" name.
that is why you really shouldn't worry about the star ratings that much. They seem to benefit us more than the other schools.

rutgirls and shady would either give offers to all 4 and 5 star kids right out the gate or offer players right after Syracuse did.

How does it work in Florida...the larger the number i.e 8, 7, 6 etc, the larger the school?

the higher the # the bigger the school

Yes that's correct 8A is largest.

No doubt about it. It's embarrassing really that he's not a 4 star kid.

when i read the reviews on him they say he is a nice route runner but not fast enough to be a play maker.

of course they had Estime as only able to play nickel DB at the next level

No doubt about it. It's embarrassing really that he's not a 4 star kid.
It's because he didn't pay money to attend their 7 on 7 camps and doesn't really talk to their reporters that much and doesn't brag about the offers he's received. If you're all about self promotion and pay money to their camps you are rewarded.

It's because he didn't pay money to attend their 7 on 7 camps and doesn't really talk to their reporters that much and doesn't brag about the offers he's received. If you're all about self promotion and pay money to their camps you are rewarded.

i like this kid more and more...

homer-simpson-drooling-a.jpg

I like how he just gets the touchdown, drops the ball and then jogs to his teammates.

it's supposed to be in the low 40's the 3 days prior to when the florida guys that show up, then drop into the 30's friday and 20's after that.

Can't see him being a huge YAC guy but he has excellent hands and might be starting from day 1. (based on that one highlight vid, nothing else)

about 95% of the the throws and catches are inside of the redzone so it's really hard to determine his speed and see what he can do in the open field.

Clips 3, 4 and 7 I think show his speed somewhat, which to me appears to very fluid - he glides.

I don't know anything about looking at these recruiting videos. But I will say that one looks more like a game of catch between him and his QB than just about any other of these videos I have seen.

Can't see him being a huge YAC guy but he has excellent hands and might be starting from day 1. (based on that one highlight vid, nothing else)
In this video he looks like a cross between Lemon and Sales with better speed. Runs great routes and isn't afraid to catch passes over the middle.

You know who he reminds me of and the same things were said about coming out of Miami. Reggie Wayne.

I don't know anything about looking at these recruiting videos. But I will say that one looks more like a game of catch between him and his QB than just about any other of these videos I have seen.

check out how open the wr is in the flat at 2:19 mark and the qb is just keyed on ishmael.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom