Football board is a delusional... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Football board is a delusional...

If this isn't the definition of the pot calling the kettle black then I dont know what is. You might want to go back to last March and read a few posts after SU got hammered at Gtown in the season finale.

well, football fans tend to be of the low sloping forehead variety to begin with. on top of that, all indications are that continued viewing seems to result in long term cognitive decline. Repetitive Viewing Syndrome is worse that Repetitive Concussion Syndrome.

The funny thing is we know nothing about the football team 6 games in. We lost 3 games to ranked teams(some close) and beat 3 bad teams. I don't think they are a well oiled machine but the hope is there.

I think we know enough to know we're not any good. It took some big breaks and Robinson being out a half to be in the PSU game; and they aren't one of the best 25 teams.

I always here people putting down the NBA as a product but when you look at the ratings, attendance and retail sales it has surpassed MLB as the clear second to the NFL.

So? I'm with Houston on 'NFL > NCAAF, NBA < NCAAB'.
Not bragging about that being the majority view or anything.

The NBA is obviously a higher quality game and I don't pretend otherwise. I think I just hate that there is so little variance.
For as much as people complain about the best team not winning the tournament, the NBA is a much bigger outlier among all the sports in the best team pretty much always winning. I mean you can play both of these Baseball Championship Series' ten times over and I doubt anyone wins more than six times. Same with the NFL & NHL playoffs every year. It's hard for me to enjoy a Knicks-Pacers 2nd round series when I know they both have a 0.00% chance of beating the Heat.

If this isn't the definition of the pot calling the kettle black then I dont know what is. You might want to go back to last March and read a few posts after SU got hammered at Gtown in the season finale.
Wait, who are you responding to J ?

We should be competing against others not ourselves.
thumbs13.jpg

This whole sentence is confusing. A win is a win, especially a 2 TD win. Who cares if it's ugly? We had 362 yeards rushing on 40 carries. Pretty damn good. Plus, our D was bringing it in the 2nd half and straight up smacking people.

I just don't think there is a need to be negative after a win. That's all.

I'll say the same thing on both boards after those types of games. Conference road wins are gold, Jerry! Gold!

That's gold, Jerry! Gold! - YouTube

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom