Football Renewal Email | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Football Renewal Email

Depends on who they hire and when we play them. The others are all outside the Top 60. A casual fan won’t get excited over that. And those are not names to a casual fan.

I think our definitions of "casual fan" and "name program" are a lot different.

No, they’re canceling season tickets because we’re in our mid 20’s and have only witnessed a couple worthwhile seasons in our lifetimes.

i’ll renew but I absolutely don’t blame them.
That’s funny. I’m WAY older than you, and every season has been “worthwhile.” I guess my standards are different.

TB, you picked these friends?
I did, mind you we’re a bit younger and have only witnessed the past 20 wonderful years of cuse football. On top of that, they’re jets and bills fans

That’s funny. I’m WAY older than you, and every season has been “worthwhile.” I guess my standards are different.

the 80’s and 90’s must’ve been fun. I caught the tale end of the coach P years and it’s been just A blast ever since.

I did, mind you we’re a bit younger and have only witnessed the past 20 wonderful years of cuse football. On top of that, they’re jets and bills fans
Haha. I hear ya. Tough year.

i guess the question is then are people a fan of Su, a fan of football, or just a fan of rooting for a winning team.

i guess the question is then are people a fan of Su, a fan of football, or just a fan of rooting for a winning team.
A large amount of people would rather spend the day outside or stay at the tailgate/bar, rather than watch a double digit home loss at the dome. people still see us for the sub .500 program we were under Gerg and HCSS, and currently are. One 10 win season gives a chance to write a new script, not rewrite the old one.

I’d rather be at the dome, but I’m one person.

The alumni are geographically disconnected from the university so many of the football season ticket holders are townies and those coming for the entertainment value. Not a good recipe when the team is bad.

I know but there are a ton of the same people who have rooted thru alot of bad yrs with yankees/mets/giants/jets/knicks/sabres but want to jump off the SU train pretty fast.

if you like SU why bail.
if you like fball even in losing been a bunch of really fun games to be at
if you only like winning and tailgating then maybe pick a new sport or team, if blue blood teams like Alabama/nebraska/etc can go thru a long period of down times its not surprising a school like SU will

The alumni are geographically disconnected from the university so many of the football season ticket holders are townies and those coming for the entertainment value. Not a good recipe when the team is bad.
I dont see why being entertained only happens if they win.

I know but there are a ton of the same people who have rooted thru alot of bad yrs with yankees/mets/giants/jets/knicks/sabres but want to jump off the SU train pretty fast.

if you like SU why bail.
if you only like winning and tailgating then maybe pick a new sport or team, if blue blood teams like Alabama/nebraska/etc can go thru a long period of down times its not surprising a school like SU will

there’s a difference between being a fan and a season ticket holder. There’s die hards on here who enjoy watching on a tv/at a bar rather than purchasing season tickets.

season tickets increase when you have a good product, and decrease when its a bad product.

not everyone who doesn’t renew is a bad fan, these things cost money and time.

No, they’re canceling season tickets because we’re in our mid 20’s and have only witnessed a couple worthwhile seasons in our lifetimes.

i’ll renew but I absolutely don’t blame them.
I don’t buy that excuse. Maybe cause I live in Florida but I’m 20 and only started following closely Shafer’s First year and beyond and I would die for the oppuntunity to go to 6 games every year

That’s just dumb. No offense to you personally. But if people are canceling season tix because of this season they don’t understand sports.

I think maybe you don’t understand sports. Except the diehards this is how it works.

I don’t buy that excuse. Maybe cause I live in Florida but I’m 20 and only started following closely Shafer’s First year and beyond and I would die for the oppuntunity to go to 6 games every year
Not everyone’s a diehard fan. Season Ticket sales get boosted by casuals. You keep casuals by winning and hopefully they become diehards.

if you like SU why bail.

If SU had a waiting list for season tickets or a strong resale market for tickets I could understand wanting to keep your tickets through thick and thin. There isn’t though and if I drop my seasons next year I know that I can easily pick them back up in the future no risk. I don’t think the people who opt in or out based on how good the team is are the irrational ones here.

Where this with a badge of pride, but you're unusual.

I mean that’s easy to say when you go to one game a year or watch from the couch. When you actually have to plan your entire weekend around the SU schedule for 3 months, spend thousands for tickets/hotels/food and then they sheit the bed every game it kinda grates on you.

I dont see why being entertained only happens if they win.

I agree, but being entertained requires us to be at least competitive.

There were a long string of soul-crushing beat downs. Just a few years ago we went winless at home, if I recall correctly.
Even great tailgating can't make up for uncompetitive games.

Only six home games? That sounds like we still need a game. Is that possible?
Or is it because of Dome construction?
Done construction. 7 home games in 2021, 2022 and 2023 assuming there will be a home FCS game

No one should be surprised by some season ticket holder attrition after this season. That will likely mostly come from the newer batch of ticket holders who were brought in this past season. There will be some additional work needing to be done by Wildhack and Dino to lure them back. The fans did their part this year. If the AD and Dino course correct and market the forthcoming upgrades well those fans should return.

I post on a friggin Syracuse Football Messageboard in my spare time and haven’t watched a full game in weeks. I turned off BC in the second quarter. I may or may not watch us play Duke.

If I’m this apathetic, imagine those who don’t post on a Syracuse Football Messageboard in their spare time.

This season was about as epic of a disaster as one could script.

I hope for the sake of he program locals aren’t as disgusted as I am.