Football Renewal Email | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Football Renewal Email

That’s probably unavoidable at this point. The UConn/Rutgers game would be September 12. Clemson would be the week prior.
were playing rutgers on the 12th. we would play at uconn on the 5th, uconn would play at wmu on the 26th in our place in exchange for at least a 2-1 id hope

were playing rutgers on the 12th. we would play at uconn on the 5th, uconn would play at wmu on the 26th in our place in exchange for at least a 2-1 id hope

Ah, hadn’t heard that scenario. Thanks.

I know but there are a ton of the same people who have rooted thru alot of bad yrs with yankees/mets/giants/jets/knicks/sabres but want to jump off the SU train pretty fast.

if you like SU why bail.
if you like fball even in losing been a bunch of really fun games to be at
if you only like winning and tailgating then maybe pick a new sport or team, if blue blood teams like Alabama/nebraska/etc can go thru a long period of down times its not surprising a school like SU will

RE: Pro Sports it's easier to stay interested with a team on a year to year basis in the era of Free Agency. Teams can rebuild quickly if they have good management, and if not then they can just overpay/trade for a superstar to help sell tickets. The Bills have been crappy for as long as SU has but they've tried to bring in players like TO, Mario Williams, etc. to try to get better and sell tickets.

It's tougher to rebuild in college unless you're a factory school

Hopefully the AD is able to retain a small portion of the new ticket holders from this season. Getting better OL and DL play next year will easily get the team back to bowl status, then the staff can aim for 2021 as another big season.

i think i heard from consigliere, as it surprised me too as i though seating was in the later phase
Nothing in the 2020 or 22 plan as publicly released at this point. Certainly on the wish list for future enhancements but there are scenarios that would make that a nearer term future than some may assume.

Ah, hadn’t heard that scenario. Thanks.
My guess is that we are interested in the UConn/WMU switch specifically to avoid opening the season on the road against Clemson. It will be important to open the season with a few wins, to get momentum going. If it also buys us an extra home game or two, it makes a lot of sense to do.

We first got our season tickets in 92 and to be honest I'm not sure I want to renew. Not because of the product on the field but simply because all the money that is tied to football is starting to bother me more and more each year. Add to that the gambling that is now allowed, pretty much full scale now, takes away the fun of the contest for me. Not that football was always "innocent" but this just basically tells us what it is about...money.

It's a date day/night for me and my bride but I am honestly just pondering if I want to do this again and to be honest I'd rather have 6 home games and not 7. And that said, what teams/schools come to the dome doesn't matter to me that much because it was always for the experience of being there and winning is the cherry on the cake and yes, makes it a lot more fun. When a weak team comes and SU crushes them, I enjoy it because we get to see the players that practice hard all weak get a chance to play.

I live relatively close to the campus compared to others and am impressed for those who drive hours to be there.

Some UConn fans have heard this as well. It will be interesting to see if we do them a solid here, and if so, what we get in return. A 2 for 1?

What you're likely to get in return from UConn is a BB in the eye, your laptop stolen and your credit card skimmed ;)