Football Renewal Email | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Football Renewal Email

No one should be surprised by some season ticket holder attrition after this season. That will likely mostly come from the newer batch of ticket holders who were brought in this past season. There will be some additional work needing to be done by Wildhack and Dino to lure them back. The fans did their part this year. If the AD and Dino course correct and market the forthcoming upgrades well those fans should return.

Yup, barring some miracle 3 game run hear to end the season, ticket sales for seasons are definitely going to drop and probably drop by a big margin. That is simply how it goes when there is a lot of hype and buildup and things come crashing down to earth. SU isn't the first school it happened to and it sure as hell won't be the last.

I post on a friggin Syracuse Football Messageboard in my spare time and haven’t watched a full game in weeks. I turned off BC in the second quarter. I may or may not watch us play Duke.

If I’m this apathetic, imagine those who don’t post on a Syracuse Football Messageboard in their spare time.

This season was about as epic of a disaster as one could script.

I hope for the sake of he program locals aren’t as disgusted as I am.

Trust me its that bad locally. The casuals and non SU fans who were following the program at the start of the year have become so apathetic they have stopped texting me post game to rag on how bad we look. Going to be a rough summer for the SU ticket office.

Trust me its that bad locally. The casuals and non SU fans who were following the program at the start of the year have become so apathetic they have stopped texting me post game to rag on how bad we look. Going to be a rough summer for the SU ticket office.
Those good folks will never enjoy sports. They will only enjoy winning.

im assuming since it wasn't mentioned that there not doing individual seating in lower bowl next year or they couldnt do renewals unless specific lower bowl ticket holders are notified.

that’s a ways off. Not sure why I’ve seen a few people mention it being done anytime soon. None of Sala’s pressers mentions it in phase 1.

Some UConn fans have heard this as well. It will be interesting to see if we do them a solid here, and if so, what we get in return. A 2 for 1?

should be a 3-1 or screw UConn. We do not need them. There’s a 100 UConn’s.

Need 6 wins or an exciting coordinator hire. Staring down about 90% of my group not renewing.

don’t know about your group, but a lot of people bought seasons for the Clemson game.

don’t know about your group, but a lot of people bought seasons for the Clemson game.
We have a healthy distaste for Pitt as well.

There are 3 groups of fans. Diehards, casual, and front runners. Diehards will buy seasons no matter what. Casuals are the walk up crowd who go to a couple games a year or if they buy seasons it’s because of a huge game like Clemson. Front runners will buy seasons or go to lost games only if we are winning like last year.

Stay tuned...

unless it’s done with the roof, sound, score board etc, it’s not in the near term imo. I consider those things as part of phase 1.

Got the email this morning. I won't be renewing. I'll come up for Florida State just to see them, but I have no interest in buying season tickets again. I'll make a bigger donation to the program in lieu of what I'm not renewing.

my rep said nothing has been officially decided on individual seats, and as far as he knew it will bench seating at least thru next year

that’s a ways off. Not sure why I’ve seen a few people mention it being done anytime soon. None of Sala’s pressers mentions it in phase 1.
i think i heard from consigliere, as it surprised me too as i though seating was in the later phase

i can see people who bought extra seats this year and had a hard time getting them used for this year besides clemson getting rid of some of those too

No, they’re canceling season tickets because we’re in our mid 20’s and have only witnessed a couple worthwhile seasons in our lifetimes.

i’ll renew but I absolutely don’t blame them.

Yeah, but anyone who bought seasons after last year and is now canceling really isn’t a fan. So no loss.

i guess the question is then are people a fan of Su, a fan of football, or just a fan of rooting for a winning team.
Well if you think what we did this year is football, you should be a happy camper.

thats thousands of people. Buts in the seats impacts program health, funding and recruiting. Big loss

Nah dude screw em. Dino and the team would rather play in front of 12,000 crusty old farts that don’t care if they win or lose than play in front of a full Dome.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

thats thousands of people. Buts in the seats impacts program health, funding and recruiting. Big loss

Yup, but myself and many others I know won’t be at fault for the falloff in attendance, the program’s health, funding and recruiting. I’ve been a fan for 50 years and have been going to games regularly since the 80s. For me, that’s a 9 hour round trip , plus hotels and other expenses. So when the team fails, I won’t just blame the coaches and players, I’ll blame the fans who decided not to show up.

Nah dude screw em. Dino and the team would rather play in front of 12,000 crusty old farts that don’t care if they win or lose than play in front of a full Dome.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yea, that’s it. But I do agree 12,000 is probably the number of real die hard fans.

should be a 3-1 or screw UConn. We do not need them. There’s a 100 UConn’s.

unfortunately we do if we want to avoid having to play Clemson as the first game on the road

unfortunately we do if we want to avoid having to play Clemson as the first game on the road

That’s probably unavoidable at this point. The UConn/Rutgers game would be September 12. Clemson would be the week prior.