football testing results | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

football testing results

Some SU fans really think our players are as strong as, or stronger than, NFL guys.

I would think that every single Div. 1 team has guys that are as strong/stronger than the average NFL player. Does that mean that translates to the football field? Absolutely not. There was a D lineman that played in the early 2000's that benched over 600 pounds, I don't think he even sniffed the NFL. Gachelin? something like that.

I would think that every single Div. 1 team has guys that are as strong/stronger than the average NFL player. Does that mean that translates to the football field? Absolutely not. There was a D lineman that played in the early 2000's that benched over 600 pounds, I don't think he even sniffed the NFL. Gachelin? something like that.
He was strong and so was Romeo...

Hey, I hope you're right. I'd be absolutely amazed if he puts up even 35 at the NFL combine (should he be invited).

Why? Didn't R. Bart do quite a few reps at the combine a couple years back? Its not unheard of for a Cuse player to do well at the combine.

Totally missing the point wfschrec and putting words in my mouth that I have never uttered.

I'm not saying that Syracuse players cannot or do not do well at the combine. But I will tell you that it is highly unlikely that Goggins will break the all-time bench press record of 44 by 5 additional reps. By putting up 35 reps he will cement a place in the NFL draft (this assumes he is invited to the combine in the first place which means that he had a good to very good season). And trust me, 35 reps will be HUGE for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom