football testing results | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

football testing results

Some SU fans really think our players are as strong as, or stronger than, NFL guys.

I would think that every single Div. 1 team has guys that are as strong/stronger than the average NFL player. Does that mean that translates to the football field? Absolutely not. There was a D lineman that played in the early 2000's that benched over 600 pounds, I don't think he even sniffed the NFL. Gachelin? something like that.

I would think that every single Div. 1 team has guys that are as strong/stronger than the average NFL player. Does that mean that translates to the football field? Absolutely not. There was a D lineman that played in the early 2000's that benched over 600 pounds, I don't think he even sniffed the NFL. Gachelin? something like that.
He was strong and so was Romeo...

Hey, I hope you're right. I'd be absolutely amazed if he puts up even 35 at the NFL combine (should he be invited).

Why? Didn't R. Bart do quite a few reps at the combine a couple years back? Its not unheard of for a Cuse player to do well at the combine.

Totally missing the point wfschrec and putting words in my mouth that I have never uttered.

I'm not saying that Syracuse players cannot or do not do well at the combine. But I will tell you that it is highly unlikely that Goggins will break the all-time bench press record of 44 by 5 additional reps. By putting up 35 reps he will cement a place in the NFL draft (this assumes he is invited to the combine in the first place which means that he had a good to very good season). And trust me, 35 reps will be HUGE for him.