football testing results | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

football testing results

Agreed. And for being a pretty lanky guy, 385 on the bench is REALLY impressive. Fast and strong is a good combo for a 6-3 wideout.
almost doubling your body weight is very impressive with no juice.

If you can't read them, I posted the leaders on Nunes:

"Strength" Players:
Bench Max: Hickey - 525
Bench Reps: Goggins - 49
Clean Max: Macky - 347
Squat Max: Macky - 615
Vertical Jump: Goggins - 33.5"
40: Brewster - 4.6
"Semi" Players:
Bench Max: Spruill - 475
Bench Reps: Lynch - 36
Clean Max: Spruill - 358
Squat Max: Coker - 620
Vert: Spruill - 37"
40: Dyshawn Davis - 4.56
"Skill" Players:
Bench Max: Shamarko - 475
Bench Reps: Shamarko - 35
Clean: Shamarko - 358
Squat: Smith - 605
Vert: Shamarko - 39"
40: Anderson - 4.42

I was wondering about that. Deon did 49 reps?! Am I reading that right? That's insane.

And really impressed with the bench numbers for both Rene and West.

Deon did 49 reps, 10 more than anyone else, but didn't show up on the most weight? I'm guessing they made him max about 15 seconds after finishing #49.

Lynch's numbers are phenominal as well. 1 or 2 across the board in every category besides 40 time. Very excited to see him with a full season under his belt.

I'm f'g excited for season to start. 3 weeks will be an eternity.

Deon did 49 reps, 10 more than anyone else, but didn't show up on the most weight? I'm guessing they made him max about 15 seconds after finishing #49.
They didn't have enough weights in there for him so he didn't even bother ;)

On a more serious note I imagine it was something where he may have had some kind of injury/strain in the past where they didn't want him anywhere near his 1 rep max for fear that might re-aggravate

Shamarko most def didn't run because his post winter time was like sub 4.3 as was the one on the board from last year during the Freeney workout video

fastest 40's seem a tad slow.

impressed mackey is the biggest squatter.

shockingly, shamarko is by far the strongest skill player. BY FAR. he is pretty much a linebacker.

Key is to check the gametime media guide against these numbers. It will tell you how much teams fudge to make an impression.

If you can't read them, I posted the leaders on Nunes:

"Strength" Players:

Bench Max: Hickey - 525
Bench Reps: Goggins - 49
Clean Max: Macky - 347
Squat Max: Macky - 615
Vertical Jump: Goggins - 33.5"
40: Brewster - 4.6

"Semi" Players:

Bench Max: Spruill - 475
Bench Reps: Lynch - 36
Clean Max: Spruill - 358
Squat Max: Coker - 620
Vert: Spruill - 37"
40: Dyshawn Davis - 4.56

"Skill" Players:

Bench Max: Shamarko - 475
Bench Reps: Shamarko - 35
Clean: Shamarko - 358
Squat: Smith - 605
Vert: Shamarko - 39"
40: Anderson - 4.42

a couple years ago we had a q.b./t.e who maxed out on the bench at 585 ties with bart. that year.

a couple years ago we had a q.b./t.e who maxed out on the bench at 585 ties with bart. that year.

Cody Catalina. He was a physical specimen. I really wish he never would have shredded his knee. Thought he would have done great things at TE.

Sorry, but there is absolutely no way that the BP numbers add up. None. If they are using the 225 lb. weight, they are not properly counting reps (as in during the pro day or combine you only get credit should the rep be completely performed - to limit the bounce effect) or they are using 185 lb.

Being as close as I am to NFL prep strength/training and resultant workouts ... I am casting a very skeptical eye towards those results.

Peace

Sorry, but there is absolutely no way that the BP numbers add up. None. If they are using the 225 lb. weight, they are not properly counting reps (as in during the pro day or combine you only get credit should the rep be completely performed - to limit the bounce effect) or they are using 185 lb.

Being as close as I am to NFL prep strength/training and resultant workouts ... I am casting a very skeptical eye towards those results.

Peace
I agree, I assume bench reps are at the 185. I doubt that kids are almost breaking NFL combine numbers, especially kids like Lynch, who had 36 reps as a true soph. If it's 225 we're going to have one of the strongest teams in the country this season.

In the video Dave Rahme linked on syracuse.com he writes that they used 225.

why does it really matter what number they used. its only a gauge to compare to teammates.

I can't speak for this year but I do know in years past they used 225. Heck, we used 225 at Hamilton back in the day.

I did a whopping 5 in case any one was curious.

Its amazing how many posts about workout numbers have branched out from an image of the Dwight Freeney workout video i posted a few days ago haha

Peace

This thread is deja vu. We all had the same discussion last year, maybe year before. Some SU fans really think our players are as strong as, or stronger than, NFL guys.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

any word on how many doughnuts Hicks scarfed down during these sessions?

Peace

"Goggins (6-foot-1, 275 pounds) is a senior defensive end on the unit. He recently bench-pressed 225 pounds 49 times, an amazing display of strength. He ran the 40-yard dash in the low 4.8-second range, incredibly quick for a man his size...". From Rahme's article

They may not be counting reps like the combine...but that's still a heck of a result

"Goggins (6-foot-1, 275 pounds) is a senior defensive end on the unit. He recently bench-pressed 225 pounds 49 times, an amazing display of strength. He ran the 40-yard dash in the low 4.8-second range, incredibly quick for a man his size...". From Rahme's article

They may not be counting reps like the combine...but that's still a heck of a result

Hey, I hope you're right. I'd be absolutely amazed if he puts up even 35 at the NFL combine (should he be invited).

This was done in Canada so you have use the metric system, multiple the times by .62 and divide the weights by .453.

Hey, I hope you're right. I'd be absolutely amazed if he puts up even 35 at the NFL combine (should he be invited).

I assuming, like you, that reps in the gym are different from those at the combine...

But Goggins is a 5th year senior, 6-7 months out from the combine, shouldn't he, assuming he has put the work in, be approaching respectable combine numbers based on his age/maturity?

If he was a true freshman or Sophomore, I wouldn't expect that...

This thread is deja vu. We all had the same discussion last year, maybe year before. Some SU fans really think our players are as strong as, or stronger than, NFL guys.

Goggins benches 585 he is as strong as the strongest NFL guys.

Goggins benches 585 he is as strong as the strongest NFL guys.

1 player 1 lift doesn't change my post at all.