For future reference | Syracusefan.com

For future reference

SWC75

Bored Historian
Can someone explain when we should use this:
:puke:

or this:
couchburn

I can sort of figure out the rest of them.

The second one was for West Virginia (I assume).

They'll burn a couch if they win anything. Basketball games, football games, the lottery, a coin toss, a negative on a paternity test...any bad reason will suffice - it's just a matter of how many will burn.

The top one - mystified.

I thought the blue guy was just filling a bag with air so that he can smash it and make a big noise. I just don't when he's supposed to do it or what it's supposed to mean.

I thought the blue guy was just filling a bag with air so that he can smash it and make a big noise. I just don't when he's supposed to do it or what it's supposed to mean.

Although I took it the same way as OIG, I like your interpretation. That way it wouldn't be offensive to folks with PTSD, panic attacks, etc, whom doctors have instructed to do this.

SWC75 said:
Can someone explain when we should use this: :puke: or this: couchburn I can sort of figure out the rest of them.

The top one is a puke one that another poster requested. I didn't use any if the more graphic ones.

:puke: This is how i feel waiting on the NCAA

SWC75 said:
Can someone explain when we should use this: :puke: or this: couchburn I can sort of figure out the rest of them.

Better?

:vomit:

If you like that sort of thing. I'm still not sure when I'd use it. :oops:

I could see it being used for something we really don't like, but predict it will at times be used directed more than just the content of the post, similar to a "dislike" button when folks don't feel like typing much. Or maybe experience has made my lens too dark?

As for the bag one, I am curious how many board members have ever vomited in a paper bag? Like in Gladiator, the crowd wants gore, SWC.

Just to be clear to whichever mod, I'm not complaining. ;) Just attempting to make a somewhat witty observation during a long stretch of no basketball and no word from the NCAA in which I came back to the board. Thanks. (Maybe the board needs an emoticon for fear)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom