For those of you obsessed with attendance | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

For those of you obsessed with attendance

A fanbase that doesn't show up simply to see Sean Tucker is a lazy, feckless, not-football-savvy disappointment. And it gets what it deserves.
Show up to see one player? What is in your mind?

Listened to AP top 25s preseason podcast last night and the host+David Hale were saying they think Syracuse is becoming one of if not THE toughest job in Power 5.
Our struggles with recruiting seem to support that assertion. Of course that all changes if we start winning, and we were darn close last year.

Listened to AP top 25s preseason podcast last night and the host+David Hale were saying they think Syracuse is becoming one of, if not THE, toughest job in Power 5.

It's easily top 3 toughest. Kansas and Duke. People can debate those 3. If it was easier maybe we would have more success the past 20 years.

we just need a coach with... blah blah blah. Wash, rinse, repeat

Drop the tickets in the higher upper bowl to $15 a pop and get a crowd.

Love 318 and 319 and would pay whatever for those seats. But a casual isn’t paying $40 per seat (last several rows) to see whats been a consistent 5 win team imo.

Tucker is a generational RB, not a Cuse player you want to admit you never saw live as a fan. Especially since he’s probably going to the NFL next season.
You are not thinking like the casual fan. The casual fan wants to be entertained. The casual fan is entertained by the TEAM winning not by a player rushing for 100 yards in a crushing loss.

Love 318 and 319 and would pay whatever for those seats. But a casual isn’t paying $40 per seat (last several rows) to see whats been a consistent 5 win team imo.

They will rally with something and it will get to about 32K

A fanbase that doesn't show up simply to see Sean Tucker is a lazy, feckless, not-football-savvy disappointment. And it gets what it deserves.
He's not Archie Manning or Walter Payton or Barry Sanders. The in-game experience, the Dome ushers, and the product on the field are not worth the investment of time or money, for me.
I may tune in and watch. If they are playing well I will continue to watch and root like heck. If they are getting blown out, I'll move on to something else. I can see Tucker's exploits on tv or YouTube.

Only hope is this team can beat Louisville and UConn then return home with a 2-0 record to face Purdue with 40,000+.

A opening night loss to Louisville will be devastating for this program in terms of attendance.

Yup. This program has backed itself into a corner and turned the first game of the season against a team we struggle with into a must win.

They can’t because of the season ticket cost this year…

With the massive bump they put on a lot of people, especially the 300 sidelines, people would lose their minds if prices got that low

They can’t because of the season ticket cost this year…

With the massive bump they put on a lot of people, especially the 300 sidelines, people would lose their minds if prices got that low
I don’t disagree, and I know sometimes the math says you’ll make more money with a $40 empty seat than a $15 taken seat, but sign me up for making the corners and end zones 15 bucks (or 20 for parents and 10 for anyone college aged and under or something like that). At least for non-marquee games (basically anything not ND this year).

If a $99 season ticket holder gets upset that people got $15 tickets to sit in the corner against Louisville Labor Day weekend, they need to reevaluate their outlook on attending games. I’ve had season tickets for football and mbb, and accepted that a huge chunk of my annual price went to Clemson and Duke games.

I also think football games should be free for students (with a cap on total # obviously)

I don’t disagree, and I know sometimes the math says you’ll make more money with a $40 empty seat than a $15 taken seat, but sign me up for making the corners and end zones 15 bucks (or 20 for parents and 10 for anyone college aged and under or something like that). At least for non-marquee games (basically anything not ND this year).

If a $99 season ticket holder gets upset that people got $15 tickets to sit in the corner against Louisville Labor Day weekend, they need to reevaluate their outlook on attending games. I’ve had season tickets for football and mbb, and accepted that a huge chunk of my annual price went to Clemson and Duke games.

Don’t disagree by any means

Downer thread alert

Ain’t got time for this

aint nobody got time for that GIF

He's not Archie Manning or Walter Payton or Barry Sanders. The in-game experience, the Dome ushers, and the product on the field are not worth the investment of time or money, for me.
I may tune in and watch. If they are playing well I will continue to watch and root like heck. If they are getting blown out, I'll move on to something else. I can see Tucker's exploits on tv or YouTube.
So that's all it takes?

Allow me to help you all break this down:

About 2500-3000 season tickets are shown as available online (as we know, there's more than that)
3 game plans and 2 game plans are also still available. Still unknown as how many remain, but I would wager about 500 of those plans are spread out amongst the sections

Call it 3500 open seats thus far

Group tickets will be withheld from any maps (typically higher up in sections) as seen below, I highly doubt these are all sold (section 303-302)
1661348044537.png

I would wager for the Louisville game there are still about 5k group-coded seats still hidden

Up to 8500 seats.

Now looking further at the ticketmaster map (without resell tix) and it's obviously ugly. I am not going to sit and count all those seats, but this number could be anywhere from 9 to 12k.

Let's call it 10,500.

19,000 seats are open in my estimates.

roughly 30,262 seats are "taken" (Game 1 Attendance)

But now you have to hope all those people reselling either sell or come, all the students show up, and the walk up tickets pick up a bit (doubtful there)

All in all - I am going to wager that ACTUAL attendance = 28,500 and the announced attendance is 34,195

Allow me to help you all break this down:

About 2500-3000 season tickets are shown as available online (as we know, there's more than that)
3 game plans and 2 game plans are also still available. Still unknown as how many remain, but I would wager about 500 of those plans are spread out amongst the sections

Call it 3500 open seats thus far

Group tickets will be withheld from any maps (typically higher up in sections) as seen below, I highly doubt these are all sold (section 303-302)
View attachment 219176

I would wager for the Louisville game there are still about 5k group-coded seats still hidden

Up to 8500 seats.

Now looking further at the ticketmaster map (without resell tix) and it's obviously ugly. I am not going to sit and count all those seats, but this number could be anywhere from 9 to 12k.

Let's call it 10,500.

19,000 seats are open in my estimates.

roughly 30,262 seats are "taken" (Game 1 Attendance)

But now you have to hope all those people reselling either sell or come, all the students show up, and the walk up tickets pick up a bit (doubtful there)

All in all - I am going to wager that ACTUAL attendance = 28,500 and the announced attendance is 34,195

Now this seems very accurate

the ability to resell tickets so easily still cuts into the ticket counts the last 20-30 yrs. in the 90s to get rid of a ticket you had to know someone or show up at the dome.. now people just buy expecting to sell and then people pick up cheap tickets easily where in the past they would have bought tickets for the most part at the dome. Who knows how much resell or stubhub cuts in but its got to be 10-25% in some game cases.

I do think we end up with 32-34k sold for the game just because thats what history shows is the bottom for a decent game and at night.

Unlike bball there are no bad fball tickets.. With demand pretty low there is no rush for anyone to but tickets ahead of time and then if plans change try to dump them. Good weather and walkup is probably 1-2K the last few days.

You would think they would be marketing the hell out of this...primetime night game, 1st game, 1st "normal" game with no covid rules or masks, heisman candidate RB. But no...all I've seen is 1 short video on Twitter and a few posts. What are they doing???

Unlike bball there are no bad fball tickets.. With demand pretty low there is no rush for anyone to but tickets ahead of time and then if plans change try to dump them. Good weather and walkup is probably 1-2K the last few days.
Maybe ask for light drizzle that day. Just enough rain to discourage fair goers and make them to reconsider the SU event.

Syracuse football is a bottom 10 program right now. Attendance won't change until we see 3-4 years of sustained consistency. That being 3-4 straight bowl games. Absent that, this is like seeing a bottom dwelling team. You won't get casual fans or people to travel 3 plus hours to see this product.

The empty calorie fixes aren't even available this year. When you switch a coach you get some curious casuals to show up.

The program needs a MASSIVE year to inflate people's interest. The attendance IMO will only rise with a good 8 plus win season coupled with a repeat in 2023/2024 at a minimum.

You would think they would be marketing the hell out of this...primetime night game, 1st game, 1st "normal" game with no covid rules or masks, heisman candidate RB. But no...all I've seen is 1 short video on Twitter and a few posts. What are they doing???

Thinking about Notre Dame and how to move tickets for that game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom