For what it is worth. | Syracusefan.com

For what it is worth.

memcorsu

2nd String
Apologize, formating changed when posting. Please see below post. PDF attached with records year by year.

Solem: 11-29 over a 5 year period
Ben took over forSolem:14-14 first 3 years

Maloney: 32-46 7 year span
Dick took over for maloney: 12-20 first three years

Greg: 10-37 4 year span
DM took over for DM: 12-13 first two years

Other then the 90’s, we have never been year in and year out a major power in college football (I.e. Alabama, Texas, Notre Damned, Etc…). We can argue that during the Ben years we were a very relevant program in the national picture but never at the level of other storied programs.

We are perhaps moving from the darkest era of the history of our program not just in wins and losses but fan support, facilities comparable to other programs, amount of funding for the program etc… Can be argued this started under Shaw and P.

In any business take over, the entrepreneur or cooperation taking over realizes, there must bea major money and time contribution to correct systems within a business.

Once failing systems are replaced, time and funding can be handled and maintained/generated by those in charge of the new systems.

Given a company has a strong product, a company is only as good as its systems/management. It could be argued that great systems/management can sell a crappy product.

Coach P's career is a totally different case study in itself just trying to lay out facts and not offer an opinion.

Attachments

• 44.pdf
    244.6 KB · Views: 51
26-8 First two years he went 10-2 both years. The following 2 years he went 13-8. I offered records from historical points in which there was a hostile coaching change and did not offer PP because of Dick taking an NFL and leaving in good standing ;). This would suggest the effect, postive or negative, of players recruited and educated in the systems of the previous coach. Again, totally different case study.

I remember at the old board many suggested a step back this year due to youth and then taking a step forward the following year. How easy is it in modern college football to turn a program around from a decade of obscurity?

I remember at the old board many sue ggested a step back this year due to youth and then taking a step forward the following year. How easy is it in modern college football to turn a program around from a decade of obscurity?
Some of us expected a significant fall back in 2011 and have been pointing to 2012 as the season to rebound since say the middle of lnst season.

For the record, I don't see the offense as being significantly better next season...maybe top 70. The defense should be good and special teams significantly improved (faint praise I know; how could it not be?).

so the one area that doug has control over is our weakness

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom