Forfeit | Syracusefan.com

Forfeit

CusefanATL

2018 Iggy Post Season Record NCAA Winner
Toledo has officially requested (I have no idea to whom) that the our win is vacated according to Toledo newspaper

Laugh out loud

Too funny as bees has said the last drive was played under the condition that su could allow a field goal and still go to ot, big difference being up 2 versus 3, it's not that simple

Toledo has officially requested (I have no idea to whom) that the our win is vacated according to Toledo newspaper

Laugh out loud

As soon as Notre Dame apologizes to Walt Sweeney for the 61 ND-SU Game

Laugh out loud

SU has officially requested that the win be un-vacated due to the PI in the end zone.

Comparing a botched xp call to a missed call on the field is apples to oranges. That said, it's comical they did that.

Comparing a botched xp call to a missed call on the field is apples to oranges. That said, it's comical they did that.

There were 3 very blatant missed calls on the filed with referees looking at all 3. Two went against us. None however, guarantee the result would have been different.

Calls on the field are open to interpretation, a missed xp call shouldn't be.

Calls on the field are open to interpretation, a missed xp call shouldn't be.

Interpretation of a player using 2 hands to rip off a helmet or a player knocking down a WR? That's not interpretation, that's missed calls. Interpretation is used for interpreting rules.

Laugh out loud
I'm sure the Big East commissioner would gladly take the win away from Syracuse since it would give the remaining members a shot at a bowl game over the Orange.

I just don't understand why the Big East would throw its officials to the wolves like that.

This is going to happen for the next 27 months which is why the university needs to do whatever it takes to get the heck of this so-called league. Believe me anytime the folks in Rhode Island have a chance to make SU look bad they will take a shot.

I just don't understand why the Big East would throw its officials to the wolves like that.

Why not? The Big East needs to keep itself in the headlines for now ... so they aren't forgotten about ... besides ... if they want to draw teams then the best message to send is we clean up our officiating problems ... or something like that ...

Interpretation of a player using 2 hands to rip off a helmet or a player knocking down a WR? That's not interpretation, that's missed calls. Interpretation is used for interpreting rules.
Spin it however you'd like. Fact is you can't compare a missed call on the field to a botched call on an extra point that actually results in points.

This is your typical "If it bleeds, it leads" media drama bulls***:blah::blah::blah:

Does anyone have a link on Toledo's request or is this all just hear-say?

Finally, that was not SU kicking the extra point for the tie as time expired. That point was kicked in the middle of the damn game albeit the second-to-last regulation drive. SU had the lead after the drive anyway. Who knows what could have happened? Lightning could have struck the dome because the humidity changed due to the fans collective sigh of not counting the point ... Crazy, but again all hear-say and just as relevant as those claiming to be pundits of football who insist that moment decided the game. It didn't, and it's a discredit to one's intelligence to claim the contrary though one can also discuss the WHAT-IF GAME b/c it's fun but not really relevant and UNABLE TO CHANGE THE REAL OUTCOME :cool:

You're making a defense on what could've happened opposed to what really did happen. All the what ifs in the world don't mean anything. I'm glad the refs missed the call, but if I'm Toledo I'm definitely upset.

You're making a defense on what could've happened opposed to what really did happen. All the what ifs in the world don't mean anything. I'm glad the refs missed the call, but if I'm Toledo I'm definitely upset.
No, what happened was the call was missed on the field.. You said it. It's the same thing as pass interference, which did happen but also a missed call. Or the unnecessary roughness with Bailey's helmet getting ripped off blatantly in front of the ref with another missed and screwed up call. These things did happen.

You are playing the what-if game. Recognize it...

Spin it however you'd like. Fact is you can't compare a missed call on the field to a botched call on an extra point that actually results in points.
PI in the endzone automatically puts a ball at the 1 yard line ... first and goal ... wanna bet SU doesn't punch it in the endzone on 4 attempts from the 1? Changes the entire game completely. If you don't think they put the ball in the endzone with the way they were running the ball in the second half I have a bridge in Brooklyn that is for sale.

Here is the solution:
  • Toledo flies back to Syracuse.
  • Since it is only a two point lead all of the strategy changes with regards to our special teams and defensive schemes.
  • Kick-off to Toledo and let them replay the final two minutes.
I have heard from several people this morning saying Syracuse lost yesterday. Who is to know that we would not have come with all out pressure the final series, intercepted a pass, recovered a fumble, etc. The extra point was NOT the last play of the game.

No, what happened was the call was missed on the field.. You said it. It's the same thing as pass interference, which did happen but also a missed call. Or the unnecessary roughness with Bailey's helmet getting ripped off blatantly in front of the ref with another missed and screwed up call. These things did happen.

You are playing the what-if game. Recognize it...
Sigh. There's no denying the refs missed the call on the extra point. All we know for sure is Toledo marched down the field and kicked a field goal. That's it. All I'm saying is that it's a terrible way to lose.

Here is the solution:
  • Since it is only a two point lead all of the strategy changes with regards to our special teams and defensive schemes.
I have heard from several people this morning saying Syracuse lost yesterday. Who is to know that we would not have come with all out pressure the final series, intercepted a pass, recovered a fumble, etc. The extra point was NOT the last play of the game.

Exactly.

Toledo had a final drive. They had first and goal with two timeouts and couldn't score a TD. They couldn't score in OT AND gave up a FG to SU.

Did the PAT hurt? Sure, although as others have pointed out, there is a difference between how you play D when you are up 3 vs how you play when you are not. But the fact remains that they couldn't punch it in in regulation and they couldn't even muster a FG in OT. The idea that SU would forfeit on a play subsequent to Toledo having two legit chances to win is laughable.

Here is the solution:
I have heard from several people this morning saying Syracuse lost yesterday. Who is to know that we would not have come with all out pressure the final series, intercepted a pass, recovered a fumble, etc. The extra point was NOTthe last play of the game.

If these are "I rather go to the mall then a FBS football game" people from Syracuse... Their opinion is worthless... They're idiots

I don't think they really expect anything from it, just they're way of voicing their displeasure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom