Forget talking about the problems...what’s the answer? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Forget talking about the problems...what’s the answer?

T2 is a helluva lot easier to type than cover 2 zone coverage, or just zone, with a lack of aggressiveness. Whatever. Bottom line is your D gives up too many points all the time. And, for the past two years, it's done so with embarrassing regularity.

Oh stop. You were owned repeatedly in this thread. Move on.

You can definitely argue that the difference is we actually played against good QB's the last 2 games. Every school had some injuries and guys banged up. I do think we should have rotated more this year on Defense, though.
What's the delta from the first 9 games and the last two?

The GUYS ON THE FIELD!!!

Either those not playing or those playing with reduced mobility.

'ing idiots with their quit or no effort. The team is a shell.

There's your freaking answer.

Oh stop. You were owned repeatedly in this thread. Move on.
I dunno. We all know he's felt talent level/ personnel can be a prob with the scheme(regardless of what he called it). Definitely improved before getting banged up.
Not trying to ruffle any feathers, but it seemed like everyone else was saying that talent level/personnel is an issue , in regards to scheme. Essentially, the same thing. Didn't bug me in the least. No need to correct me. Just how I see it.

Guys will keep going down,so until there is adequate depth there will be some issues. Some were addressed , last year, and hopefully another year adds the depth.

Either way. Recruiting, patience, and time should hopefully find both sides of the ball in better shape.;-)

I'd say depth more than anything. We lose a couple guys and everything goes wrong defensively. Even on offense next year we will have Devito as QB2 and it is likely he will end up starting at least 2 to 3 games due to a Dungey injury.

The entire problem with the way we played defense both against Wake and Louisville was that we changed from a man philosophy to zone with our DB's and Linebackers.

That is what is killing us.

It appears we do that against mobile running QB's for some reason. Maybe it is to keep the DB's eyes toward the line of scrimmage so they can tackle a potential running QB. Maybe it is because Kielan and Williams are playing safety and can't stay with faster receivers in man and really aren't fast enough to do that against better teams.

Reminds me of Shafer/Bullock strategy to change the defense just for GTech and out-thunk themselves.

Just play the defense you installed in Spring and Fall ball, that is what the kids know.
I don't know what the scheme is or play call but we clearly do not have the athletes capable of having a DE cover a back out of the backfield as we tried against Jackson and company. I know that is the thing in today's game but we can't do it.

I think if people were allowed to leave the dome at halftime and then return, we’d have won more games.

I just bought an extra, cheap ticket, and used it for re-entry at half... They weren't psyched about my loop hole.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom