Forgetting someone??? | Syracusefan.com

Forgetting someone???

We are 1031-375 since Jim Boeheim became coach here and he is, too, as far as I'm concerned. Officially, he's 926-371. if Jim stays as long as Buddy's here and Buddy's here for four years, 74 additional wins should be obtained in that time, perhaps in the 2020-21 season.

We are 1031-375 since Jim Boeheim became coach here and he is, too, as far as I'm concerned. Officially, he's 926-371. if Jim stays as long as Buddy's here and Buddy's here for four years, 74 additional wins should be obtained in that time, perhaps in the 2020-21 season.

He's reaching 1000 next year... the math works anyway.

You didn't account for this season's two wins.

He's 928-371.

Paterno the pedophile protector got his wins back. Give them back to JB, you NCAA scumbags
boeheim used ineligible players.
the wins are not going back on his ledger
And the total public revelation that what Syracuse was smashed for is the equivalent of taking one of the lollipops from the teller’s window during a bank robbery.
the director of athletics chaired a meeting that resulted in a staff member committing academic fraud in order to keep a player eligible. that ain't no lollipop

the director of athletics chaired a meeting that resulted in a staff member committing academic fraud in order to keep a player eligible. that ain't no lollipop

I get your points here. But when UNC can do what they did with no penalty, I’m just not sure how to compare the two things. What happened at SU is certainly not worse. As far as comparing a few incomplete time cards from the YMCA to quarter million dollar payouts to players, I’m at a loss.

I get your points here. But when UNC can do what they did with no penalty, I’m just not sure how to compare the two things. What happened at SU is certainly not worse. As far as comparing a few incomplete time cards from the YMCA to quarter million dollar payouts to players, I’m at a loss.
what happens/happened at other schools are separate issues

what gross did was bad; in that particular case, egregious. minimizing it makes us look like asses

Agree, though, what gross did was only part of the wins being docked.

The other ones I took umbrage with. The Fab ones are hard to defend.

Weird question but did they also vacate the losses over that same period?

Agree, though, what gross did was only part of the wins being docked.

The other ones I took umbrage with. The Fab ones are hard to defend.

I don't really have a hard time defending it Fab was an ESL student only here to play hoops and go to the NBA.

The big picture is that he was a little bit of a knucklehead off the court and did plenty of other things that could have ruled him ineligible he wasn't a choir boy but again considering English wasn't his first language I don't think its an egregious violation to pull some strings with a professor to help him pass.

But SU was extremely difficult academically from my own experience and I can only imagine what it would be like trying to pass those courses if English wasn't my first language even with the help of tutors etc. Just have a little bit of a different perspective. Combine it with UNC walking on fake classes and I'm furious we were punished as we were and JB was robbed of his wins.

I don't really have a hard time defending it Fab was an ESL student only here to play hoops and go to the NBA.

The big picture is that he was a little bit of a knucklehead off the court and did plenty of other things that could have ruled him ineligible he wasn't a choir boy but again considering English wasn't his first language I don't think its an egregious violation to pull some strings with a professor to help him pass.

But SU was extremely difficult academically from my own experience and I can only imagine what it would be like trying to pass those courses if English wasn't my first language even with the help of tutors etc. Just have a little bit of a different perspective. Combine it with UNC walking on fake classes and I'm furious we were punished as we were and JB was robbed of his wins.

There is black, there is white and there is gray. Writing a paper with no involvement from the student is black. Student doing 100% of the work is white. Inserting two footnotes in a ten page paper because the student is on a plane and can't do it himself borders on gray. Still wrong, still a violation but not nearly as egregious as full on academic fraud.
The thing that always irked me is that if Fab were in Syracuse when the paper had to be submitted and a tutor prompted him to enter the citations - even to the point of telling him what to write in the footnotes - the issue would have been much less severe or even non-existent.

what happens/happened at other schools are separate issues

what gross did was bad; in that particular case, egregious. minimizing it makes us look like asses
JB will get the wins back. It will take some time.

What kicks my arse on these wins totals is that, more importantly, if takes away the number of wins for the school. If you add these wins back, I think Syracuse is right there in the top 5 all time wins in hoops. :mad:

We agree on the severity, but I think he'll get the wins back. Maybe not while he's an active coach, but it'll happen.

We agree on the severity, but I think he'll get the wins back. Maybe not while he's an active coach, but it'll happen.

I don't know if he will. Stripped due to ineligible players and academic fraud. If they restore JB's wins they will probably have to restore Roy Williams's too......

I don't know if he will. Stripped due to ineligible players and academic fraud. If they restore JB's wins they will probably have to restore Roy Williams's too...

I hope it happens. And I'm in moqui's boat, thinking that the incident was termination-worthy. But vacating wins that we all saw is just...silly. There's no better way to put it. They played the games, we saw the result. It's make-believe. And I don't think it's a real penalty or a disincentive to cheat in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom