Fran Brown Coaching Staff | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown Coaching Staff

We gave Devito the job out of camp and he lost to Rutgers. Also quit vs stick around and fight to get it back from Shrader who ended that season hurt.

Del Rio Wilson single handedly got Dino fired. I don’t think we have ever gotten a worse performance from a starter than his against BC and we have had some bad ones like Fields @ Purdue. Can’t come back from that it’s big boy football and he didn’t travel with the team to games.

3-4 way competition next year is fine. Davis if he stays might be a WR. I’d like to bring in Sluka from HC he doesn’t want to go back there and Chesney didn’t move up. Pretty sure he won’t make it though 12 games and is getting hurt early like Dungey and Shrader did every year though need some other options.
I agree with Davis shifting positions

I think his future for seeing the field was shown end of the year

Sounding like it may now be Williams for DC, not Robinson.

Yes indeedy.
Agree. Don’t see us getting both of these guys. Only one DC job to give, only so much money in the budget for assistant coaches.

But Nick Williams gives Syracuse more coverage of prime areas of the country than Robinson. It is kind of a waste to have two guys from Camden (maybe three or four). A staff with more geographic diversity is a good thing. And it looks like with Colorado in a melt down situation. Because of that, Nick might be in a better position to bring other top people and players with him.

I would be thrilled with either but Nick is probably a better fit.

Let's keep this thread about new staff. I could care less about Devito, Del Rio or Del Taco.
From postings it sounds like Elijah was made a new offer to stay from Elko. It will be interesting to see if we see any new smoke today with his name. If we do I would think that favors us getting him. Is there any news with the former Michigan coach Partridge?

Agree. Don’t see us getting both of these guys. Only one DC job to give, only so much money in the budget for assistant coaches.

But Nick Williams gives Syracuse more coverage of prime areas of the country than Robinson. It is kind of a waste to have two guys from Camden (maybe three or four). A staff with more geographic diversity is a good thing. And it looks like with Colorado in a melt down situation. Because of that, Nick might be in a better position to bring other top people and players with him.

I would be thrilled with either but Nick is probably a better fit.
Would love to get Nick but his experience seems low to plug into the DC slot doesn't it?

Would love to get Nick but his experience seems low to plug into the DC slot doesn't it?
Yes. We would need to, IMHO, hire an experienced DC on the staff to help him with a lot of the responsibilities. Same thing if we made Robinson the DC (though he has more experience than Nick does).

Don’t get me wrong. I would love to get Robinson and Williams. If it happens, that would be awesome.

But I would be thrilled with one!

Yes. We would need to, IMHO, hire an experienced DC on the staff to help him with a lot of the responsibilities. Same thing if we made Robinson the DC (though he has more experience than Nick does).

Don’t get me wrong. I would love to get Robinson and Williams. If it happens, that would be awesome.

I would have liked to have seen A&M pick a HC that had more of an ego and wanted Robinson out. Darn.

Hopefully FB and ER don’t feel like they need to go head to head with each other recruiting NJ and would rather tag team it. What‘s a better resume builder staying at AnM or building up a lost program and making it desirable. One is easy one is not. It will be interesting

Last edited:
That would be absolutely epic. My Syracuse brain thinks it’s one of the other.

If this indeed is the plan….we’re now pilfering other P5 programs and taking their coaches for lateral transitions. Mind. Blown.

I'm assuming they've saved some money on HC that can be now spent on assistants. Hard to believe Brown is getting as much as Babers was.

Promoting Nick Williams to DC would be stupid. Nick Williams has been a position coach for just a single season. You need to earn your stripes a little bit. There are actually qualified DCs available - Robb Smith for example who's been rumored. DJ Durkin etc.

My guess (hope) would be Elijah Robinson DC, Nick Williams either LBs (the position he played) or DEs (the position he coached at CU).

I would be shocked if we hire Nick Williams as DC. Not only does he have no DC experience, he barely has experience as a college position coach. I'm guessing it would be recruiting coordinator/DL coach to give him some more moolah. Maybe he and Deion didn't get along?

Partridge was a co-DC at Ole Miss for three seasons. If he comes to SU and Elijah doesn't, I could see Partridge as DC. Either way, I don't see Nick Williams as DC.

There's going to be both a plane and a bus?
planes trains and automobiles GIF

Still kind of stunned that Colorado ended up 4-8 and the coaching staff is collapsing.
Not what I would have predicted in September.

I wasn’t expecting top ten but also wasn’t expecting this dumpster fire

I would be shocked if we hire Nick Williams as DC. Not only does he have no DC experience, he barely has experience as a college position coach. I'm guessing it would be recruiting coordinator/DL coach to give him some more moolah. Maybe he and Deion didn't get along?

This does make more sense. Would be fantastic if we got both... Two more top 10 recruiters. Hopefully they can both coach xs and os as well.

To be fair, CDRW has been on the team since last year. The staff knew who he was and what he could/couldn’t do. They got themselves fired by not finding some depth or not improving CDRW (I thought he looked worse than last year). If they realized he couldn’t be a functional passer it was their fault for not implementing the offense earlier that we saw the last 3 games. If they had done that, it’s likely we’d be going into next year with the exact same staff or at least with DB as head coach. And I think that’s been something we saw the last 8 years, an inability to adapt in game and in season. Not every year, we’ve had some good coordinators but largely, overall, sticking with what’s clearly not working. So IMO, the staff got themselves fired and rightfully so.
This 100%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom