Fran Brown Coaching Staff | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown Coaching Staff

People forget but Dazzler was also an OL coach for Florida for 6 years, and his BC teams kicked our butts in the trenches, year after year. He got good northeast recruits and built consistently outstanding lines. Fundamentally sound, reminded me a lot of the old DeLeone teams.
He will get some dudes to Syracuse which is what we need. Find some Wohlabaugh Banowiecz(sp), and Reagans. Back bones of those 90s teams

Erob in the house with Brown and JW

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Those seats are horrendous. I’m surprised by now they don’t have a center court box or at least on that side up high. I sat directly behind Julie Boeheim last year for the UNC game and I’d never sit there again.

He's a smart man. He'll figure it out and maybe after another "meh" season, he'll be a little more humble and his team will be playing well.
I think the comparison couldn’t be more opposite. From the sounds of it Coach Brown is a grinder while Deion was blessed with all the talent in the world. Just looking at their actual athletic careers show the paths they would take. Prime would do it with flash and a cocky demeanor while Fran is grinding around the clock, building quality, substantive, relationships. I don’t think Coach Brown will ever have a live DJ in the locker room and all of these hanger ons that only show up when times are good. The Colorado St game couldn’t have been more telling. You had Quavo being interview saying “We got this”. That just came off as a culture that wasn’t going to be good for 18-22 year old kids. There didn’t seem to be any substance or meaning behind those relationships. That seems the exact opposite of what Coach Brown shoots for.

I think the comparison couldn’t be more opposite. From the sounds of it Coach Brown is a grinder while Deion was blessed with all the talent in the world. Just looking at their actual athletic careers show the paths they would take. Prime would do it with flash and a cocky demeanor while Fran is grinding around the clock, building quality, substantive, relationships. I don’t think Coach Brown will ever have a live DJ in the locker room and all of these hanger ons that only show up when times are good. The Colorado St game couldn’t have been more telling. You had Quavo being interview saying “We got this”. That just came off as a culture that wasn’t going to be good for 18-22 year old kids. There didn’t seem to be any substance or meaning behind those relationships. That seems the exact opposite of what Coach Brown shoots for.
Primes full of himself

Guys I have no idea where to put this but can we get Fran an Instagram account? I can’t find him and shocked that the #1 recruiter doesn’t connect with kids via insta!
Are you suggesting we all chip in and buy him an Instagram account for Christmas?

Wow JW and the crew stepping up

I hate to be a wet blanket, because the momentum is very exciting as he builds a much better staff than we certainly would have had under Chesney.

But remember, just a year ago, we had a lot of people on this board saying that this was the best staff we had had in many years - the inventor of the 3-3-5, not just one of his pupils. The angry Bob Anae was gone, and now the QB whisperer Jason Beck would unleash the offense. We supposedly improved our O line coach, we added a very respected special teams coach, Ligashevsky, and Dino would stick to his CEO role. How did that all turn out?

I'm glad that we are lining up some very exciting talent, but Louisville thought the same thing when they hired Kenny Payne, former National Title WInner, like their most recent version of a superstar guard, who had just been an assistant for the Knicks under Tom Thibideau, and was going to blow everybody away on the recruiting trail. And how did that one turn out?

I love that we are getting serious gunslingers who are probably going to assemble a very good 1st recruiting class, despite starting out a bit behind. Certainly I expect that they will be better than Dino ever accomplished, with the guys they are lining up.

But somebody's gotta be able to coach these players and improve them as pro prospects. Yes, winning begins with better talent (like we've seen with Autry; on paper, those new guys are better than the ones we've been drawing in JB's final years).

But you have to be able to implement a game plan on offense and defense, and you have to improve players, year over year, so they are in their best possible position to get drafted, or to play overseas and make a career of basketball.

In football, I feel like Dino was getting guys drafted, but there were never enough of them for us to remain competitive, once 4 or 5 guys got injured.

And I think there was something wrong (no nutrition program at all - just junk food in a players only dining hall ??) with the admin of the program. Other sports and other programs learned the value of nutrition and recovery years, decades ago. I was embarrassed at some of things I heard last year, coming into Dino's 8th year (!) that we're just getting around to as a program.

So, I am very hopeful. But i hope to see solid line coaches, solid coordinators (and soon!) and some program running experienced peppered into the staff, to help with organizing things.

I hate to be a wet blanket, because the momentum is very exciting as he builds a much better staff than we certainly would have had under Chesney.

But remember, just a year ago, we had a lot of people on this board saying that this was the best staff we had had in many years - the inventor of the 3-3-5, not just one of his pupils. The angry Bob Anae was gone, and now the QB whisperer Jason Beck would unleash the offense. We supposedly improved our O line coach, we added a very respected special teams coach, Ligashevsky, and Dino would stick to his CEO role. How did that all turn out?

I'm glad that we are lining up some very exciting talent, but Louisville thought the same thing when they hired Kenny Payne, former National Title WInner, like their most recent version of a superstar guard, who had just been an assistant for the Knicks under Tom Thibideau, and was going to blow everybody away on the recruiring trail. And how did that one turn out?

I love that we are getting serious gunslingers who are probably going to assemble a very good 1st, despite starting a bit behind. Certainly I expect that they will be better than Dino ever accomplished, with the guys they are lining up.

But somebody's gotta be able to coach these players and improve them as pro prospects. Yes, winning begins with better talent (like we've seen with Autry; on paper, those new guys are better than the ones we've been drawing in JB's final years).

But you have to be able to implement a game plan on offense and defense, and you have to improve players, year over year, so they are in their best possible position to get drafted, or to play overseas and make a career of basketball. In football, I feel like Dino was getting guys drafted, but there were never enough of them for us to remain competitive.

And I think there was something wrong (no nutrition program at all - just junk food in a players only dining hall ??) with the admin of the program. Other sports and other programs learned the value of nutrition and recovery years, decades ago. I was embarrassed at some of things I heard last year, coming into Dino's 8th year (!) that we're just getting around to as a program.

So, I am very hopeful. But i hope to see solid line coaches, solid coordinators (and soon!) and some program running experienced peppered into the staff, to help with organizing things.
I liked the Beck promotion. I did not like the Long hire. I still do not like the Long hire lol.

I think the best thing about Fran Brown so far is that there were a ton of doubters as to his ability to do anything - recruit at a high level here, recruit a top notch staff, and win games on the field. He’s done nothing but exceed expectations with every choice and action so far. So my recommendation would to be to sit back, enjoy the ride, and file our deflated expectations in the circular file. :)

Those seats are horrendous. I’m surprised by now they don’t have a center court box or at least on that side up high. I sat directly behind Julie Boeheim last year for the UNC game and I’d never sit there again.

Pretty girls always fart a lot. That's been my experience, too.

I liked the Beck promotion. I did not like the Long hire. I still do not like the Long hire lol.

I think the best thing about Fran Brown so far is that there were a ton of doubters as to his ability to do anything - recruit at a high level here, recruit a top notch staff, and win games on the field. He’s done nothing but exceed expectations with every choice and action so far. So my recommendation would to be to sit back, enjoy the ride, and file our deflated expectations in the circular file. :)

Oh, he's crushing it so far, no question. I never expected such juice. People seem to really LOVE this guy, everybody he has ever met. You want a guy like that, of course. This may be a very exciting - and possibly very short - ride. He might crush it and be out of here in 3 years, but of course, we would have played in a couple quality bowls by then, be winning 8-9 games the last couple years, and would be drawing crowds again, and able to attract another quality coach.

Pretty girls always fart a lot. That's been my experience, too.

Oh, PAcuse, you act shocked, but think about it. Pretty girls fart where they can get away with it, without anybody daring to challenge them on their methane emissions. Four people in an elevator with one pretty girl and someone farts? Who was it? Obviously the pretty girl, but nobody is going to say anything rude to her. They'll think it was the fat guy in the dirty shirt and jeans, but not the pretty girls. AND THEY KNOW IT.

Oh, PAcuse, you act shocked, but think about it. Pretty girls fart where they can get away with it, without anybody daring to challenge them on their methane emissions. Four people in an elevator with one pretty girl and someone farts? Who was it? Obviously the pretty girl, but nobody is going to say anything rude to here. They'll think it was the fat guy in the dirty shirt and jeans, but not the pretty girls. AND THEY KNOW IT.
Oh I'm not shocked (just shocked he said it lol) pacusewife is a pretty girl, I'll just leave it at that ;)

Oh I'm not shocked (just shocked he said it lol) pacusewife is a pretty girl, I'll just leave it at that ;)

Well, if she doesn't fart, your mate probably tops out at a 7; a/k/a "An Upstate 8".

If you ever get invited to the afterparty for the SI Swimsuit Models, just don't light a match, that's all I'm saying'.

(And I mean no disrespect of course; I'm just working on some new material ... LOL )

Oh, PAcuse, you act shocked, but think about it. Pretty girls fart where they can get away with it, without anybody daring to challenge them on their methane emissions. Four people in an elevator with one pretty girl and someone farts? Who was it? Obviously the pretty girl, but nobody is going to say anything rude to her. They'll think it was the fat guy in the dirty shirt and jeans, but not the pretty girls. AND THEY KNOW IT.
I believe him when he says he’s here for the long haul. If he likes this area and he sincerely believes he can win here, and he feels fairly compensated, there’s no reason to leave. He just doesn’t seem like the type of guy whose word is to be taken lightly. And unlike Marrone he also comes off as the type to create his reality by doing whatever it takes.

My wife is beautiful but she can clear a room. Now back to focusing on the correct Brown. I do believe Coach is being authentic but things can always change.

I'm glad that we are lining up some very exciting talent, but Louisville thought the same thing when they hired Kenny Payne . . .
But somebody's gotta be able to coach these players and improve them as pro prospects. . .. .

But you have to be able to implement a game plan on offense and defense, and you have to improve players, year over year.

Lots of negatives in that post. We just announced Fran, he has a DC sitting in the Dome, an OC rumored (NFL guy) - how much faster can he go?

You think Fran and his crew won’t develop players? Why?

Game plans, sure. First, we need talent at WR, DT, DE, DBs and QB.

I believe him when he says he’s here for the long haul. If he likes this area and he sincerely believes he can win here, and he feels fairly compensated, there’s no reason to leave. He just doesn’t seem like the type of guy whose word is to be taken lightly. And unlike Marrone he also comes off as the type to create his reality by doing whatever it takes.

Well, it's his first head coaching job, so anything could happen.
The ACC is the easiest path to the College Playoffs. Clemson were a pretty solid 8-4 / 9-3 type of team under Tommy Bowden for most of his 10 years at Clemson before Dabo Swinney took over, and took them to another (championship) level.

Dabo has peaked, and Mike Norvell is only in his 4th year, I believe, at Florida State, and now they look back to powerhouse status again. It feels like it's their run coming next. But Fran could assemble the talent and coaches here to make a run at an ACC championship. I expect his vision to be nothing less than that, and I believe that will be the belief.

But the evidence on the field has to be competitive from the outset, not a 4-8 kind of year. We have to make a bowl, or people will ask if these recruiters actually know how to coach. I'm optimistic, but like with Autry, we'll get a good 1st recruiting class, but the quality of the 2nd class will depend on what recruits see on the field / court.

Well, it's his first head coaching job, so anything could happen.
The ACC is the easiest path to the College Playoffs. Clemson were a pretty solid 8-4 / 9-3 type of team under Tommy Bowden for most of his 10 years at Clemson before Dabo Swinney took over, and took them to another (championship) level.

Dabo has peaked, and Mike Norvell is only in his 4th year, I believe, at Florida State, and now they look back to powerhouse status again. It feels like it's their run coming next. But Fran could assemble the talent and coaches here to make a run at an ACC championship. I expect his vision to be nothing less than that, and I believe that will be the belief.

But the evidence on the field has to be competitive from the outset, not a 4-8 kind of year. We have to make a bowl, or people will ask if these recruiters actually know how to coach. I'm optimistic, but like with Autry, we'll get a good 1st recruiting class, but the quality of the 2nd class will depend on what recruits see on the field / court.
If we come out next year and have a really solid season, bowl game, ranked - this thing is going to explode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom