Fran Brown is no different than every other clown here | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown is no different than every other clown here

Over reaction is an understatement.

I figured the admins would nuke this and at least one other thread a while ago but they live on.
He's purposely being oppositional so he can keep the thread going. It makes him feel important.

The cult of Coach P should be totally fine with this - losing a game as a home favorite early in the season is as Coach P as it gets. Still will be a good season - but not as good as it could/should have been thanks to that loss.

Just really need to get that OL figured out bc holy crap that was horrible.

Big daddy wilkinson and Ohio State vs a ten point underdog, I know you acknowledged that but holy cow that's a big difference
We were favored vs Ohio st too. I think we were ranked 10 or something and they were 23.

to be fair, I doubt many people imagined a special season was still possible in 1992 after they got drubbed by Ohio St at home in game 3.

I know, I know, not saying the seasons or teams are comparable - just saying you never know sometimes.
2018 we lost to a mediocre Pitt team in OT after the heart breaking Clemson loss. I would take 10-3 .

Bunch of stuff can be true at the same time, good to be able to hold a few thoughts that seem in tension:

- we have seen losses like that before and they suck and it doesn’t mean it will end like other HC tenures
- OL was awful in spots and we are deeper and have options there
- McCord threw some What balls in this game and he’s still the best QB we’ve had here since McNabb

Etc, etc.

Regroup, get better, we’ll see how it goes

He's purposely being oppositional so he can keep the thread going. It makes him feel important.
I'm just telling you what I think. I'm trying to be authentic. The dorks who think they're important are the ones who fancy themselves as ambassadors for the good of the program.

I'm just telling you what I think. I'm trying to be authentic. The dorks who think they're important are the ones who fancy themselves as ambassadors for the good of the program.
Oh stop trying to dominate the JV over here already, it's not going well. Come home.

Come Let Me Love You GIF

I'm sorry that I think most of our prior coaches were just as good as Brown
Seriously. Ok let's give Fran 5 years and pass judgement. Grob, Shaf and Dino had close to 20 years between them. Check out the win loss total and also check out the in-league results. I certainly hope that he does better. Time will tell.

We were favored vs Ohio st too. I think we were ranked 10 or something and they were 23.
We were 8 and they were 21 and yes we were favored … we also finished ranked ahead of them by 15 spots to boot.

Seriously. Ok let's give Fran 5 years and pass judgement. Grob, Shaf and Dino had close to 20 years between them. Check out the win loss total and also check out the in-league results. I certainly hope that he does better. Time will tell.
i don't want him to go anywhere

I'm sorry that I think most of our prior coaches were just as good as Brown
We don't have much to go on. He's a first year coach. We didn't hire him because of his coaching skills. We hired him to bring in better talent and hopefully he can build a staff that minimizes his inexperience.

2018 we lost to a mediocre Pitt team in OT after the heart breaking Clemson loss. I would take 10-3 .

I watched that Pitt loss in a bar in Oneonta for my Hartwick homecoming weekend. I watched Friday night in a bar in Oneonta for my Hartwick homecoming weekend. I like finding comfort in pointless parallels.

That 4th and 9 was brutal. Just awful. The 2 picks obviously. The ACC is a good conference. Weird scores all over the place. Every game, except for maybe Miami, is winnable, but every game is also losable. I like this team. They got better as the game went on. I liked a lot of what we saw, just not enough and 3 really bad plays were all it took.

The cult of Coach P should be totally fine with this - losing a game as a home favorite early in the season is as Coach P as it gets. Still will be a good season - but not as good as it could/should have been thanks to that loss.

Just really need to get that OL figured out bc holy crap that was horrible.
Horse manure. Comparing anyone to P from the last 20 years is absolutely ridiculous. That man had a 2:1 winning percentage, mulitple top 25s. Lines that could actually block. When P lost an early game it was we are still 0-0 in the Big East. We aren't 0-0 in the ACC. We lost to a bottom feeder. This is the equivalent of P losing to Rutgers/Temple at the end of his tenure when everyone wanted him gone, has an effect on our ability to make the conference championship game, etc.

I watched that Pitt loss in a bar in Oneonta for my Hartwick homecoming weekend. I watched Friday night in a bar in Oneonta for my Hartwick homecoming weekend. I like finding comfort in pointless parallels.

That 4th and 9 was brutal. Just awful. The 2 picks obviously. The ACC is a good conference. Weird scores all over the place. Every game, except for maybe Miami, is winnable, but every game is also losable. I like this team. They got better as the game went on. I liked a lot of what we saw, just not enough and 3 really bad plays were all it took.
We are going to lose more 50/50 games than we win if we keep defaulting to prevent defense when it matters. They came close to choking away the GT game, now the Stanford ending. Our line looks awful. Brown didn't have the team ready to play after the bye. At this point, we need to see ALOT to think we are even making a bowl game this year. McCord is going to win games for us, the coaches will lose games for us. I don't expect a first year staff to suddenly figure it all out. Hate to say it but we are wasting McCord due to our learning on the job staff.

We are going to lose more 50/50 games than we win if we keep defaulting to prevent defense when it matters. They came close to choking away the GT game, now the Stanford ending. Our line looks awful. Brown didn't have the team ready to play after the bye. At this point, we need to see ALOT to think we are even making a bowl game this year. McCord is going to win games for us, the coaches will lose games for us. I don't expect a first year staff to suddenly figure it all out. Hate to say it but we are wasting McCord due to our learning on the job staff.
I don't agree with everything you said. In fact I don't really agree with anything you said.

But McCord looked miserable in his post game. Handled all the questions great, but body language doesn't lie.

I don't agree with everything you said. In fact I don't really agree with anything you said.

But McCord looked miserable in his post game. Handled all the questions great, but body language doesn't lie.
You don't agree with what I said well let's talk about it.
Did we go into prevent against GT and almost choke the game away?
Do you think our secondary can play well enough in prevent defense to stop the majority of ACC WRs/Qbs?
What makes you think a first year staff can suddenly find all the answers? Is it their history of doing so?
McCord's body language doesn't affect the play of the OL, the lack of a running game, or the DC's tendency to go into a shell when the game is on the line.

We are going to lose more 50/50 games than we win if we keep defaulting to prevent defense when it matters.
You're absolutely right.

This was a full team and coaching loss. I'm encouraged that they fought back and played better as the game wore on. I'm not going to lose faith in a young staff that's in new positions because of one play and some of the takes I've seen today are ridiculous. The defense played a pretty great game and had one horrible play. The offense is why we lost that game, and even that was just 2 bad plays.

If the team doesn't learn from mistakes, then that's an issue.

And the staff is going to lose games for us? Did the staff throw a pick 6? I don't blame the loss on anyone. The best staffs in the world lose games. The ACC is looking like a pretty solid conference with no bad teams except maybe UNC. There are a lot of wacky scores already this year. I wonder if Cal is ready to burn it all down after putting up 9 against FSU.

In general this is one of the worst threads ever, the overreaction to one game is off the charts. Fran Brown lost one game and now he can only recruit and has 0 coaching ability and we throw words like clown out there .
Yes much classic overreaction here however don't act like there's not legitimate concerns. He got outcoached by the Stanford staff from the first tick off the clock. They were better prepared, shut down OG, shut down our running game and won on the road as 8.5 point dogs. When the game was on the line, they made the winning call, we did not. He was hired for his recruiting and he hasn't shown to be much in the face of diversity yet in terms of genius coaching. Kinda the opposite.

the problem is we’re putting that belief solely on the QB and receivers knowing full well everything else is suspect. That’s not a recipe for the best in ages, unfortunately.

Before Stanford you had a lot more peeps agreeing with you, myself included.
This is true. It is also true it’s hard to bring in top level linemen on both sides all in one offseason whereas a Qb and a few wr can make a big difference and is feasible in a rapid manner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom