Fran Brown is no different than every other clown here | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown is no different than every other clown here

The guy brings an elite background in an area the program has had a problem. He’s interested in running the program from what I can tell, not running the offense/defense/specials.

There’s been much more good than bad.
When we get a great QB around here, it's important to make it count. And we just gave one away

Now you‘re trolling.
They were 2-32 before PP. His last two years were 19-3

Nowadays, I don't know that he would've gone from there to LB coach. Probably would've gotten a better job

But what we saw doesn't make me feel good that we got lucky with game day stuff

I get it we lost on a bad defensive call but overall what’s not making you feel good? Vs Stanford the team didn’t play well but didn’t fold and then came back and took the lead with 3 minutes to go. They lost on a last drive, last second field goal. That happened to a bunch of teams yesterday. This isn’t like losing to FCS Villanova or even Akron.

I get it we lost on a bad defensive call but overall what’s not making you feel good? Vs Stanford the team didn’t play well but didn’t fold and then came back and took the lead with 3 minutes to go. They lost on a last drive, last second field goal. That happened to a bunch of teams yesterday. This isn’t like losing to FCS Villanova or even Akron.
There aren't that many games in football, there aren't that many possessions, it's just one play, one drive, one game.

We have a special QB (thanks to Brown, I know) and we don't have the wiggle room for another September loss that makes no sense

It's just another year where you can't even imagine anything special by game 3

If this is a loss in an 8 or 9 win regular season, that works for me. Need to get the OL fixed and win the next three
Agreed but let’s compare the inherited rosters too. Not like P wasn’t left a lot of talent, Brown has a bigger hill to climb. I do agree we win 8 or more I will be happy … sets up 2026 and on recruiting nicely.

26 yds rushing doesn't make me feel very good when Fran said running the ball would be our identity.

There aren't that many games in football, there aren't that many possessions, it's just one play, one drive, one game.

We have a special QB (thanks to Brown, I know) and we don't have the wiggle room for another September loss that makes no sense

Terrible loss. I still believe that this could be our best team, in ages. That belief just took a MASSIVE hit. Until these Orange colored glasses are B-slapped off my face again? I'll hold on to that sliver of belief. I'm a sucker for punishment. I still think the rest are winnable. Likely? Prolly not, but I'm not giving up, yet.

Pasqualoni had been a head coach before that and had a great record at Western Connecticut , they were awful in the years prior

I wish people would be more fair about him
Millhouse you normally have been a very good poster, but what a hypocrite. You finally get a coach who has an OC willing to throw the ball. You come on here after a close loss, which if Villari knew what he was doing or at least tryed to tackle the guy doesn't end up a TD, and we win.
Every coach no matter how great they become, has what the " what the hell" was that moments?
Talent wins most games and coaches usually get better. Fran checks the boxes we need.
Sit back and enjoy the ride, At 78 years old and a fan for 60+ years I'm looking forward to this.
I got to experience the best of Ben, Mac, and Coach P and Deleone, and still think this is the year we should honor Coach P and Deleone.
Have a great day.

Pasqualoni had been a head coach before that and had a great record at Western Connecticut , they were awful in the years prior

I wish people would be more fair about him
Ok then be fair about the fact Brown was named assistant head coach at two stops and co-DC at one as well and both were BCS level programs and not Western Connecticut Institute of Technology and Agriculture or whatever the hell hole in the wall school P was coaching at.

Ok then be fair about the fact Brown was named assistant head coach at two stops and co-DC at one as well and both were BCS level programs and not Western Connecticut Institute of Technology and Agriculture or whatever the hell hole in the wall school P was coaching at.
Assistant hc is Dwight shrute bs
It's just a way to pay a guy more

Millhouse you normally have been a very good poster, but what a hypocrite. You finally get a coach who has an OC willing to throw the ball. You come on here after a close loss, which if Villari knew what he was doing or at least tryed to tackle the guy doesn't end up a TD, and we win.
Every coach no matter how great they become, has what the " what the hell" was that moments?
Talent wins most games and coaches usually get better. Fran checks the boxes we need.
Sit back and enjoy the ride, At 78 years old and a fan for 60+ years I'm looking forward to this.
I got to experience the best of Ben, Mac, and Coach P and Deleone, and still think this is the year we should honor Coach P and Deleone.
Have a great day.
I do like that they throw the ball a lot. I wish it was less multiple and less about TE
Historically, our coaches are who they are
If anything, they get beaten down and get worse

I do like that they throw the ball a lot. I wish it was less multiple and less about TE
Historically, our coaches are who they are
If anything, they get beaten down and get worse
That's why finally hiring a fairly young coach with a staff that obviously is fairly young and have known each other for quite some time is good thing. Obviously they have had a plan to do this together outside of the OL coach for some time.
JB was right players win games, most often talent comes out on top. It also makes coaches appear better then are.
You can only out scheme people for so many games until they catch up to you.
This current team could really use a player like Tucker. His speed and ability to catch and run would really be great with McCord. Also defenses would have to cover sideline to sideline which they don't have to do now.
And the Linebackers would have to play farther off the line of scrimmage, because of his breakaway speed.

Assistant hc is Dwight shrute bs
It's just a way to pay a guy more
And Western Connecticut is the equivalent to a pee wee pop warner team since we are splitting hairs.

Yawn.

New HC, new coordinators, lost by 2 after a pick 6. Of course there is no margin for error and it sucked. But your last line is garbage. I expect *a lot* more special. Sign of a good coach and a great QB.

Mistakes and growing pains are normal for *all teams* breathe a bit and go touch some grass

Mistakes and growing pains are normal for *all teams* breathe a bit and go touch some grass
The first post in this thread, I said he's no different from the other clowns we have had. I agree that this is normal, especially here.

You want to assume that he's going to get better while still recruiting top QBs.i hope that happens but I don't assume it

We agree there is nothing out of the ordinary about Friday's loss

Last edited:
The first post in this thread, I said he's no different from the other clowns we have had. I agree that this normal, especially here.

You want to assume that he's going to get better while still recruiting top QBs.i how that happens but I don't assume it

We agree there is nothing out of the ordinary about Friday's loss
I don’t assume it - I don’t assume it will be like all the others before. Your premise is broken. Hope is good, maybe the best of things

Do you foresee that the HC who is promised will not succumb to a loss as a part of his growth or are the supposed to come fully formed

I don’t assume it - I don’t assume it will be like all the others before. Your premise is broken. Hope is good, maybe the best of things

Do you foresee that the HC who is promised will not succumb to a loss as a part of his growth or are the supposed to come fully formed
This sounds like a spinal tap song or maybe Ronnie James dio

The prophesy hath foretold

Terrible loss. I still believe that this could be our best team, in ages.
the problem is we’re putting that belief solely on the QB and receivers knowing full well everything else is suspect. That’s not a recipe for the best in ages, unfortunately.

Before Stanford you had a lot more peeps agreeing with you, myself included.

to be fair, I doubt many people imagined a special season was still possible in 1992 after they got drubbed by Ohio St at home in game 3.

I know, I know, not saying the seasons or teams are comparable - just saying you never know sometimes.

to be fair, I doubt many people imagined a special season was still possible in 1992 after they got drubbed by Ohio St at home in game 3.

I know, I know, not saying the seasons or teams are comparable - just saying you never know sometimes.
Big daddy wilkinson and Ohio State vs a ten point underdog, I know you acknowledged that but holy cow that's a big difference

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom