Fran Brown is no different than every other clown here | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown is no different than every other clown here

Our good pal is Chensey is dominating on the road…
Syracuse had a choice. High end coaching or high end recruiting. So they went with Fran and high end recruiting as they worried Chesney, although a top coach, would not recruit high end talent. Fran is a first time head coach and he needs seasoning so you have to be patient.

Syracuse had a choice. High end coaching or high end recruiting. So they went with Fran and high end recruiting as they worried Chesney, although a top coach, would not recruit high end talent. Fran is a first time head coach and he needs seasoning so you have to be patient.
Easier for a high end recruiter to learn coaching than the other way imo. We made the right decision. Just gonna have to deal with some growing pains along the way.

Talent is so critical in college football.

I figured some emotional fan would over react after the first loss
Over reaction is an understatement.

I figured the admins would nuke this and at least one other thread a while ago but they live on.

We made the right choice and I’m a big Chesney guy. He will be successful at a factory next where the recruiting can occur easier than a Syracuse

If the ACC hadn’t added the California schools and we had a revenge game vs UNC this week instead vs their 3rd strong QB I bet we wax them like JMU did.

with the side line route and back shoulder pass, a safety over the top would not be in position to defend the pass. The play design was to take the route away from the potential of inside safety help. it was the perfect play to defeat double coverage.
It’s allows the corner to be more aggressive and turn his head knowing there is help. If it was the perfect play to defeat double coverage then it was doubly perfect to defeat single coverage.

Why should admins nuke this? What rule does it violate? Too much engagement?
Because it’s stupid and moronic. I seriously thought he was being sarcastic with the original post until he followed it up with the same sentiment.

How does this thread help further the program? It’s destructive and a compete overreaction.
Destructive? In what way?

It's cathartic. It's one person's reaction after a devastating loss. Some people share the emotions & it's a way to shed that stress.

What I find stressful are the paternalistic 'have some perspective', or the convenient 'I predicted this' or the unfounded 'dude who just made the bad choice & has recurring issues week after week will fix it next week'.

It's just a way to relieve some stress.

Because it’s stupid and moronic. I seriously thought he was being sarcastic with the original post until he followed it up with the same sentiment.
I'd guess his sentiment will cg after a (meaningful) win.

Destructive? In what way?

It's cathartic. It's one person's reaction after a devastating loss. Some people share the emotions & it's a way to shed that stress.

What I find stressful are the paternalistic 'have some perspective', or the convenient 'I predicted this' or the unfounded 'dude who just made the bad choice & has recurring issues week after week will fix it next week'.

It's just a way to relieve some stress.
So this forum is now becoming the old Syracuse,com crazy forum. Got it. Have fun as I’m out.

I'd guess his sentiment will cg after a (meaningful) win.
I prefer head coaches who have done it before
If I can't have that, I prefer coordinators to position coaches

We have a position coach from a factory that will continue to be great.

Wildhack put his eggs in one basket, it's fine, we will see, if it doesn't work, we will live

But what we saw doesn't make me feel good that we got lucky with game day stuff

Last edited:
I prefer head coaches who have done it before
If I can't have that, I prefer coordinators to position coaches

We have a position coach from a factory that will continue to be great.

Wildhack put his eggs in one basket, it's fine, we will see, if it doesn't work, we will live

But what we saw doesn't make me feel good that we got lucky with game day stuff
The guy brings an elite background in an area the program has had a problem. He’s interested in running the program from what I can tell, not running the offense/defense/specials.

There’s been much more good than bad.

We have a position coach

Wildhack put his eggs in one basket, it's fine, we will see
Yeah, this is it. We have a position coach now in the key managerial role. It's Wildhacks gambit. We'll see if it works.

I like the energy Fran brings. A staff full of young, hungry people is interesting, kinda like a software startup. We'll see if it works out.

All coaches blow smoke up our butts. Fran does too. It's fine as long as and until their decisions or coaching cost us games.

So, anyhow, win? Cheer & look forward to the next. Lose? Vent & hope for something better next game.

It's the same no matter what happens with a new coach regardless of where they come from. Everyone has that 'I know better' from our standpoint. First loss, everyone is all vitriolic. So to the topic, one loss, this topic pops up, no doubt a really bad game I get that. I think he is doing good. Funny, I love the startup analogy you gave.
Here is the real truth... This coach, Fran, is pushing changes, everyone loves, albeit can't fix all of them. But, he is also trying to make a better team. We have seen some of the issue, no doubt the coaches and everyone else that reads this forum does too. Do you not think they know that also from what we saw as fans?
I think he is doing a good job. And, yes some of the staff may need to be looked at but how are we to know about it.
In all I felt this last game was reminiscent of Babers with the penalties and that is something I can't live with. Players need discipline and the training to know when to do something, and not, and also to walk away. And, that discipline needs to be ingrained! As I felt it hurt us a lot, other than the OLINE just can't block for the QB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom