Fran Brown is no different than every other clown here | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown is no different than every other clown here

Yeah this is squarely on the coaches. This is what happens when you have a first time head coach and first year DC. I would not trust this defense with the game on the line for the life of me.

I honestly wonder if this coaching staff self scouted at all in the off week? It’s the same old stuff on defense, missed tackles, bad angles and no pressure. The whole damn game until late this game we only send 3-4 players. We almost never blitz. It is so conservative and not aggressive. Elijah has to be better.

Offense was horrible in the first half. Horrible playing calling was much better in the second half. Offensive line….what the hell was that.

First time head coach. Fran is locked in and a perfectionist. He’ll learn from this. Have to expect some bumps in the road like this. But this was a very bad showing for the staff.

Luckily we okay Holy Cross next week to let out some anger. Work out some kinks to get ready for UNLV and NC State. Season is not over

Astounding 4th down call…. Impossibly bad to throw a DB on an island against that stud WR (especially with their QB’s accuracy woes). Cloud that side with a safety over top and play match to the strong side. Hell even just play cover 2 and force the QB to make a tight window throw

How do you rush 3 and leave single coverage on one of the best WR’s in the country that everyone in the world knows is getting the ball.

Sickening.
Because our DC is terrible and Brown either let him call that garbage or called it himself. So sickeningly weak.

I don’t want to hear any tough BS from Fran anymore.

We got severely out-coached and out-toughed tonight. Our talent almost pulled it out.

Someone should wake OG up and tell him the game started.

Usually you come out of a bye week with rested guys and additional help from prior injured guys. Somehow we ended up more tired and with less available guys.

Ware is so dumb, schroff had to tell him that Syracuse was ahead at the end, and even he knew what was going to happen. every one of us was pissing ourselves when we saw single coverage and we all knew where it was going

Last edited:
Yeah this is squarely on the coaches. This is what happens when you have a first time head coach and first year DC. I would not trust this defense with the game on the line for the life of me.

I honestly wonder if this coaching staff self scouted at all in the off week? It’s the same old stuff on defense, missed tackles, bad angles and no pressure. The whole damn game until late this game we only send 3-4 players. We almost never blitz. It is so conservative and not aggressive. Elijah has to be better.

Offense was horrible in the first half. Horrible playing calling was much better in the second half. Offensive line….what the hell was that.

First time head coach. Fran is locked in and a perfectionist. He’ll learn from this. Have to expect some bumps in the road like this. But this was a very bad showing for the staff.

Luckily we okay Holy Cross next week to let out some anger. Work out some kinks to get ready for UNLV and NC State. Season is not over

Yeah, this loss is on the coaching staff but we're in game 3 of this regime. I'll give them a little time to show improvement and correction and if they don't do that then they deserve full criticism.

We have a defensive coaching staff and the game was just lost by one of the stupidest defensive calls I can remember.

Rush 3 drop 8 into coverage but leaves their best player 1 on 1 ??? Who are the other 7 people guarding?

Like I seriously don't understand what happened and why ??
I just watched the Eagles on Monday lose playing 20 yards deep on a 2 min drill.

Was so happy watching the first plays on that drive where we blitzed up the middle, forcing their crummy QB to make a good throw.

Then we decide to literally let him sit untouched and throw a ball he prob throws to his nfl level WR every day 20 times in practice. Oh and the nfl wr is 1 on 1.

Yeah, this loss is on the coaching staff but we're in game 3 of this regime. I'll give them a little time to show improvement and correction and if they don't do that then they deserve full criticism.
I’m not cutting them any slack. That was just flat out awful. If Fran wants all the flowers then he can’t get bludgeoned like that. Truly atrocious.

Stanford will be one of the worst in the ACC. This is an awful loss. Awful. I still don’t understand how you call timeout only to let their QB play pitch and catch with one of the best and most physical receivers in the country.

We had 26 rushing yards
5/13 on 3rd down
4 sacks
Questionable penalties
Two terrible picks
Couldn’t get anything going offensively
Very bad defensive scheme

This game isn’t lost because of a 4th down call as frustrating as it seems. Have so much to clean up EVERYWHERE.

Sucks it’s national TV, sucks we lose on the final drive. Bounce back. Long season

Yeah we haven't been getting anything out of rushing 3 in all 3 games. Just stupid. And the defender should have been looking for that route, let them try to through over the top, even a TD would have been better there.

This being an SU alum and fan and dealing with constant disappointment is really defeating. You just can’t lose games like this at home and in this manner and produce the kind of program turnaround that’s needed. It’s one game and a long season for certain but still. It’s becoming exhausting year in year out.

You can't just rush 3 there, full stop. That's fall 101. Brutal job by Brown and Robinson, fball 101.

Like I just can't believe it. I would think if you were only going to rush 3 you would double or triple cover the NFL WR?

It doesn't make any sense to me. Like I can't even come up with a reason why they did it. It makes zero sense.

We want to play coverage?? Great why not cover their best player? Nothing makes sense. That could have been the worst call by a coaching staff in the last decade. It makes zero football sense.

So being new makes you immune to criticism? Mistakes happen though criticism is fully warranted here. Absolutely terrible showing by the staff.

Stanford will be one of the worst in the ACC. This is an awful loss. Awful. I still don’t understand how you call timeout only to let their QB play pitch and catch with one of the best and most physical receivers in the country.

Babers and late Coach P Era esque. Real bad look for Robinson there. Rush 3 and their top Wr 1 on 1 coverage. Idiotic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom