Fran Brown is no different than every other clown here | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown is no different than every other clown here

The defense brought pretty consistent pressure after the first quarter. They did a good job balancing the rush without losing contain on a good running QB.
And then on the last play…

Infuriating.

That game played out exactly as you would expect as an SU fan. Texted my group thread when SU went down 13 and said this screams walk off Stanford fg. You could have set your watch by it
Did you bet it though?

We were only 8.5 point favorites. If this was a road game we’d be expected to win by a FG or less.

It’s hardly some huge upset and we have already beaten a better ACC team.

Still too early to have any clue if this team can not collapse late like we’ve done consistently but the rest of our opponents aren’t that much better than what we saw. McCord played down to that assbag QB with those picks. RBs line and TEs stunk. D was OK should have been better but not awful.

The plan should have been to straight up make anybody else on Stanford beat you for the first down. Make their inaccurate QB go to his second read. It can’t be Ayomanor because that is what he and the Stanford coaching staff want. And we literally made that the easiest and best decision on the field pre-snap for the QB. It’s frustrating.

Ayomanor changes the game like I want Gadsden to, but he’s not quite there (yet).

That defensive play call was bad, but do people really think that's our only problem? That second pick by McCord was also terrible. As he began his throwing motion I thought for sure he was hitting Allen in the flat, and he should have. But really we have to look beyond any one play. We are a soft team at the LOS. We cannot run the ball to keep defenses honest and McCord was sacked 4 times in the first half with Stanford rushing 4 guys most of the time. On defense we get pushed around. They averaged over 5 yards per run.

This game should not have come down to a late defensive play call. The anemic offense in the first half killed us.

There are some fundamental problems that need to get fixed.

I’m just as pissed as a lot of people on here and it was a bad play call on 4th and 9 but I feel we will still have a good season just very disappointing and btw did Brown actually complain this wasn’t a sell out? He needs to understand how bad we have been for a a while

That defensive play call was bad, but do people really think that's our only problem? That second pick by McCord was also terrible. As he began his throwing motion I thought for sure he was hitting Allen in the flat, and he should have. But really we have to look beyond any one play. We are a soft team at the LOS. We cannot run the ball to keep defenses honest and McCord was sacked 4 times in the first half with Stanford rushing 4 guys most of the time. On defense we get pushed around. They averaged over 5 yards per run.

This game should not have come down to a late defensive play call. The anemic offense in the first half killed us.

Great post. And a sobering one

That was mine though this was a win so definitely hurting.
We could have got to 2-0 in the ACC tonight. I think we only won more than 2 games in ACC play twice . I could be wrong, but i’m not emotionally drained to look. So much was lost here. If it’s NCST or someone else, ok. But can’t lose to Stanford at home after a bye. Does anyone have confidence we will travel out to Cal and perform similarly?

Yeah it was a sh!tsh0w all around.

Brown completely flopped at getting his team ready after a bye. Like mind blowingly bad.

We could have got to 2-0 in the ACC tonight. I think we only won more than 2 games in ACC play twice . I could be wrong, but i’m not emotionally drained to look. So much was lost here. If it’s NCST or someone else, ok. But can’t lose to Stanford at home after a bye. Does anyone have confidence we will travel out to Cal and perform similarly?
No confidence we will beat Cal or UNLV on those two long trips.

I can point to a number of plays, that being one, that contribute to a loss. Robinson and Brown should answer for it though.
Here’s the problem - you can’t point to a play (or an officials call) that happened with 12:30 left in the first quarter as the reason you lost the game because there is time to overcome it.

You can, however, say an absolutely ridiculousy terrible defensive call by well paid coaches that is completely obvious from anyone who has ever watched a football game on 4th and 9 when you need one stop and the game is over actually does cost you the game because (a) it’s obvious, (b) you don’t have time to overcome it and (c) it was inexplicably self-inflicted.

Correct. The bizarre play calling in the first half. Finally they figure it out with the screens and the slants and the quick hitters. Which should have been done in the 2Q

The D starts the game not tackling at all then 2Q on, balls out.

These starts on are Fran. Needs to get it fixed

This is doubly bad, perhaps even worse because people across the nation were tuning in to see if this Syracuse team is as good as it’s been talked about. Nope, same old sucky Syracuse. Even if that’s not true, it’s perception for the rest of the season. Period. End of story.

Other than that, can’t add anything to what’s already been said. I don’t understand that final defensive play and never will. New coach, old coach, doesn’t matter. That’s what’s called being stubborn and stupid. Almost like we were trying to prove something vs actually win the game. Like, “we’ll match up with your all-American wide receiver mano-a-mano and win!” Well, guess what? He’s freaking better than anyone we have on our team. Game, set, match. Just dumb

Also, don’t get me started on not calling time outs in anticipation of a FG. That’s like Dino all over again. Andre Ware on TV was practically begging Fran to take them but he didn’t. Wow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom