Fran Brown | NoDestination | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown | NoDestination

Not sure if this surfaced before, but I loved this story/ tidbit from the interview:

After the bowl game, HCFB slept with one eye open on a couch in the lobby of the team hotel so he’d know if anyone was going out to party/ celebrate.

Some unnamed players sent a non-roster spotter down to confirm the rumours, and it sounds like everyone stayed in.

Talk about setting the tone that a culture change was coming.

Can we get SWC75 to add podcasts to his Cliff notes/write ups repertoire?! This isn’t no destination related, but I just can’t get into podcasts. I get bored too easily in them.

I'm listening now. It's very good. Fran brought up Jesus when it came to recruiting. I wonder if he would recruit a kid who isn't religious? Would be curious to hear his answer. Not a big deal, but he brought it up and it could be a fascinating answer.
He’s very religious. He doesn’t care if kids aren’t religious but he definitely feels they all should believe in something greater than themselves. Doesn’t care what religion kids are. They get exposed to different faiths and encourage kids to be respectful of other ones.

I’m sure he’d recruit a non religious kid. But most of the kids he’s recruiting fit into his mold anyways.

I'm listening now. It's very good. Fran brought up Jesus when it came to recruiting. I wonder if he would recruit a kid who isn't religious? Would be curious to hear his answer. Not a big deal, but he brought it up and it could be a fascinating answer.
I know he’s not doing it for recruiting reasons - it’s genuine, but I have no concerns about him being open about his faith hurting recruiting.

A lot of athletes are religious, connecting with your coach beyond the field is important and if players who are religious can connect with Fran about that, that’s just another Avenue to connect with their coach.

Plenty of coaches are open about their faith at public or non-faith based private schools. Dabo comes to mind. Dino was too and started meetings later on Sundays after games so players who chose to do so could attend services.

Not sure if this surfaced before, but I loved this story/ tidbit from the interview:

After the bowl game, HCFB slept with one eye open on a couch in the lobby of the team hotel so he’d know if anyone was going out to party/ celebrate.

Some unnamed players sent a non-roster spotter down to confirm the rumours, and it sounds like everyone stayed in.

Talk about setting the tone that a culture change was coming.
It was Sam Campbell who was the spotter. He talked about it when he interviewed Kyle McCord

It was Sam Campbell who was the spotter. He talked about it when he interviewed Kyle McCord
Yup! Just trying to keep the post “accessible” for those who may not watch the interviews or know who Sam Campbell is.

According to their tweets on X most college football players are "religious" so I wouldn't be worried about it.

What if Fran Brown was really good on the fiddle and he challenged Satan to a contest. If Fran wins the fiddling contest, Satan plays middle linebacker and Fran gets a championship. If he loses, Satan gets his soul.
orangefog, that would make a great song!

orangefog, that would make a great song!
I agree, I can almost hear it in my head now. But, the contest could be televised on the ACC Network. The song could be released and raise money for the school. Someone just has to set it up, I am pretty sure ESPN has Satan's number. He may even have an office there.

He's honest and straight forward. His faith is the most important thing in his life im glad that he is open about it
yup. he's very open about it, as is his wife. I'm not a religious person despite being raised in a Roman Catholic family...but I was pretty impressed by how he discusses the importance of this in his life and how it relates to football, recruiting, etc. He's very genuine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom