Fran has arrived | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Fran has arrived

What, at 40? Isn’t that pretty much the norm these days?
Yeah. I don't know if it's rhe norm, but I was 39 when my first was born and turned 41 right after my second was born.

I am split between feeling like I should temper my expectations for a while and feeling like flipping cars and setting them on fire in my suburban neighborhood.

I’m not sure if the automobile has caught on in Morgantown but let’s not stoop to their level

I am split between feeling like I should temper my expectations for a while and feeling like flipping cars and setting them on fire in my suburban neighborhood.
The admins of this board advise to please NOT flip cars and set them on fire in your neighborhood. Or any other neighborhood.

Instead, try one of the fine bourbons discussed in the Mullen thread (Blanton’s we would consider adding you as a sponsor if you are so inclined), or perhaps watch a movie starring Sam Elliot.

If you must flip and burn, be careful. Our usage rate in prisons is not where we would like it to be. ;)

I'm just enjoying all of the positive content until someone inevitably restarts a "Future of Football vs Basketball" thread that leads to a collective meltdown!
Who's, hey, no need to cast shade on our collectives. ;)

I know I am getting ahead of myself but I have a question around support for this program.

Let’s say this all goes really well. At first thought, Coach Brown will get offered and probably take a bigger opportunity elsewhere. But, could you see a scenario where the support is so overwhelming, both literally and monetarily that he stays hear long term? On one hand, if he does well he could write his own ticket anywhere. But on the other hand, you have a program, with a longstanding tradition that has been longing for a consistent winner for 20+ years. Could you see this create overwhelming support, the likes of which have not been seen around here, that provides the dollars and tools to keep him here long term?

I know I am getting ahead of myself but I have a question around support for this program.

Let’s say this all goes really well. At first thought, Coach Brown will get offered and probably take a bigger opportunity elsewhere. But, could you see a scenario where the support is so overwhelming, both literally and monetarily that he stays hear long term? On one hand, if he does well he could write his own ticket anywhere. But on the other hand, you have a program, with a longstanding tradition that has been longing for a consistent winner for 20+ years. Could you see this create overwhelming support, the likes of which have not been seen around here, that provides the dollars and tools to keep him here long term?
let's win and do great first...

Yes. I think if things are going well we can afford to pay a bigger contract BUT the key is community. Fran is a Jersey guy. At SU he can impact NJ more than the selector schools (aside from PSU)
Going to an SEC school means recruiting down there and plucking a Nj kid here/ there. Staying in the Northeast keeps you plugged into the community he knows and will come to know.
So Yes I think there is a very viable chance things go well and Fran is enticed to stay and lead the program he is considered a hero in.

Also yes we are getting waay ahead of ourselves

I'm sure I'm going to get backlash for this...

How things are unfolding is incredibly exciting, and also looking forward to the boost in recruiting, but I'm terrified about the offense. Scares me a little bit that none of these guys are on that side of the ball. Hope we have a great offensive coordinator to compensate.

Again, not trying to be a wet blanket, just concerned.

Last edited:

How things are unfolding is incredibly exciting, and also looking forward to the bluest in recruiting, but I'm terrified about the offense. Scares me a little bit that none of these guys are on that side of the ball. Hope we have a great offensive coordinator to compensate.

College football is so much about a QB. Cuse needs a good one.

How things are unfolding is incredibly exciting, and also looking forward to the bluest in recruiting, but I'm terrified about the offense. Scares me a little bit that none of these guys are on that side of the ball. Hope we have a great offensive coordinator to compensate.

I wonder being on D side and already having connections with e-Rob for example, that side was more concrete from the start who they more than likely could bring in. On O side, maybe there’s some options but still engaged with possibilities on that side. Hopefully Addazio doesn’t become the default to just get someone in place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom