Francis new podcast | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Francis new podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've made the mistake leaking some of Dean's info as well. Everything took an unfortunate turn of events. Seems like both SUDreaming and Dean have a different set of sources. Fine of course. SUDreaming made the mistake of simply dismissing Dean's info as erronious and claiming him as some heretic. He could've said, "Oh, my info says the opposite..." and not just totally discrediting him. Also, on Hughes...Dean said his sources were telling him things based on what was seen in current scrimmages/workouts. Not just some blind observation, or H.S. footage, or game footage from ECU which was evaluated of course at one point.

I think the fact that how SUDreaming proclaims how everything is rosey (eerily a la Townie), how the staff cannot be questioned at all in terms of recruiting or coaching tends to allows him a longer leash here. We who occasionally do the opposite are branded as disloyal or heretics.

Last edited:
I was not calling out cuseinseattle AT ALL. It was just a very friendly reminder. It is tricky because this is a Syracuse hoops forum and his info would make for great discussion fodder.
Did not mean you were calling him out.
All I meant to refer to you is your stance of not sharing information that you heard on Francis' insight.
Apology if you thought I had you calling out Cuseattle. There was no intent to do that.

Did not mean you were calling him out.
All I meant to refer to you is your stance of not sharing information that you heard on Francis' insight.
Apology if you thought I had you calling out Cuseattle. There was no intent to do that.

No, I get it. I just didn't want my intentions to be misconstrued. It's all good.

I've made the mistake leaking some of Dean's info as well. Everything took an unfortunate turn of events. Seems like both SUDreaming and Dean have a different set of sources. Fine of course. SUDreaming made the mistake of simply dismissing Dean's info as erronious and claiming him as some heretic. He could've said, "Oh, my info says the opposite..." and not just totally discrediting him. Also, on Hughes...Dean said his sources were telling him things based on what was seen in current scrimmages/workouts. Not just some blind observation, or H.S. footage, or game footage from ECU which was evaluated of course at one point.

I think the fact that how SUDreaming proclaims how everything is rosey (eerily a la Townie), how the staff cannot be questioned at all in terms of recruiting or coaching tends to allows him a longer leash here. We who occasionally do the opposite are branded as disloyal or heretics.
To clarify, all I ever said about Hughes from the workouts was that his skill set was more suited for the forward position than as a guard. That was the word that I got when he first started working out with the team back in July. Doesn't mean that he can't improve his skill set over the year that he has to sit out and I never tried to imply that he wasn't any good and such. My main point was for fans to be patient with him and not get carried away with crazy expectations, because it's not like he tore things up in the AAC and the ACC is a different animal. I guess that's all irrelevant now since he's "killing it" in the Melo Center. Let's hope that's the case when he's eligible next year.

To clarify, all I ever said about Hughes from the workouts was that his skill set was more suited for the forward position than as a guard. That was the word that I got when he first started working out with the team back in July. Doesn't mean that he can't improve his skill set over the year that he has to sit out and I never tried to imply that he wasn't any good and such. My main point was for fans to be patient with him and not get carried away with crazy expectations, because it's not like he tore things up in the AAC and the ACC is a different animal. I guess that's all irrelevant now since he's "killing it" in the Melo Center. Let's hope that's the case when he's eligible next year.

I know man. He was just making it seem (others too) that you just make stuff up from mom's basement or whatever without any sources.

I still don't see what was is so wrong with sudreaming's ideas, mainly questions and criticism. He just offered a counterpoint which in turn allowed Dean to address him and Dean proved more than capable of defending himself.

Maybe sudreaming could have used a softer, less combative tone? Maybe Dean could have avoided calling him a fool?

In any case, I appreciate all of the different perspectives and contributions to this board. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.