Frank Anselem portal to Louisville | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Frank Anselem portal to Louisville

sucks to lose quality depth but we were a mediocre team with him and will be a mediocre team without him.

Unfortunate and terribly use of him by Boeheim. He should've played a lot more than he did and could've spelled time at PF to. Kid was a rebounding monster playing on a rebounding challenged team that finished with a losing record. A losing team could easily have found him 20 mpg at C and PF.

His advanced statistics from a rebounding standpoint would put in him the best Syracuse rebounders ever and pound for pound was the the biggest kid on the team.

Kid is an ACC starter just not at Syracuse because we have so much depth and talent.
This is a bummer, kid is talented. Potential to be a 10&10 guy a year from now
I understand the move by Frank and his family/team, but I think it is shortsighted and in contrast to the long-term view they took in red-shirting in 2020 (after coming to campus early and skipping his senior year of HS).

Modern-day college hoops is just not as fun. I used to be able to look down the road a year or two and be very excited about the program and who would be the starters. Now we aren't even able to look forward and understand who will be on our team next year, which starts in ~6 months (practice).

It is the fatal flaw in the game and it began ~15-20 years ago with the advent of the one-and-done.

Last edited:
None of us think that he sucks. I actually have as much or more hope for him then anyone in this class. Expecting a kid that skinny, that hasn't played to be able to contribute in year 1 in a major conference is just not realistic in any way whatsoever. He's a project which is why his offer list looks the way it does and why we were able to swoop in late and take him.
…and it always takes Centers (most centers) longer to develop.

We are saying this is no big deal because a player who had positive experience vs ACC competition is leaving us, making more room for a HS player who may be ready in 2 years?

I have high hopes for Peter but any incoming center would likely benefit from competing with multiple skilled bigs in practice.

Unfortunate and terribly use of him by Boeheim. He should've played a lot more than he did and could've spelled time at PF to. Kid was a rebounding monster playing on a rebounding challenged team that finished with a losing record. A losing team could easily have found him 20 mpg at C and PF.

His advanced statistics from a rebounding standpoint would put in him the best Syracuse rebounders ever and pound for pound was the the biggest kid on the team.

Kid is an ACC starter just not at Syracuse because we have so much depth and talent.

Played a lot more for whom? Jesse? Sid?

Played a lot more for whom? Jesse? Sid?
What would we be sacrificing playing him at the 4 for spurts, or sliding jesse over to the 4 for 5 mins?

Our team performed badly. I don’t think we’d be sacrificing much.

Our greatest asset is our greatest liability. Jesse is too good for frank to have a chance to shine, anyone arguing he should stay has orange blinders on.

I don't. I think the coaches like a portal guy more than we do.
A story as old as time itself!

To the staff’s credit, they’re batting respectably when talking about hitting on transfer talent

If Joe can start at point, Jimmy can play the 5 Frank or Jesse could have played some at the 4

Agreed but Jesse could
I'm not sure about that. For the time being, neither Jesse or Frank have shown the ability to hit anything outside of 4 feet from the hoop. I also don't think giving Frank 5 extra minutes at forward would have changed his decision. He is looking to start and wherever he lands that will be at center.

Now do I think Jimmy should have been kinder and more encouraging with Frank...absolutely!

Cuse!

If Joe can start at point, Jimmy can play the 5 Frank or Jesse could have played some at the 4
What? Jimmy at the 5, when we have Frank and Jesse available? Uh, no way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom