Frank Anselem portal to Louisville | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Frank Anselem portal to Louisville

Seems like most think that Frank is leaving because of minutes, but I have my doubts. Jesse is a foul machine and has been injured. Should be way more than 10 min a game for Frank, in fact, he average 14 min this past season. Sid averaged almost 12 min in 13 games - that's another 5 min per game that are available. And there is a good chance that Jesse leaves after next season, leaving Frank as a 1-2 yr starter.

Maybe he is leaving because:

he doesn't like the zone,
he is tired of JB's act,
he wants to go to a winning team, or
something else.

sucks to lose quality depth but we were a mediocre team with him and will be a mediocre team without him.
If we don't add some pieces 15 and 16 will look pretty good next year.

Seems like most think that Frank is leaving because of minutes, but I have my doubts. Jesse is a foul machine and has been injured. Should be way more than 10 min a game for Frank, in fact, he average 14 min this past season. Sid averaged almost 12 min in 13 games - that's another 5 min per game that are available. And there is a good chance that Jesse leaves after next season, leaving Frank as a 1-2 yr starter.

he is tired of JB's act,
something else.
Im sure it isnt JB.

Every player in our 2020 class has now transferred and 2 out of the 5 and possibly a 3rd out of the 5 in our 2019 class. Oh and 2 out of the 3 in Buddy's class has transferred.

This is a good thing to remember when discussing our current commits. I expect at most 3 of the 5 to stay. It likely will just be two though.

Every player in our 2020 class has now transferred and 2 out of the 5 and possibly a 3rd out of the 5 in our 2019 class. Oh and 2 out of the 3 in Buddy's class has transferred.

This is a good thing to remember when discussing our current commits. I expect at most 3 of the 5 to stay. It likely will just be two though.
Worst 4 year record wise stretch in JB’s career the previous 4 years.

Probably 1 out of 5 is more like it, if you consider they will most likely be part of a coaching change.

Worst 4 year record wise stretch in JB’s career the previous 4 years.
Our roster management is just awful.

The last time we had an entire class finish their career in a Syracuse uniform was the Lydon/Mali/Howard class and we can argue we expected another year out of the first two.

We are batting under .500 going back to 2013 with our recruiting classes.

he is tired of JB's act,
something else.

Or perhaps: all of the above.

He’s pretty much knows he’s NOT a starter, again, if he returns.

And he’s seen that JB rides his main players for big minutes, which means he’d be looking at maybe :15 mins/game yet again.

I don’t blame Frank for exploring his options, at all.
He has shown he can be a contributor with more minutes.

Jimmy played well this year.

Did he?

Worst Syracuse starting defender in the last 20+ years on the worst Syracuse defensive team in 20+ years on a the first losing team in however many years.

He might have been our best option and I have no doubt he played the best he could. I wouldn’t say he played well for the level we are supposed to play at though.

Our roster management is just awful.

The last time we had an entire class finish their career in a Syracuse uniform was the Lydon/Mali/Howard class and we can argue we expected another year out of the first two.

We are batting under .500 going back to 2013 with our recruiting classes.
Kids have changed, JB has not adjusted.

he is tired of JB's act,
something else.

If Jesse didn’t come back, I believe Frank is back. This feels like PT to me...but who knows..maybe you right, JB doesn’t make it easy

Carey is no where near ready for major back up minutes at this point. Anselem had 2 years learning the zone defensively, that's an enormous advantage. Honestly it's not even close.

It's why JB puts himself in a tough spot. He obviously can't promise Frank a starting role, which is probably what Frank wants.

But he demands so much from his centers in this zone lately that he can't rely on a lightly recruited freshman either. It will be the circle of life hearing him complain about Carey in his post game pressers.

I don't even know how a transfer solves it. Come here and play backup in a defense that demands more from you than you'd expect?

Probably 1 out of 5 is more like it, if you consider they will most likely be part of a coaching change.
Nope. You aren't going to be happy with the next HC hire.

That's ok, we can get players from the portal too... they just need to players that said no to us the first time around when we recruited them, which makes that list very short...

Who does that give us for center targets?

Ballard from Fla St?

Anyone else?

That's ok, we can get players from the portal too... they just need to players that said no to us the first time around when we recruited them, which makes that list very short...

Who does that give us for center targets?

Ballard from Fla St?

Anyone else?

The targets should be every single player in the portal, period.

Circling back to locals and friends of family and missed recruits will not work.

Why does the "thumbs down" icon turn into what looks like a particularly uncomfortable lady's shoe when it appears at the bottom of a post?

Ha!

By the way, I think it also subtracts a 'like' from one's account total.

Circling back to locals and friends of family and missed recruits will not work.
If we are just trying to scrap onto the bubble and go to the sweet 16 as the ceiling it works.
But the HC will bark otherwise and he has a portion of the fanbase who are fans of him over the program.

Losing Frank is just sad. This kid has so much upside to be a role player on a good team. Would we lose Jeremy McNeil or Mookie Watkins after a couple years now?

he is tired of JB's act,
something else.

If that's the explanation you prefer.

It's not us you have to convince.

Do people forget we are bringing in Carey? Anselem was an incredibly subpar player. Best wishes to him, I think he can be good but he was a mess this season. Not a huge loss imo
Having recently reviewed their highlight tapes, I'm in agreement that Brown is more likely than Carey to be the backup. He's not as tall as Carey but he's big enough and has more the skills you'd want in a center: blocking shots, steals, staying between his man and the basket, rebounding, follow shotes, etc. that you want at that position. Carey may be 7-1 but his tape is flying dunks, turn-around jumpers, running the court, etc. When they play together, I think we'd likely see brown at center and Carey as a really tall forward. brown also has been playing these last two years and is physically stronger.

Carey cold wind up being phenomenal but Brown is the plug in and play guy this year. And I agree that they will get someone out of the portal. Ballard may not have the upside of Frank but he could be a capable back-up.

He is going to be a stud by the time he’s done playing college basketball. I’ll be rooting for him.
I agree with your first sentence (although I would swap solid for stud). As for your second one, not me. He's no longer Orange. I wish him well, and have nothing against him and if he were my son, I would have looked to portal too if there was a decent spot that allowed him to start or at least get a lot more minutes. However, for me, once these guys leave the team, meh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom