Frank Howard Suspended | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Frank Howard Suspended

Since we just got busted for not following our own drug policy I really feel confident saying I don’t think Howard failed a drug test.
He had to violate some other NCAA rule.

you're not crazy but i don't think that'll happen.
not to bash tyus, but he is the ball stopper in the backcourt, not frank. the ball moved best it has all year in the acc tournament. i think it will move less not more with tyus at the helm.
Tyus goes North/South eventually, Frank does not

Only thing that makes sense is something happened last night. If the team literally just found out I’d be shocked if it’s something JB knew about for several days
Makes sense.

Then again, who knows?

An anonymous source told me that a horse was found in the Chancellor’s office after the team left campus. A DVD of the movie Animal House was found in Frank’s possession.

Then wouldn’t they just take the bar...

The whole fffudging bar!?!!

My interpretation of the indefiniteness is that alternative wording of “first round” or “one game” in a single elimination tournament is awkward. Almost supposes a win, which is certainly not the case.
Good point, unfortunately.

I bet he plays the second half if it’s close and definitely starts against Zaga

Remember when Dev got suspended for ‘the rest of the semester’ for a bar incident in non conference and missed one game against a lowly mid major and then the semester rolled in for conference play and he was back in the starting lineup.

If it was major he wouldn’t have travelled with the team. If it was major they would have sent him back home.
If he could play the second half of the Baylor game why would SU even make an announcement? They could just hold him out the first half and deal with the questions after the game.

Highly educated guess:

Violation of AD rules = Failed drug test.
Indefinite suspension = until he passes the same test.

His legacy is not going to age well.
If he failed a drug test they don’t say indefinite suspension.
If it was academic he would have been ruled out for the entire tournament like Fab Melo was.

Without saying anything more this suspension is from the school not the NCAA.

Salt Lake City -- Syracuse basketball coach Jim Boeheim addressed the media Wednesday not long after the school announced that senior point guard Frank Howard would be suspended indefinitely.

Below is the transcript, courtesy of ASAP Sports.

Q. Jim, what can you tell us about the situation with Frank? When did you find out he wasn’t going to be able to play? How does that change the look of your team tomorrow?

JIM BOEHEIM: He’s not playing. We know that. We practiced -- we had an indication that would be the case. We started the year without him at a point obviously. Very difficult to make that change now.

Fortunately, Tyus has played the point quite a bit this year, even when Frank came back at Duke and several other spots along the way. Pittsburgh, Boston College, we did play Tyus at the point, so he's been there. Jalen's had good practices. Everybody -- it is very similar to last week when we found out Tyus wouldn't play. I thought the players made a great adjustment. We played really well in both games in the tournament. And we're going to have to make that same adjustment this week with a different guy going.

Q. Did Frank make the trip? If you advance, will he potentially be available for a second-round game? Or are you going forward as if he is not going to play in the post-season?

JIM BOEHEIM: I don’t think I quite -- we’re going to play this game. That’s what -- we know who we are going to play this game with, that is all we are focused on.

Q. Did he make the trip?

JIM BOEHEIM: He won’t be here with us tomorrow.

Q. Going off of that, do you know who is going to be in the starting line-up tomorrow?

JIM BOEHEIM: Yes, I do.

Q. Do you know who that might be? Would you be able to tell us?

JIM BOEHEIM: Yes is my answer.

Highly educated guess:

Violation of AD rules = Failed drug test.
Indefinite suspension = until he passes the same test.

His legacy is not going to age well.

Quite possibly.

At this stage of his career at SU, you would think he'd have figured out how to avoid dumb mistakes like that tho.

If he could play the second half of the Baylor game why would SU even make an announcement? They could just hold him out the first half and deal with the questions after the game.
He obviously did something extremely bad. Something so terrible that you would craft a vague statement which would turn him into a social media pariah.

Midterms began March 5th. Probably failed one or didn't show up.

This seems plausible in light of Boeheim’s statement at today’s press conference that they previously “had an indication” that he could be suspended. That makes it seem unlikely that it was anything that happened last night or earlier today.

Given their previous statements, it seems unlikely that the suspension was due to the alleged “trip.” And since team members have reportedly said that they want to win the next game for Frank, it seems unlikely that it was a failed drug test or anything nefarious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom