Frank Howard Suspended | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Frank Howard Suspended

He's been a college athlete for four years. That in fact means he should understand the burden of responsiblity that comes with drug use. ESPECIALLY prior to the postseason.

This is well beyond poor judgement, IMO.
Has Frank had any issue like this before? It’s. A little out of character wouldn’t u say?

The issue with this is that is isnt always abundantly clear what is TRULY in the supplements taken. There is really good reason to believe that there have been tainted samples from athletes who have taken approved supplements.

ALL THE TIME!

When do you think we find out for sure how long he is out after we win tonight?

I think we cruise past Baylor. For Zaga we will need another body up top to stand a chance

Like I said many posts ago ..CBD oil is being sold everywhere and especially online.. he may have taken it it for pain ... you can buy it pure w/o THC or with THC .. if he did the wrong one it will show positive on drug test ..

at some point, maybe we need to look in the mirror, and then we will see a head coach who has run a loose ship since he has been here and who has brought in plenty of questionable kids. It isn't just an act of God that we get hit with these issues. JB is going to have a two fold legacy. One is the hall of fame coach with over 1000 wins, 5 final fours, a national title, a ton of community work. The other is a coach who turned a blind eye to all sorts of transgressions, leading to two major sanctions from the NCAA, and who sent a message to a lot of kids that they can get away with these transgressions.
at some point, maybe we need to look in the mirror, and then we will see a head coach who has run a loose ship since he has been here and who has brought in plenty of questionable kids. It isn't just an act of God that we get hit with these issues. JB is going to have a two fold legacy. One is the hall of fame coach with over 1000 wins, 5 final fours, a national title, a ton of community work. The other is a coach who turned a blind eye to all sorts of transgressions, leading to two major sanctions from the NCAA, and who sent a message to a lot of kids that they can get away with these transgressions.

A steroidal anti inflamatory drug could cause a drug test problem. I have no direct knowledge but could be a possibility. There might have been no intent to violate any rule. He might have gone to a doctor outside the system and they generally give this medication without too much question for inflammation. Depending on when he got it it might clear by next week.

If that was the case, if it was a mistake from the staff, would he still have been suspended?

Yes I believe. The school-imposed tests are to make sure no one palys that shouldn't be playing based on the test results. If he was given something in error by the staff that was a mistake, it doesn't change the fact he failed the test and must be suspended.

They proactively suspend him so he doesn't play and fail the NCAA required drug test on gameday... which if we win the game and his NCAA post-results show failure, we forfeit the win...

At least that is how I think it works. Can anyone clarify?

If it was a staff mistake, I would think that person is already back in cuse and cleaning out their office.

In full disclosure, I didn't read this thread. I fully expect that it is a cesspool.

But if what I'm hearing about the suspension is accurate, then it is difficult to feel sympathetic. I can only speak for myself in that regard.
The conversation Eric was participating in is about whether we're significantly worse without Frank.

A steroidal anti inflamatory drug could cause a drug test problem. I have no direct knowledge but could be a possibility. There might have been no intent to violate any rule. He might have gone to a doctor outside the system and they generally give this medication without too much question for inflammation. Depending on when he got it it might clear by next week.

A corticosteroid is not going to flag for a positive PED test...this is a myth that busted individuals sometimes use as an excuse to the lay public for support. The elements/metabolites they test for are completely different.

considering they were essentially scooped (so it would appear) by the student paper, wonder if the PS will have anything more revealing out today...

Don't forget the parties that Laurie Fine had with the players.
;)

considering they were essentially scooped (so it would appear) by the student paper, wonder if the PS will have anything more revealing out today...

They are prolly trying to figure out what the best click-bait headline should be for retread info...

This is Frank's 3rd time in the tourney. He's never been busted for drugs before.

I tend to think it is PED related based upon his early season injury. Would not surprise me at all if he took something to give him a boost as he was not healing as fast as he wanted to.
If this is indeed the case it explains JB's affect in the presser and the teams willingness and attitude it seems to win one for the Howard vs. being pissed at him if it was weed/an overt stupid self destructive act of smoking it.

Yes but I’ve had things shared with me about the basketball/football programs that honestly at the end of the day I wish I just hadn’t heard. Not violations or anything too scandalous.
Eyebrows raised at this...

It isn't even them watching us...a guy gets popped for this the day before his last tourney and your quote is good decision maker? That isn't even a game analysis.
If you watch every SU game (as most of us on here do), you realize how little many of the announcers really know about our team. The Cory Alexander incident earlier this year (when Cory mocked his pbp partner for correctly noting that Tyus had been playing the point for us in stretches) was probably one of the best recent illustrations of this.

I remember in the Sweet 16 game against Duke last year, Jim Nantz just absolutely, positively butchering the names "Dolezaj" and "Chukwu" for the first 10 minutes of the game. It was embarrassing. My guess would be that he hadn't seen SU play at all before the tip.

The announcers that really do know the game (and that watch us a lot, or at least watch film of past games) are pretty easy to spot. People were giving Bilas crap during the ACC Tourney, but I think he's one of the best announcers out there. Having said that, anybody praising Frank Howard for his decision-making prowess clearly has not watched a lot of SU hoops this season.

Sorry didn’t read through all 35 pages of this thread.
This is the reason I am alway a proponent of getting our young players some good game experience during the regular season. This has happened to us before due to injuries or suspensions and has possibly cost us a championship in the past.

The good news is we often tend to have a freshman play like a mad man for a few games in the tourney and grab us a few unexpected wins. Unfortunately the NBA scouts see this and sprout a woody... and bye bye tourney breakout freshman.

If that was the case, if it was a mistake from the staff, would he still have been suspended?

Yes. That's what happened to the players at Clemson.

Point taken, but many of those were one-time things. Seems with us, the road goes on forever...
Seems like they’re one time things with other programs, but they’re not.

Point taken, but many of those were one-time things. Seems with us, the road goes on forever...

ok or you could point to Kansas, Louisville, Arizona, LSU, NC State, Miami and tons of other programs who are implicated in the FBA investigation/paying future players etc. UNC who cheated academically for years and years. Seems like its always us but it is not. let's let the full story come out

Cuse!

Reactions: MGP
To think Frank failed a drug test and the AD would risk him next week or two weeks later to take a NCAA drug test is pretty ballsy.
If he failed a drug test no way you risk him ever taking an NCAA test this year.

You just keep testing him until he clears. The NCAA probably isn't using a test any more advanced than what the schools use or can afford.

Once he passes an SU test, I don't see a reason to hold him out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom