Frank Howard Suspended | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Frank Howard Suspended

at some point, maybe we need to look in the mirror, and then we will see a head coach who has run a loose ship since he has been here and who has brought in plenty of questionable kids. It isn't just an act of God that we get hit with these issues. JB is going to have a two fold legacy. One is the hall of fame coach with over 1000 wins, 5 final fours, a national title, a ton of community work. The other is a coach who turned a blind eye to all sorts of transgressions, leading to two major sanctions from the NCAA, and who sent a message to a lot of kids that they can get away with these transgressions.
this is, of course, correct. at most schools, jb would have been fired after the 2nd set of violations. and had they done so, the sanctions would have been less severe.

i am a firm supporter of jb's coaching choices. but i can see the rest clearly, too. he should have been let go.

A corticosteroid is not going to flag for a positive PED test...this is a myth that busted individuals sometimes use as an excuse to the lay public for support. The elements/metabolites they test for are completely different.
As if you know. ;)

To think Frank failed a drug test and the AD would risk him next week or two weeks later to take a NCAA drug test is pretty ballsy.
If he failed a drug test no way you risk him ever taking an NCAA test this year.
Well, (assuming the rumors are true) you do a new test and check the levels. If the levels are down, there is no new violation

There's (more than) a few things that are troubling. If it is in fact, as we hear, a failed drug test. Either dope or PED's.

why are his teammates supporting him? He broke rules, acted selfishly and screwed the team and the fans. I can see the players saying, "we are going to win this for Frank," if frank got injured or got a screwy suspension for something that was not clearly his own fault. In this case, the rest of the team should be pi**ed at him.

Why does it seem that the athletic department is hoping that he maybe could have it dissipate from his system and thus have him re-instated for a game further down the road? It's over. failed test. There should be no waiting for maybe a better result from a B sample, or whatever.
That's what kids and teammates do, especially IN PUBLIC.

Why?
Because he was injured, it affected his game, which affected the team, he's trying to get right and play better and help the team, takes something he shouldn't but with some some reasons why, and ends up not being able to help the team.

Look, black and white people won't care. I don't mind grey. I'd understand PEDs.

Good post overall, but I completely disagree with the bolded part.

This is a senior. A multi-year starter. "Smoked a little weed" leading up to the NCAA tournament is a massive mistake, and a huge lapse of judgement, and piss-poor leadership.

I couldn't care less about 10 random kids -- I do care about the starting guard on a team that won three games in the NCAA tournament last year, who knows that he is going to be subjected to mandatory drug testing. With apologies, I can't chalk that up to "college students will be college students."

Unfortunately, this will be Frank's long term legacy in our program's history, which is unfortunate.
He is a student athlete, not a college student. There is a difference, and they have different responsibilities. (Totally different in scope and importance, but my HS senior just got a call from his college coach explaining what he expects him to be doing NOW, to get ready for August. You don't get that as just a college student.)

You just keep testing him until he clears. The NCAA probably isn't using a test any more advanced than what the schools use or can afford.

Once he passes an SU test, I don't see a reason to hold him out.

It doens't bother you that he failed a test and should be held accountable for his action?

It doens't bother you that he failed a test and should be held accountable for his action?

We don't know the reason he failed. And the AD rules call for a suspension of a predetermined length of time. If he serves the suspension, why shouldn't he play?

We don't know the reason he failed. And the AD rules call for a suspension of a predetermined length of time. If he serves the suspension, why shouldn't he play?
I guess a zero tolerance policy doesn't apply in this case.

I guess a zero tolerance policy doesn't apply in this case.

What if the PEDs (if it is that) was giving to him by training staff. And it wasn't the kids fault? Then you would be behind JB and his staff getting the boot right? I mean zero tolerance and all?

What if the PEDs (if it is that) was giving to him by training staff. And it wasn't the kids fault? Then you would be behind JB and his staff getting the boot right? I mean zero tolerance and all?

absolutely. I stated as such earlier in the thread.

A coach giving a PED to a player is way worse

If it was the mistake of the training staff then I would think that Mr. Howard will be submitting a law suit.

If it is staff, then shame on them. I would assume they would know better. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt though, if anyone should know what is permissible it would be staff.

So now it would be back on Frank, if so shame on him. What are the terms of an athletic scholarship? Give his to a walk on and send him home at the end of the terms with a large invoice.

Some of our fans better hope it’s weed, because if it is anything else our fans look like giant A$$h0!e$ on twitter going after Frank assuming they know what is going on. I really hate our most vocal fans at times.

I cannot fathom how much of a moron you have to be to go to twitter to insult people that you don’t know.

Like...these people really don’t feel like complete dorks when they do that?

The lack of self-awareness is crazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom