Frank Howard Suspended | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Frank Howard Suspended

Carey needs to step up.

Wow this hurts us more as a low blow then frank actually not playing. It’s more mental and last minute. This was not what I was expecting.

If you think this about just Frank then you are wrong.
Discipline has been a major problem.
We’re no different than many NCAA schools. I posted about Jordan Barnett from Mizzou earlier in the thread. Another player got a DWI and was kicked off the team this season. Cuonzo Martin does local commercials about drinking and driving. You think he’s not doing all he can to prevent these incidents? Sometimes players refuse to listen.

If the school or whoever suspended him for a trip that didn't happen (they aren't), then there is a major disconnect with punishments for stuff that didn't happen. Oshae wasn't dinged for the elbow against UVa and that connected.

Pretty obvious this is either a drug or grade issue.
I'm laughing that people think that elbow "connected". It grazed the guy slightly. If that connected, it would have been much uglier.

They should have come out and said that. Just odd.
Privacy rules keep that from happening. So many possibilities. I just reviewed video of yesterday's practice, and he is there and practicing. We can speculate all we want, but definitely something new and fresh. Players did not even know. It is what it is.

Frank could have just mouthed off to JB or another coach ... or missed curfew last nite etc

Oh and Jalen - don’t shoot threes!
That's the big loss here. Frank was coming off probably his best shooting/scoring game of his career. They both turn it over a ton so that is a wash, but at least Frank can shoot

If you think this about just Frank then you are wrong.
Discipline has been a major problem.
I missed the part that the whole team has been suspended. If you think this is about more than Frank, then spill what you know. Otherwise, settle down and wait for more info.

I haven't been a fan of Frank Howard and honestly wouldn't care less if he never suited up for us again. It's not a lack of ability with him. With that being said I wouldn't be surprised if his Cuse career is done. They won't come out and say it because why give teams the advantage of knowing he won't play. With short turn around times between games, having to prepare for Frank can impact a game plan. Different circumstances but we did the same thing with Onuaku when he clearly was never going to play that year when he got injured right before the tourney.

Didn't JB just find out about it recently? Maybe doesn't have the full details yet? I don't know. I can't see a kid getting suspended the day before the NCAA Tourney actually returning for round 2.
That’s exactly what happened with Jordan Barnett. He would have played in the second round had Mizzou won.

I'm not saying it doesn't hurt at all depth wise but I like not having Frank available. Buddy spaces the court much better and allows Tyus to drive more easily. Hopefully Jalen can play 8 minutes and do some positive things.

This is obviously the NCAA's punishment for the UNC academic scandal. I expect to lose 107 wins, 22 scholarships, NCAA tournament ban for 5 years, and Jim Boeheim to be executed.
It’s good to laugh!!
:vomit:

Man, the speculations. They arrived yesterday. Maybe he went out for a cold pop last night and they found him in a Baylor cheerleaders bunk? I’m disappointed, but I’ll wait for the facts. I remember people saying was not going to be back For this season last year.

I missed the part that the whole team has been suspended. If you think this is about more than Frank, then spill what you know. Otherwise, settle down and wait for more info.
I don’t want to go thru all of player Indiscretions but this isn’t new with Frank Howard.

Mark Titus said this about when asked which program would be the best to be a walk-on member on.

“… from what I can tell, Jim Boeheim is way past caring what his players do. This is anecdotal evidence, but when I was at Ohio State, we played Syracuse in Madison Square Garden in the preseason NIT one year. Both teams stayed at the same hotel in Times Square. After getting done with film around 10 p.m. the night before the game, Coach Matta said he wanted us all to go straight up to bed. My walk-on roommate and I laughed at this suggestion and instead left to explore the city since we didn’t need to get rest just to sit on the bench the next day. Anyway, as the clock neared midnight and we walked back to the hotel, we spotted a group of Syracuse players (some of whom were starters) out on the town. What they were up to I don’t know, but I do know that there are very few college basketball coaches who would be cool with their starters walking around Times Square at midnight the night before a game. If Boeheim lets this slide with his scholarship players, you can only assume how little he cares what his walk-ons do.”

I'm not saying it doesn't hurt at all depth wise but I like not having Frank available. Buddy spaces the court much better and allows Tyus to drive more easily. Hopefully Jalen can play 8 minutes and do some positive things.
I sort of agree. Possible addition by subtraction. I still think we would need him against Gonzaga, but this shouldn’t make or break against Baylor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom