Frank Howard Suspended | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Frank Howard Suspended

Since the ncaa doesn't test until after the game, this must be a school suspension which means we still have a policy after the debacle that played a part in our sanctions. Mind numbingly stupid

This was my first thought as well.

Policies are put in place to remove subjectivity and circumstance, in other words to take power away from the head coach.

so...anything interesting happen today?

George-Costanza-Popcorn-Reaction-Gif-On-Seinfeld.gif

Failed drug test 3 game suspension
Career is over. We ain't winning 3 games and even if we did that means we are better without Frank so he prbably gets a seat on the bench for any games after that

This was my first thought as well.

Policies are put in place to remove subjectivity and circumstance, in other words to take power away from the head coach.
You shouldn't do anything the NCAA doesn't require. Especially when you can get sanctioned for not following a policy that isn't required in the 1st place.

If you want a policy at least word it so you have some wiggle room in a case like this when the ncaat is on the line

Since the ncaa doesn't test until after the game, this must be a school suspension which means we still have a policy after the debacle that played a part in our sanctions. Mind numbingly stupid

Ummm... this is actually the smart thing to do if you are in JB’s shoes - screen the players in advance so you don’t inadvertently play an ineligible player, which was one of the problems with the last NCAA investigation. IF Frank failed, you don’t want to find out AFTER the game is played because it would show that we didn’t rectify one of the problems that we got dinged for before.

You claimed you wanted guys to play dirty and show some fire...or something.
I do for sure. I loved it when Pearl stood up to Patrick. When Devo jumped on the scorers table. When guys like DC, Harris, Waiters, spoke trash and backed it up. I think that Frank has that spark but unfortunately he doesn't have a very high bball IQ and it looks like not much in the way of common sense. I hope he gets to play again. But yes i like guys that are intimidating.

Frank is a senior...so around what 22 years old? Old enough to know better no matter the infraction. If he was a young and dumb freshman thats one thing, he isn’t anymore. Shrugging...moving on. Hopefully at some point he will figure things out, until then cheer for the team on the floor.

You shouldn't do anything the NCAA doesn't require. Especially when you can get sanctioned for not following a policy that isn't required in the 1st place.

If you want a policy at least word it so you have some wiggle room in a case like this when the ncaat is on the line

Obviously this is how things are done when idiots are not in charge.

Ummm... this is actually the smart thing to do if you are in JB’s shoes - screen the players in advance so you don’t inadvertently play an ineligible player, which was one of the problems with the last NCAA investigation. IF Frank failed, you don’t want to find out AFTER the game is played because it would show that we didn’t rectify one of the problems that we got dinged for before.
No it wouldn't. We got in trouble for not enforcing our drug testing policy. But you are not required yo have a drug testing policy

I do for sure. I loved it when Pearl stood up to Patrick. When Devo jumped on the scorers table. When guys like DC, Harris, Waiters, spoke trash and backed it up. I think that Frank has that spark but unfortunately he doesn't have a very high bball IQ and it looks like not much in the way of common sense. I hope he gets to play again. But yes i like guys that are intimidating.

So did you like the trip attempt?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom