Frank Howard | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Frank Howard

it's really hard to watch, people talk about him making a few shots here and there but the cumulative net has been bad. he can't initiate offense, he can't handle the ball against even average defenders, he is non-existent on defense, it's sad.

He had seven assists tonight in 27 minutes. No one blaming Elijah for being a cardboard cutout in the second half?

Again. The defenders are going to say he made shots. A PG’s responsibility is to control the game and make solid plays. He has been better in spurts tonight but he makes horrendous decisions at the worst times. Simply not a winning basketball player.
He’s not a pg

His first two minutes at the start of the second half totally changed the game. He was horrible and Hughes forgot to come out of the locker room for the second half.

He had seven assists tonight in 27 minutes. No one blaming Elijah for being a cardboard cutout in the second half?

he's being blamed as well. Plenty of blame to go around tonight.

I'd rather watch bette midler in concert than Frank "run" our offense and jog with his arms down on defense

Threads embarrassing.

Everyone on the team sucks though according to our ‘fans’. Is there anyone some of you actually like on the team? I get it you want Coby White and Zion instead.
It would be nice to actually get a player like that again.

I'd rather watch bette midler in concert than Frank "run" our offense and jog with his arms down on defense
Than don’t watch. Frank wasn’t the reason we lost tonight. I don’t get trying to pin the blame on him and saying he was awful tonight when he wasn’t. We faced a top 5 team on the road and lost in a competitive game where the refs gave them 21 more free throws and got us in foul trouble. If you wanna blame someone look no further than Hughes who was a total no show in the second half (I don’t think he even attempted a 3) and brisset who refused to rebound, make free throws and settled for too many jumpers.

Than don’t watch. Frank wasn’t the reason we lost tonight. I don’t get trying to pin the blame on him and saying he was awful tonight when he wasn’t. We faced a top 5 team on the road and lost in a competitive game where the refs gave them 21 more free throws and got us in foul trouble. If you wanna blame someone look no further than Hughes who was a total no show in the second half (I don’t think he even attempted a 3) and brisset who refused to rebound, make free throws and settled for too many jumpers.
UNC pushed the tempo. Absolutely no surprise we had less free throws.

UNC pushed the tempo. Absolutely no surprise we had less free throws.
Fair. But I thought the discrepancy was too much. Some of the fouls in the first half were bad and there’s no way anyone can look at me with s straight face and say the refs called it the same for both teams.

The one thing tonight that really bothered me. At one point they caught UNC in a switch, so he was manned up on the perimeter by Luke Maye. At that point the last thing you do is give up the ball. You drive right by him into the lane(that place he doesn’t really ever go into). Instead our “Point God” gave up the ball.

I get it, it’s not his best position, and he really should be off the ball. But come on!

But honestly, he was no where near our biggest problem tonight. But hey...UNC contested our free throws really well, must have gotten a hand up in their faces!

With your basketball knowledge, that’s exactly where you should be.

Fair. But I thought the discrepancy was too much. Some of the fouls in the first half were bad and there’s no way anyone can look at me with s straight face and say the refs called it the same for both teams.
A couple of the charges were questionable, but otherwise we commit dumb fouls like Hughes karate chopping on attempted blocks or Marek pulling a guy down from behind 90' from the basket.

A couple of the charges were questionable, but otherwise we commit dumb fouls like Hughes karate chopping on attempted blocks or Marek pulling a guy down from behind 90' from the basket.
I think what ppl see is similar contact on both ends gets called differently.

Again I agree. We cannot keep committing dumb fouls like that. I thought the charges vs marek were bad, tyus got bumped and hit a ton where’s we touch white it was a foul. I also saw a ton of moving screens that weren’t called and a horrible traveling call on Howard. The refs hurt us for sure but they weren’t the main reason we lost the game. Rebounding, lack of Hughes showing up in the second half and brisset not rebounding, hitting free throws or just most shots in general were killers.

I think what ppl see is similar contact on both ends gets called differently.
We have one guy push the ball, Tyus. Everyone else plays at the edges. UNC bum rushes the show and we aren't smart enough or quick enough to actually get the charge or get out the damned way.

Again I agree. We cannot keep committing dumb fouls like that. I thought the charges vs marek were bad, tyus got bumped and hit a ton where’s we touch white it was a foul. I also saw a ton of moving screens that weren’t called and a horrible traveling call on Howard. The refs hurt us for sure but they weren’t the main reason we lost the game. Rebounding, lack of Hughes showing up in the second half and brisset not rebounding, hitting free throws or just most shots in general were killers.
They made mistakes both ways. The jumping dribble of oshae in the first half was definitely a walk. Not called. Tyus hacked the crap out of the guy on the swipe in the second half of the game that he knocked out of bounds.

How are we supposed to aggressively rebound when all our players are in foul trouble?

They made mistakes both ways. The jumping dribble of oshae in the first half was definitely a walk. Not called. Tyus hacked the crap out of the guy on the swipe in the second half of the game that he knocked out of bounds.
O’Shea got fouled before that though.

If you don’t think of Frank as a PG — and he’s not — it’s tougher to slam him in threads like this.

It’s not his fault we don’t have a PG.

right, its boeheim's fault. battle at the 1, howard at the 2. i actually feel good with howard taking open 3s. but thats the only part of his game i feel good about. he should play off the ball. or start buddy at the 2 and frank the 6th man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom