Frank Howard | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Frank Howard

How are we supposed to aggressively rebound when all our players are in foul trouble?
Well from what I saw from Hughes and O’Shea they didn’t aggressively rebound at any point in the game. Hughes played charming soft out there. Way too many weak side rebs given up by him. It’s posdible to rebound without fouling. I didn’t see one foul by those guys picked up trying to reb. Hughes and marek need to use fouls much wiser too.

He had seven assists tonight in 27 minutes. No one blaming Elijah for being a cardboard cutout in the second half?

Maybe I missed too much having to refresh the constantly freezing internet stream, but I don't recall seeing anyone get the ball to him in the second half. Which is discouraging, when I was a kid rule number one was "feed the hot shooter." I guess we don't do that anymore. Seemed more like it was "Okay you got yours, now it's my turn to get some."

Maybe I missed too much having to refresh the constantly freezing internet stream, but I don't recall seeing anyone get the ball to him in the second half. Which is discouraging, when I was a kid rule number one was "feed the hot shooter." I guess we don't do that anymore. Seemed more like it was "Okay you got yours, now it's my turn to get some."
Disagree. They looked for him. He was gun shy for some reason and was def not hunting shots like he did in the first half. He also kept driving into traffic for some dumb reason. The announcers also mentioned he was passing up shots he took and made in the first half.

Well from what I saw from Hughes and O’Shea they didn’t aggressively rebound at any point in the game. Hughes played charming soft out there. Way too many weak side rebs given up by him. It’s posdible to rebound without fouling. I didn’t see one foul by those guys picked up trying to reb. Hughes and marek need to use fouls much wiser too.
It is easy to pick up fouls fighting for rebounds. The guys already got the message from the refs that they ready to blow the whistle at any contact.

Not on the play I'm thinking of.
If it's the play where he left his feet csme down and then made a baseline jumper, he did get fouled when he first wenr up. Dude badically punchrd him in hid ribs and then retreated

Jamie Luckie was erratic all night. On the play just before White got his third foul, White fairly assaulted Battle and no call, and as then soon as there was another contact play, White got dinged for much less than he got away with.
noidea.gif

It is easy to pick up fouls fighting for rebounds. The guys already got the message from the refs that they ready to blow the whistle at any contact.

I don’t buy this. They still need to rebound. OB only had two fouls I think. Hughes wasted at least two fouls I counted, prob more. The rebounding isn’t the refs fault.

Disagree. They looked for him. He was gun shy for some reason and was def not hunting shots like he did in the first half. He also kept driving into traffic for some dumb reason. The announcers also mentioned he was passing up shots he took and made in the first half.
The wrist acting up?

You know what else is not fun to watch? Frank, with his hands down by his sides, watching an alley oop pass flying over his head for a dunk. Get a hand up Frank. Contest a couple passes.

The wrist acting up?
Idk. If it was he shouldn’t of been out there than so I’m not gonna give him a pass. As good as he was in the first he was equally as bad in the second. When he makes shots is when this team is at its best and IMO can beat anyone.

You know what else is not fun to watch? Frank, with his hands down by his sides, watching an alley oop pass flying over his head for a dunk. Get a hand up Frank. Contest a couple passes.
I’ll say one thing I’ll give frank some crap for was his closeouts. He needs to run shooters off the line better. Saw him do this at least twice with white. Also feel like the zone isn’t getting as many deflections this year as in years past.

If it's the play where he left his feet csme down and then made a baseline jumper, he did get fouled when he first wenr up. Dude badically punchrd him in hid ribs and then retreated
That wasn't close to a punch from the low definition channel I watched. There wasn't sufficient contact to call anything.

You all would be going insane if we got called for that.

The charge on dolezai was terrible though.

That wasn't close to a punch from the low definition channel I watched. There wasn't sufficient contact to call anything.

You all would be going insane if we got called for that.

The charge on dolezai was terrible though.
I don’t think he punched him but he def got pushed. It should have been a call. Ref def let the up n down go because he missed the call

I’ll say one thing I’ll give frank some crap for was his closeouts. He needs to run shooters off the line better. Saw him do this at least twice with white. Also feel like the zone isn’t getting as many deflections this year as in years past.

Can’t remember a worse su guard at contesting or closing out on 3 pt shooters. Lazy lazy lazy.

The reason why the Battle-Boeheim-Hughes-Brissett-Dolezaj lineup is generally our most effective one is that Battle is the only guy capable of dominating the ball and Dolezaj is the only one with point guard level passing skills. If we don't have Battle there to dominate the ball and Dolezaj there to make the key passes, we stagnate and become the same kind of isolation offense that we were last year. Howard is what he is, on a team with someone who has the skills required to play point guard we may be able to utilize him more effectively, ultimately I think some roster turnover will be good for the squad going forward.

At times he just flat out looks lazy and doesn’t care . He has 1 or 2 turnovers a game where he looks right at the opponent and passes the ball to them. Then he’ll hit a shot and that’s supposed to balance it out.

After learning that Howard Washington had a stroke we’re just going to keep going after players after having bad games even if they are consistently bad games???

I’d think after learning that we have no clue about how players are mentally and physically and even emotionally we would take a step back and just enjoy what we have and remind ourselves our lives don’t revolve around this team. And that we have no control over outcomes over these games and that it, it’s just a game...

Apologizing...had a bit to drink after getting some shocking news earlier.

I think Hughes got his front tooth logged up in his gums I saw on Snapchat it looked like his tooth was about to fall out

How are we supposed to aggressively rebound when all our players are in foul trouble?

Our best rebounder actually wasn't in foul trouble. He just didn't rebound last night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom