Frank "The Tank" Martin In Tears? | Syracusefan.com

Frank "The Tank" Martin In Tears?

I felt like he was about to just explode out of his 20 seconds of silence. That guys gotta relax.

I was a little surprised that the story here was framed completely differently than for SU. Boeheim is a dirty coach in charge of an out-of-control program when Melo is deemed ineligible. After Martin's reaction, all the CBS announcers felt bad for him.

I was a little surprised that the story here was framed completely differently than for SU. Boeheim is a dirty coach in charge of an out-of-control program when Melo is deemed ineligible. After Martin's reaction, all the CBS announcers felt bad for him.
Yup imagine if Boeheim cried over Fab.

It does come with the territory of being a top program though. K-State is nowhere near our level so its not as big of a story. Samuels is nowhere near the player Fab is either.

It's not like he was crying because he lost. He was crying because one of his players wasn't able to play in his final game of his career.

Regardless...it was fun to watch the big tough alpha man cry. If I seem insensitive...well, even better.:rolling:

I like Frank Martin too. His heart is totally into what he does, and he wears his emotions on his sleeve. I'll bet he has a good bond with his players, and is feeling the same pain they are right now. The finality of the season is a big deal, so I certainly won't fault him for being in emotional pain.

It's not like he was crying because he lost. He was crying because one of his players wasn't able to play in his final game of the season.
of his career I think. He's the only senior scholarship player on the roster

Maybe boeheim should take note... Being a grumpy ass hole works in Syracuse... Not nationally

I just glad he isn't Irish or he would have showed up to the presser drunk and started brawling with the reporters.
If he were Italian, he'd whack the refs. Literally.

I live in Kansas so I get to see my share of Coach Martin. He is a loose cannon - you never know what you are going to get from him. But it will be what he really thinks.

"not that suprising for a latino??"

Yeah - what the F is that about? Take the racist chants to the Southern Missouri band board.

Either way, it's going to be culture shock in Illinois when he replaces Weber.

Frank Martin was actually really likable in the pre game presser. Had glowing things to say about SU. Repeatedly referred to JB as "Bo" which I have never heard before and was quite funny.

Everybody knows that Latinos often cry during press conferences. It's a sociological fact.

Yeah - what the F is that about? Take the racist chants to the Southern Missouri band board.

Either way, it's going to be culture shock in Illinois when he replaces Weber.

You mean Southern Mississippi, of course.

Although Rush Limbaugh does hail from southern Missouri.

You mean Southern Mississippi, of course.

Although Rush Limbaugh does hail from southern Missouri.

No, I just call every state south of the Mason-Dixon Line Missouri... ;)

BTW, Martin is 100% insane. I've seen him go Bobby Knight on his players.

Eh. I like him better than a lot of other coaches we've faced. He's got a temper and is pretty emotional. Not that surprising for a Latino.
Ya, can't say that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom