Frank | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Frank

The guy has strep throat lol. Man Frank gets slated every night by this board. What a shame. Team would be horrendous without him and not even in the CBI.

Gotta take the good with the bad.

Two sources close to the program told me Frank isn’t a PG but a SG playing PG to help the program.

He struggled with the ball but overall was a gamer.

No doubt that he's not a natural PG. You have to have a certain feel for the game and you have to be secure with the ball. Not sure he's a natural SG either as the percentages clearly show. If SU had a more typical roster similar to what they've had during the JB era then Frank would be a guard coming off the bench.

Two sources close to the program told me Frank isn’t a PG but a SG playing PG to help the program.

People forget we recruited a true pg in Joseph. Then Ennis left and we essentially threw out any potential shot at developing kaleb and pressed him into action. This led to him not progressing and transferring. Then dynamic, TEAM guys like G and Frank bit the bullet and carried the pg load to get us through these few years without a developed point guard.

Everyone wants 25 win seasons but no one wants to see the years of development it takes to build a foundation to achieve it.

The guy has strep throat lol. Man Frank gets slated every night by this board. What a shame. Team would be horrendous without him and not even in the CBI.

Gotta take the good with the bad.
I suppose that's true for this board, as well. ;)

People forget we recruited a true pg in Joseph. Then Ennis left and we essentially threw out any potential shot at developing kaleb and pressed him into action. This led to him not progressing and transferring. Then dynamic, TEAM guys like G and Frank bit the bullet and carried the pg load to get us through these few years without a developed point guard.

Everyone wants 25 win seasons but no one wants to see the years of development it takes to build a foundation to achieve it.
My post wasn’t insulting Frank.
He showed up big time this year.
He helped save the season.

I agree with your first paragraph. G/Frank are 2 guards who play point because we need them two and are actually damn good players. Watch any analyst talk about our team, they all respect Frank as an above average player. That's not a coincidence.

As to your second paragraph. I mean...we've been a bubble team for like 4 years now lol. Tough to present that case.

I agree with your first paragraph. G/Frank are 2 guards who play point because we need them two and are actually damn good players. Watch any analyst talk about our team, they all respect Frank as an above average player. That's not a coincidence.

As to your second paragraph. I mean...we've been a bubble team for like 4 years now lol. Tough to present that case.
And we’ve recruited how many pg’s since then? Arguably one in Howard Washington.

My post wasn’t insulting Frank.
He showed up big time this year.
He helped save the season.
Wasn’t directing it at you. Just tired of other fans unreasonable expectations given what we have. Making lemonade with potatoes

My take, and I stated this earlier in the season, is that Frank just lacks the mental toughness to play the point. Does he make big shots and carry us at times? Absolutely. But with that you have to take the inexplicable bad decisions compounded with lack of effort after he makes a mistake. You can easily see he has dealt with this lack of confidence forever. He's the "head automatically down after a mistake" guy, not the "makeup for a bad play with a hustle play" guy. He is what he is. Can't remember a 'Cuse player in recent history that frustrates me more than him (Scoop included), but man do we need him. Probably didn't help that he was under the weather last night, but we've all seen this movie before...

My take, and I stated this earlier in the season, is that Frank just lacks the mental toughness to play the point. Does he make big shots and carry us at times? Absolutely. But with that you have to take the inexplicable bad decisions compounded with lack of effort after he makes a mistake. You can easily see he has dealt with this lack of confidence forever. He's the "head automatically down after a mistake" guy, not the "makeup for a bad play with a hustle play" guy. He is what he is. Can't remember a 'Cuse player in recent history that frustrates me more than him (Scoop included), but man do we need him. Probably didn't help that he was under the weather last night, but we've all seen this movie before...
This take won’t be popular here. I just wanted to know what was up with him last night. He looked off. I don’t follow player medical histories

This take won’t be popular here. I just wanted to know what was up with him last night. He looked off. I don’t follow player medical histories
Yeah, I realize he was sick with Strep. Probably didn't help things, but I didn't notice anything too far removed from what we've seen all year. Not bashing Frank, he's our guy, just trying to rationalize what makes him tick...

4 sources closer to the program than yours told me Frank is a PG, always was a PG and always will be a PG. Anyone that can’t see he has always been a pass first guard...I can’t help you. 3rd in the conference in assists with the WORST finishers in the nation down low. Yeah... he’s a SG.

He does slump his head/shoulders after a mistake at times but I've seen multiple times this year where he messes up, the gamethread crucifies him and then the next few trips down the floor, Frank for 3, Frank with the defensive steal, Frank floater, Frank assist.

4 sources closer to the program than yours told me Frank is a PG, always was a PG and always will be a PG. Anyone that can’t see he has always been a pass first guard...I can’t help you. 3rd in the conference in assists with the WORST finishers in the nation down low. Yeah... he’s a SG.
More to do with his handle and quickness than passing tendencies. That being said I appreciate Frank’s abilities.

He does slump his head/shoulders after a mistake at times but I've seen multiple times this year where he messes up, the gamethread crucifies him and then the next few trips down the floor, Frank for 3, Frank with the defensive steal, Frank floater, Frank assist.
Agree 100%. See original post. Absolutely makes big shots...

You don’t get my post. It’s okay its for one person.
Don’t take it seriously its satire.
Frank isn’t a pass first PG he is serviceable but would be better off the ball.

You can be a point guard and still not be good at it. Frank is what he is, sometimes helps us other times hurts us, but the best we have presently, so go Frank.

I'm speaking more about our recruiting the past few years than I am Frank. I'm a huge fan of Frank.

I actually think the recruiting has been mostly fine. I think a bigger issue is player development. Everyone on the roster is a 4 star player. We aren't developing skills like we used to.

Ha. I was going to say the exact same thing. I think it’s the opposite of what was said. He always seems to come back with something good after a mistake. That’s mental toughness, another thing people say he doesn’t have. All this psycho analysis is nuts. Frank is no different than any other player. Except he’s the only one on this team that tries to pick guys up after their own mistakes.

More to do with his handle and quickness than passing tendencies. That being said I appreciate Frank’s abilities.

Actually when he turns it over it’s usually passing the ball not getting stripped or bouncing it off his foot or mishandling it. Those are myths perpetuated by others. Last night he had the two early turnovers. One was a one handed pass to someone where the ball slipped out of his hand and the other he tried to dump it down to Dolezaj and passed it too high.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom