Fran's Game 7 Press Conference | Pitt | Syracusefan.com

Fran's Game 7 Press Conference | Pitt

Brown calls Eli Holstein one of the best quarterbacks in the conference right now.

Star running back Desmond Reid went to Brown's alma mater Western Carolina before he transferred to Pitt. Brown said he has familiarity with his game because of that.

Wax is still a week away. Barnes is good.

Zeed Haynes is still not with the team. Expected to return.

Desmond Reid leads the ACC in all purpose yards per game entering Thursday's game. Brown said that SU's defense needs to make sure they know where he is at all times, especially in the passing game.

Brown said every team they play he sees as a rival. Rather than just focusing on one team.

Brown said playing a game like the one Thursday, in primetime on ESPN, is something you work for. It gives a bigger opportunity for them to prepare.

Last edited:
Brown said that SU's defense needs to make sure they know where he is at all times, especially in the passing game.
Best way to do this is with man coverage. Too bad we don't/can't do that.

Don't like that Zeed is still not back but I don't think many thought he would be. At this point I think i'd just be happy if he returned to the program so he can eventually play again for us in 2025. Or maybe coming back for the bowl game and practices leading up to that would be a nice bonus to help get back into the swing before Spring.

Edit: Or playoff game. That is still a somewhat reasonable option.

Last edited:
Fran says Wax is likely NEXT week
Is this a classic, don’t give up your cards in the presser? Because he did seem to tilt heavy towards probably not, but did not say for sure. Curious to see if he actually will be out. I think Fran’s a straight shooter and is probably giving the most realistic answer that it is doubtful.

Is this a classic, don’t give up your cards in the presser? Because he did seem to tilt heavy towards probably not, but did not say for sure. Curious to see if he actually will be out. I think Fran’s a straight shooter and is probably giving the most realistic answer that it is doubtful.
Fran doesnt strike me as the lie during a presser type

Most likely because the loud construction just outside the normal LGI room had been very distracting for the last few pressers
I could hear reporter questions and I heard no trucks backing up. This has been a problem for years. Keep it the way they did it today I say, Fran sounded good too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom