free throws cost Vermont vs Arkansas | Syracusefan.com

free throws cost Vermont vs Arkansas

NervousElaborateAztecant-max-1mb.gif

They did miss a ton of FT's, but man, the reffing in some of these games is really horrid. I still am not sure how they overturned the call with 9 seconds to go, when the ball clearly went off the face of an Arkansas player. If that happened to us, this board would have been apoplectic

saw a lot of replays yesterday where it all came down to camera angle and perspective. one angle would show one thing and the next another. i thought the ball went off the hand from midcourt shot. another view from the baseline it looked like the face. unfortunately TV replay is 2 D. and the refs are taking too long reviewing imo. give them 1 look from each angle and then make the call. we don't need an 8 minute frame by frame zapruder analysis .

main_1575926535-Keith-Hernandez-Roger-McDowell-Signed-Seinfeld-8x10-Photo-Inscribed-The-Second...jpg

Last edited:
How long until they just put an RFID chip in the ball and then sensors in the arena can locate the ball precisely in 3D. I have been expecting this to happen for a while now. The chip is small and light enough to have no impact on the play-ability of the ball. Think of the other cool things they could do with this for the TV broadcast as well:

In football, you could get throw speed and exact distance, arm velocity, ball carrier actual speed, exact time instant of crossing the goal line, kick velocity, wind effect, you could show whether blocked FGs and XPs were going to be good or not, etc.

In basketball, you could get similar stuff. I think the coolest thing would be knowing for certain whether a blocked shot was going to go in or not would be cool. That would be doable with this technology. You could also decide these out of bounds calls easier. You'd know for sure if the ball's trajectory changed when it "appears" to hit a player's knee, leg, head, whatever.

How long until they just put an RFID chip in the ball and then sensors in the arena can locate the ball precisely in 3D. I have been expecting this to happen for a while now. The chip is small and light enough to have no impact on the play-ability of the ball. Think of the other cool things they could do with this for the TV broadcast as well:

In football, you could get throw speed and exact distance, arm velocity, ball carrier actual speed, exact time instant of crossing the goal line, kick velocity, wind effect, you could show whether blocked FGs and XPs were going to be good or not, etc.

In basketball, you could get similar stuff. I think the coolest thing would be knowing for certain whether a blocked shot was going to go in or not would be cool. That would be doable with this technology. You could also decide these out of bounds calls easier. You'd know for sure if the ball's trajectory changed when it "appears" to hit a player's knee, leg, head, whatever.

Yeah it amazes me- I mean even soccer has goal line technology.

They did miss a ton of FT's, but man, the reffing in some of these games is really horrid. I still am not sure how they overturned the call with 9 seconds to go, when the ball clearly went off the face of an Arkansas player. If that happened to us, this board would have been apoplectic

One of the angles made it look more likely than not that it went off the back of the defenders hand after the Arkansas players face was smacked with the ball. Not sure if it passed the threshold to overturn, but I think it was the right call in the end

I agree. I would have preferred they had come on March 18, 2005.
it would have also helped if our players hadn't spent the two days leading up to the game whining about how bad the floor was in Worchester instead of focusing on the opponent. yes, I am still bitter, and I hope that poor man's Valvano Tom Brennan rots in hell.

I agree. I would have preferred they had come on March 18, 2005.
the Curse OF Chester Copperpot ...

i only hope the catamounts don't amount to a mound of cats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom