from the Villanova board | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

from the Villanova board

I'm from the Philly area and I agree with those saying their fan's are idiots. Outside a few of my friends who are knowledgable Eagles fans the rest are idiots. They had their training camp in my area and their fans are far from classy for the most part. They would bash mcnabb at any chance they had and he brought that franchise back from dead. I was an eagles fan hard when he was there, but their fan base was hard to be associated with.

I have a bunch of friends who went to Nova and others who just like their program. We have many good discussions about both teams and never do they have anything bad to say about the cuse even after losses. I try to go to all cuse games in philly and I remember sitting by a bunch of older fans one year where nova controlled the game and were up double figures and even then they kept saying how nervous they were cause cuse is such a good program they feel like they could still lose the game being up 18 points with only a few minutes left, they definitely respected the cuse.

Nova is about as much Philly as Atlanta is Georgia. Most people in Philly either hate or couldn't give a crap less about Nova or college hoops in general.

I didn't see one Nova fan heckled. When our students are in they get a bit obnoxious, but where don't they? If we're being honest though we probably do have one of nastier fan bases. Then again I think the selling of booze inside the Dome is the reason behind that.

It is really really funny to hear any philly fan complaining about the treatment of the out of town fan. Hard to imagine that those Nova fans aren't some of the same people that used to go down to Veterans Stadium and later the Linc and beat people senseless and that ultimately required the addition of an offenders court in the stadium on game day.
This from the great city that threw ice balls at Santa Claus. Also the murder capital of the USA in terms of big cities. Also the city that couldn't wait to get rid of Donovan…. My daughter went to school in Philly and I read her the riot act about going anywhere off campus. And no -- it was not Villanova. Then the school did the same during both student and parent orientation. That pretty much sums up my dislike for Philly. "The city of brotherly love" is truly an oxymoron.

So where is Villanova?

It's in Villanova, Pa, one of the Philly suburbs. Penn, Drexel, and Temple are within the city limits. Villanova, St. Joe's, and the D3 schools like Haverford are in the suburbs. IIRC, St. Joe's is a very short distance (yards?) away from the city limits.

St Joe's is in Philly. As are Penn, Drexel, LaSalle and Temple. Nova is about half way down the Main Line. Not very far milage wise, but light years away in every other way.

St Joe's is in Philly. As are Penn, Drexel, LaSalle and Temple. Nova is about half way down the Main Line. Not very far milage wise, but light years away in every other way.

I'm sure Jay spins it that way when he recruits, you know, Philadelphia.

This from the great city that threw ice balls at Santa Claus.

True. And they hate it when you bring that up.

Also the murder capital of the USA in terms of big cities.

Maybe once many years ago, but not even remotely true now. Try Chicago, Detroit, New Orleans, St. Louis, Baltimore, Birmingham, Newark. Philly is #60 out of the top 100 most dangerous places to live in the country according to this.

Also the city that couldn't wait to get rid of Donovan….

True. Eagles fans and media are idiots.

My daughter went to school in Philly and I read her the riot act about going anywhere off campus. And no -- it was not Villanova. Then the school did the same during both student and parent orientation

I'll go out on a limb here and guess that you're talking about Temple. My son just chose Temple over Villanova and a few other locals. He'll get a great education in and out of the classroom. The safety issues at Temple were pretty bad in the 1990's. It's something that TU has addressed and continues to work on. No off campus problems at SU (or any other urban school for that matter) right?

That pretty much sums up my dislike for Philly. "The city of brotherly love" is truly an oxymoron.

Good for you. Thanks for visiting. And please be sure to tell all your friends about all the horrors you witnessed. You are truly lucky to be alive.

I'm sure Jay spins it that way when he recruits, you know, Philadelphia.
Couldn't possibly give a lesser sheet what Jay says to his recruits. Nothing you quoted is false.

Last edited:
philly is known for being maybe the filthyest mouths in the country outside the small midmajor city of storrs conn.

That being said I like nova, Alot. I always pull for them.
Nova and Syracuse are pretty good for each other.
I easily like them better then ucoon, rutgers, ville, pitt marquette, st johns and 99% of our fans would say gtown.
I admit my favorite opposing Big East player was Eddie Pinckney. He watered down the hate I had for Villanova from the John Pinone years.

It's in Villanova, Pa, one of the Philly suburbs. Penn, Drexel, and Temple are within the city limits. Villanova, St. Joe's, and the D3 schools like Haverford are in the suburbs. IIRC, St. Joe's is a very short distance (yards?) away from the city limits.

I had always thought St Francis was also in Philly, but I just Google mapped it and it's way the hell and gone out between State College and Pittsburgh. Anyway, didn't there used to be a league back in the 60's or so with St Joe, St Francis PA, St Francis NY (Brooklyn) and St Joe NY (down near the West Village), and a few other Philly schools like Drexel and maybe LaSalle? Maybe I'm thinking of the Big 5?

Last edited:
I admit my favorite opposing Big East player was Eddie Pinckney. He watered down the hate I had for Villanova from the John Pinone years.

Harold Jensen did it for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom