Frosh Participation Report | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Frosh Participation Report

Here’s another one.

Here you can clearly see HACKETT.

Even if the 9 looks disturbingly like an 8.

Wow everyone hated the previous jerseys cause of the numbers but I don't recall anyone ever not knowing what a number is...

The way the jersey rolls up and folds over makes the difference from looking like an 8 or a 9.

Wow everyone hated the previous jerseys cause of the numbers but I don't recall anyone ever not knowing what a number is...

The way the jersey rolls up and folds over makes the difference from looking like an 8 or a 9.

They should re-do the uni's, and flip the 6 upside down to make the 9.
6 is much clearer to see, with a larger, more distinct gap.

Damn I was at the game going wow Mital is big and playing already and here I’m watching Hackett the whole time. Like said the 9’s 8’s very hard to distinguish.

OR - whomever was recording this data, also couldn’t tell if it was an 8 or a 9.

We’ve proven this is a common occurrence.
My $ is on it being a 9.

Was there any word of Tuazama taking any snaps at TE during camp?
I don’t recall any.

It’s highly unlikely Dino just decided to throw a guy out there at a position he hasn’t practiced at all.

The announcers at the game announced Kevin Mital as intended receiver a couple of times. I think he was getting him mixed up w Trishton Jackson though as I know on at least one of the passes Jackson was intended receiver.

Great experience for these first years; love how Barber's is taking care of now while building for the future!

Just watched the replay. #88 definitely played tight end and had a key block on Liberty’s linebacker on Neal’s TD run.
See I am not blind or crazy ;)

I miss the old numbers:p
The new numbers are a big improvement but the font is a bit botched. The tail on numbers that do not connect comes too close to the rest of the number, so 6's look like 8's, 9's look like 8's and 5's look like 6's.

It appears Nike is too incompetent to design readable numbers on any of their uniforms. If there is a jail for bad design, all the people involved with Nike belong there. What a bunch of idiots. They have a huge advantage over every other athletic apparel company in the world and they seem intent on throwing it away.

Agreed.

Jones plays all year.

The others - maybe 3 more times.

Still waiting to see Jawhar Jordan.
Jordan has to show he can handle blitz pickup back there. Unless Cuse runs specialty plays just for him.

I was so confused at the game when the announcer kept calling out Mital. I was like, damn that kid must be really good if he's on the field for the first drive of the game after showing up on campus last week. Lol

Babers flipped Nike a fin to blur the numbers a bit. Confusion on D always helps the O.

Which freshmen played?
We'll be folding redshirt watch into what we learned this year. Here's the freshmen who played on Saturday:
LB Mikel Jones: Third 'backer in 4-3 sets, backup weak-side 'backer
LB Lee Kpogba: Kickoff coverage
OT Matthew Bergeron: Extra lineman in goal-line set, backup left tackle
DT Joe Rondi: Backup defensive tackle
TE Luke Benson: Backup tight end, goal line set, punt return unit

Other true freshmen to make the trip to Lynchburg included running back Jawhar Jordan, slot receiver Courtney Jackson, defensive tackle Drew Tuazama, offensive lineman Anthony Red and walk-on long snapper Joey Kelly.

What hindered Tommy DeVito, Syracuse football air attack at Liberty? (what we learned)

Which freshmen played?
We'll be folding redshirt watch into what we learned this year. Here's the freshmen who played on Saturday:
LB Mikel Jones: Third 'backer in 4-3 sets, backup weak-side 'backer
LB Lee Kpogba: Kickoff coverage
OT Matthew Bergeron: Extra lineman in goal-line set, backup left tackle
DT Joe Rondi: Backup defensive tackle
TE Luke Benson: Backup tight end, goal line set, punt return unit

Other true freshmen to make the trip to Lynchburg included running back Jawhar Jordan, slot receiver Courtney Jackson, defensive tackle Drew Tuazama, offensive lineman Anthony Red and walk-on long snapper Joey Kelly.

What hindered Tommy DeVito, Syracuse football air attack at Liberty? (what we learned)

Did you maintain the redshirt watch thread last year?

Clocks on for those 5 and looks like all 5 will continue to play.